Has anyone ever lost a pet?

Luke

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dearest dog Debo, tis a sad time, and Sarah, i'd like to see that cat prosecuted for the untimely murder of Michael The Minnow !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm sorry about your Zeus, Debo.:sympathy: My dog was mostly part German Shepard too, you know they are one of the smartest dogs, they have really sharp minds.

Hey Luke thanks for your info, but yes i have already been reading things on dogs, yes it is important to remember that any dog could bite, you always hear those storys after a dog bites " Oh my! this is not like him! he have never bit before!"
This wasn't the case with Barney, we knew to keep him away from people when he started to get fisty.

Any dog is a pack animal, they originally ate and hunted in packs (groups) in the wild so they are territorial when it comes to guarding their food and possessions from other animals in the pack - it's a natural instinct in their genes. It's actually very similar to Wolves who they descend from.
True, yes i know all this My friend used to have a German Shepard named Ginger in which she was actulay part wolf, she was really scary when we first moved into the area, but once we got to know her we could pet her on the back but we wouldn't dare touch her face or disturber her in anyway, before we moved in i guess she attacked one of their parents firends children and they tryied to sue them but i think the kid was kicking the dog for no reason before that so they got to keep their dog and were not sued, i guess the friendship was over though:eek: That all happend before we even knew them. Ginger died about 5-6 years ago of old age before we got Barney then.

animals are very protect of there food, a wolf will hunt down a coyote if that coyote found where the wolf was stashing it's food and ate it. The wolf will hunt down and kill the coyote just for stealing it's food and could track him even if he was already 3 miles away.

The one thing Luke that i have to disigree on is that you are NOT supost to leave a puppy alone when it's eatting, this will case the puppy to think " this food is all mine and no one can have it" Then when he gets older he will protect that food no matter who comes near because he is so used to eatting by himself if someone disterbs him he will bite.

That was the problem with Barney, i don't think we were with him enough when he was a pup and was eatting, i mean we did it a little but not enough to teach him and when he was getting a little older he was just used to eatting by himself.

they say when you have a new puppy you should fill the bowl only alittle and let him eat it untill it's gone while you pet the puppy, behind the ears, touching his paws, rubbing his belly, then put more food in the bowl wih your hand so the puppy knows your hand going into the bowl is a good thing because it brings more food. Barney was VERY protective if we gave him a chew bone or something tastey like that, some dogs take weeks to eat those...with Barney it's gone in an hour or less, no matter how big it was ! ;-) He was a pig!,i tell people he was part pig. we stopped giving bones like that and just stuck with the glup and swallow treats to be on the save side. I was always worried about our cat Boots, but he never hurt her, only chased.:wink:

'Psychic Pets' !!! Luke I find that amazinly cool!!!!

Of course we also had a few dead snakes and budgies that flew smack bang into windows yet he never predicted their imminent deaths so maybe not.
Luke, i have know idea what that means but it sounds histaricly funny!:smile:

I looking at hopefuly getting a Beagle, they are great dogs, i would also like a dutchound, but they are REALLY expencive i think, i beagle would be great though, uh oh, i have to watch out that he doesn't catch any ducks at the parks i go to! Beagles are huntting dogs, he'd probaly sneek up on a duck and bring it back to me, unlike the big dope Barney would would she a duck, and go straight after it, the duck would be air born before Barney got anywhere near:wink: Barney was close with deer though, my older brother thought Barney kinda looked like a deer! one time i was at the park with bareny real early one morning and we saw two deer eatting in a bush, bareny was kinda tugging on the chane but was really clam, the deer then started to come really close ti us! it was amazingly cool!, then some loud kids came on bikes and" WOW look deer's!!!" zoom! The deer were gone.

Zack) Rowlf the, there is no such word as deer's kids... if that's the one word i can spell right it's that one;-) Dog.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Zack, I'm glad things are lookin' better for y'all!

And Debo, I'll be rememberin' you and your family, and pray that you handle your loss as best you can...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
The one thing Luke that i have to disigree on is that you are NOT supost to leave a puppy alone when it's eatting, this will case the puppy to think " this food is all mine and no one can have it"
Zack, you are completely right - i hadn't thought about it like that, yeah i like your puppy food training methods - i'll have to use that idea myself one day. Very smart !

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
This morning we found one of our cats, Superkat, lying on the basement floor in a coma. He couldn't move; he was so limp I had trouble picking him up. We rushed him to the vet, and they said his temperature was ten degrees below normal. They hooked him up to an oxygen tank and did a few tests, and it turned out that somehow, he got into some antifreeze yesterday. He had gotten out on our way to church and was out till we got home. It must have been during that time. There was absolutely nothing they could do for him. He was perfectly fine all day yesterday. None of us had any idea there was something wrong with him. It's still such a shock, because he was only five years old and very healthy. It's hard to imagine him not being there. And the worst part is, thinking we could have done something to stop it. I wish I had been able to keep him inside. It's been a very rough day. The house will be a lot quieter tonight... :cry:
Erin

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wow. A lot of pet losses this year. Moon, I'm very sorry to hear about yours. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your cat! And Superkat's such a cute name... maybe my dog is chasing your cat right now in pet heaven. ^^;;

RIP Superkat.

But, in happier news, yes it has only been a couple weeks after Zeus' early departure from our world, but even so... my family is getting a new puppy! ^_^ My step-dad just called me to say tomorrow they're picking up the little guy, and had me rattle some names for him. I'm not sure what they're going to call him yet, but out of the names I suggested he really liked Loki. So hopefully he'll be a little Loki. ^^ And he's a German Shepard too, but apparently MUCH darker than Zeus. I hope he doesn't look like Zeus, I don't want a Zeus wannabe, it'll be neat to have a new pup. And I've never been without a pet, so while I'll always miss Zeus I'm excited about this new dog. And I'm going home this weekend so I'll get to see him! YAY!

^_^ Debo

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Ernie, I'm sorry about your cat Superkat:cry: I know it's very hard to lose a pet that is young:frown:

Debo i hope you enjoy your new puppy, Loki sounds like a great name! I like the way dark Shepard's look, Im sure you'll take great care of him.:smile: Not really sure i'll be getting a new dog, my parents want to sell the house soon and it would be harder with a dog around they say.:smirk:

Zachary,

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Thank you for your condolences. This is the first time I've lost a cat (well, actually, one disappeared several years ago, but it's different because we always think she could come back...), so it's especially tough. :frown: Glad to hear about your new dog, Debo. I'm sure he will bring lots of joy into your life! :smile:
Erin

puppets_etc

Reaction score
We had a cat at one point, who's name was Minnie (so named because A- she was small and B-she looked just like the cat downstairs who's name was Mickey).

She started out sweet and cuddley, and the older she got the meaner she got. We finally had to get rid of her because she attacked my oldest daughter one evening while they were messing around in the back yard. I guess a car went by and she freaked out, and proceeded to attack Adrienne. She started screaming, I went and opened the screen door, Minnie came in and went after Alisha. I had to finally corner her and throw her in the bathroom (after getting my youngest daughter out, who had locked herself in after all the commotion started:rolleyes: )

The two older girls still have scars: Adrienne on her tummy and arms and Alisha on her leg. Adrienne's teacher's actually had the nerve to ask her if she did it to herself! That just heaped insult onto injury.

I've always had pets of some sort, but at that point my then husband refused to let the girls have any more pets. Now he's my ex, and I'm planning on getting them a dog this summer, when I'm there to help them get into the swing of the responsibility.

Deb:flirt: