Has anyone ever lost a pet?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oh manda...I'm so sorry....

Sarah

we got a dog...it's a schnauzer that we got from the pound...she's very cute....I want to call her Schnitzel, but no one else does.....

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:eek: :excited: (Shock & excitement) YAAAAAAAY!!!!!
Guys, the SINGLE GREATEST b-day present arrived today!!!! COMET CAME BACK!!!!!
Yes, indeed!!!! We found him outside just a few minutes ago doing his favorite pasttime: chasing our cats!!!!
Yall, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to have my Comet back!!!!!!!!!!!!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That is super great news for both of you, Manda and Sarah!!!!!

Comet was missing for 9 days and he came back on your birthday? What a way to celebrate your birthday!!! I guess that's why 'they' call dogs man's best friend.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I've always wondered who 'they' is.....

oh Manda that's great! I am so glad to hear Comet came back! He/she just wanted to get you a birthday present...and thought what's better than...ME?

Sarah

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hey have you ever shown him what happened to Jim and Mr. Hooper? I'm sorry. My sister had to put her dog to sleep. Now the sad thing is that we had to put her to sleep because she had been hit by a car once and she was what my dad said was retared because she would walk around the hall without stopping. So you would have to get her and sit her down. So she got better but she then got hit by another car. It was during the summer so no one would be home to take care of her. I had to go back to school. So we had to put her to sleep. That was way back there when this happened. I'm out of school so I was proubly 16 or 17. So hope ya'll can get another one soon. Just think he's up there with Jim, Hunt, Mr. Hooper, David and Frank Roovealt. :cry: :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
:excited: :smile: :big_grin: :zany: :cool: That's Great News Manda!!!!! Give comet a BIG hug!!!!! Happy Birthday too!

Zachary,

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I'm back.

Haven't lost any pets, but I'm prepping for it. And this time it's not even my pet. It's my grandparent's cat, Sparky. He's a white and orange tom, and I've dubbed him the Nastiest Cat in Existance. I don't know what the heck happened to him when he was a kitten (family lore blames my older cousin Chad), but Sparky does not like anybody petting him. Anybody. Period. If you put your hand (or any other part of you) within two inches or so of his personal space, Sparky would lash out and swat at you. The only person he tolerated (and still does) was my grandfather.

Well, now Sparky is 19 years old (I swear, that's gotta be some type of longevity record for a cat. The vet told my grandparents that cats generally don't live that long), and he's definately showing his age. He's moving a lot slower. He's thinner. He's stopped bathing himself; his fur is really matted and my grandpa has to comb out some of the mats (he's the only one Sparky will let do it). I've been cleaning house for them every other week, and I've seen lots of stains on their carpet from where Sparky got sick or went to the bathroom or something. I know that one of these days, maybe soon maybe not, Sparky's either going to go on his own or he's going to have to be put down.

And I know that's just going to kill my grandparents.

Okay, subject change. Back to "signs from pets that have passed on." I just remembered this one. It was sometime after we had put our cocker spaniel Dusty to sleep because of his cancer, but before my family had gotten Pepper. In the backyard of the house I used to live in there was a rectangular patch of rocks and gravel behind the swingset. In the spring and summer it was where Dad put our sandbox. Anyway I went out into the backyard one day and found a little dog figurine in among the rocks. It wasn't very big, maybe about the size of my thumb. And I don't remember now what type of dog it was, except that it wasn't a cocker spaniel. And I think it might have been missing a foot. But I know that it hadn't been there the day before, and I can't think of any way it might have gotten there. And it wasn't hidden among the rocks either; it was right there out in the open, like it was meant to be seen.

Maybe, just maybe...

-Kim

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Kim!

Thanks for sharing your story's, I have heard of older cats on the news before, but yes, 19 for a cat is pretty up there!

Thanks again to each and everyone for sharing there pet story's!

Zachary,

FozzieBear

Reaction score
I thought I might share my story/ies about losing pets seeming as these have really touched me and have made me think about my pets.

Well, my family used to breed samoyeds (big white snow dogs) and at one stage we used to have about 9 of them! I only remember a few of them as I was so young at the time, but the main one I remember happened about 4 years ago. We only had 2 of them now, and didnt show them in Dog shows any more as they were too old. Their names were Chloe and Lucy. Chloe and Lucy were sisters. Well I had started to notice that Chloe was starting to be really sluggish around the yard so I started spending more time with her because I had a feeling that she wasnt going to be with us for much longer. I think in some way she knew as well, as she was being more affectionate than she had been usually. A couple of weeks later on the weekend, I got home from swimming training and mum had a solemn look on her face. She took me to my room and told me that Chloe had become very ill and she was going to be taken to the VET's to be put down. I was extremely upset and could not stop crying. Mum asked me if I wanted to go and say goodbye to her, so I went outside and gave her a hug. After that my dad put a leash on her and put her in the car. That was the last I saw of her, but I will always remember her for being a really great dog, but most of all a friend. I also have another story, this one is about Lucy. This was 2 years ago. Lucy had not had many problems, and seemed to be in pretty good health, but one day, when my sister took her food out to her, my sister came running inside crying saying that Lucy wasnt standing up to get her food, which is extremely unatural for her, because she eats anything that is not alive. So my mum and I have gone outside to check it out, and my mum has said that her spine had collapsed, and that she would have to be put down. I sat down next to her and just patted her on the head, and walked away. Once my dad came home from work, I went outside and said goodbye to her. My dad picked her up and carried her to the car. I stood in the driveway and watched her go. It was the last I saw of her. It didnt really hit me that she was gone, until the next day when I was at school, when someone asked me why I was so down, and I just started crying. Lucy was one of the most beautiful dogs in the world, winning quite a few awards, including Australian Champion. Lucy and Chloes memory will live on forever, and I will never, ever forget them.

Im glad I could get this off my chest and it makes me feel a lot better after writing it out.

FozzieBear (Luke)

crazy ernie

Reaction score
My old cat Tiger was put to sleep a little after September 11th.He had diabetes and it would bbe difficult for my mom to stick insulin up his butt every day.I felt badly for him as I gave him a hard time(stepping on his tail) :sympathy: One of his favorite habits was dragging up beanie babies and since his passing,there is no form of terror in my community of toys.I am thinking about training Rocky to drag beanie babies and making a victory meow. :big_grin: