Have you seen celebrities in person?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
[*]John Denver
Man! If there's one concert I wish I could have attended... And the thing is, he was actually in Erie and my parents went to see him - they also saw him another time, I think before they got married - but I was only seven and I had to stay home. I don't recall if I actually had any interest in going at that point, though. I should've begged and pleaded! On the other hand, I got to spend the evening with my grandpa, who died a few months later. So it was a worthwhile trade-off...
Erin

alorindanya

Reaction score
The only celebrities I've had moments with are Levar Burton and Roy E Disney (nephew of Walt). Levar came through my queue when I was working on Space Mountain in December 1999 and he saw my huge smile when I recognized who he was. He said "Hi (my real name)." And Roy I saw on a book signing with David Smith, who writes many Disney Co. 'trivia/knowledge type' books.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
When I was a kid, Gordon from Sesame Street made a speech at the Kansas City Zoo and my parents and I met him outside the monkey house. I've also met Buck O'Neil (the old Negro Leagues baseball player who gained fame on the KCPT baseball special).

In concert, I've seen George Thorogood, The Steve Miller Band, Poison, Motley Crue, Weezer, No Doubt, Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne, The Offspring (my favorite concert ever), Reel Big Fish, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Cake, The Living End, among others.

Between Disney World and Disneyland, I have met Eeyore, Captain Hook, Snow White, Goofy, and naturally, Kermit and Piggy outside MV3-D.

Locally, I've met a TV anchorman named Phil Witt.

These are my celebrity experiences.

Hey, alorindanya, I see you're from KC, too!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Man! If there's one concert I wish I could have attended... And the thing is, he was actually in Erie and my parents went to see him - they also saw him another time, I think before they got married - but I was only seven and I had to stay home. I don't recall if I actually had any interest in going at that point, though. I should've begged and pleaded! On the other hand, I got to spend the evening with my grandpa, who died a few months later. So it was a worthwhile trade-off...
Erin
I think he was here performing in SLC at a concert when we were trying to win the bid for the 2002 Winter Olympics. It was a free concert or I most likely wouldn't have gone. I was rather pleased that I did go though as I kept thinking, "Man, he's been on the Muppet Show!" He died about a year after this concert.

My uncle really liked John Denver A LOT. In fact, my aunt said that besides her and the kids my Uncle was all about John Denver...he was all they listened to in their house. About a month before John passed away my uncle passed away from leukemia. When we heard that John died my aunt said that she knew my uncle couldn't stand heaven w/o John so he came to get him.

Phantom

Reaction score
I met the guy that played "Eb" on Green Acres...

man, how pathetic is that?

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much this will mean to the american contingancy here but I have met:

British Rockers Status Quo

and

Monty Python's Terry Jones

bisforbubble

Reaction score
people I have met...

Humbug!!! Status Quo? Cool. I got to meet the following people (if any one cares :smile: )...

Jazz Musicians Wyntin Marsallis, Jimmy Heath, Christopher Holiday, Maynard Fergerson (got pictures with him, and checked him into his hotel room (2 years in a row!!!), & Billy Taylor.

Met Tug Mcgraw, Mike Schmidt (the biggest honor of my life)...Had drinks at a local Country bar With WWF Superstar Jimmy "superfly" Snuka...am friends with people in the Movies...Dan Roebuck (played Frankie Muniz's Dad in Cody Banks)...my friend Dale works for Lucas (Gets to blow things up for a living!!!)....My friends Eric Fennell (a regional Opera singer) and Tory Blaisdale (who has done some work on Broadway)...I met Mohammad Ali and James Brown on Airplanes...Met football star Bill Bergey...partied with Carrot Top...Interviwed Brother Cane, Steve Lukathur (TOTO), Phil Ehart (Kansas, Stevie Rochelle (Tuff) for the college radio station in town...Have seen Barry Manilow, STYX, Journey, Peter Frampton, Meatloaf, Pat Benatar, Hall and Oates, Alabama, Foreigner, Joe Walsh, James Taylor, Fuel, LA Guns, Tuff, Bryan Adams, America, Stanley Turintine, Maynard fergerson, Dizzy Guillespie, Randy Travis, Lynrd Skynrd, Steve Perry, Doc Severinson, CSN, Chicago, Beth Neilson Chapman, Dennis DeYoung, Rita Coolidge, and Genesis in concert, and have gotten to sing in a local Christmas show with the Cheiftan's!

I think that is all...if I think of any more, I'll try not to bore you. Thanks for listening. :stick_out_tongue:

Beebers

Reaction score
All Extremely Cool and far from boring! Neat-O.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I did also see Irene Cara as Mary in Jesus Christ Superstar,just an epiphany that came to mind.