Have you seen celebrities in person?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I almost got to see Jerry Seinfeld perform live, my mom and I were planning on getting tickets and attending his show when he came to our town last summer, but sadly that same weekend, my mom got sick and we couldn't go.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Saw live, but didn't meet: Bill Cosby, Peter Paul and Mary, dude from Riverdance

Saw live and did meet: Cathy and Marcy, Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood

Met on Capitol Hill: Late Senator of Minnesota (Paul Wellstone), and Hilary Clinton

Didn't meet but saw me in person or on video: Al Franken, Dan Aykroyd

Recieved a lovely letter from his publicist: Alan Rickman

That's it for now.

Edit: So sorry for bringing this thread back up, I just realized that it's five months old. :embarrassed:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bobby Flay (spelling? Hes that guy from food network, I actually met him and got an autograph) And Marc Summers (the guy who hosted double dare and unwrapped) Notice a theme? My family went to a food network convention

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I merged the two celebrity meetings threads. Before posting a new thread, try to look through and see if there is already a thread on the topic.

Thanks!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
For me the biggest most recent thrill of my life was taking my mother to the theater(live) to see Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graeme Garden perform a comedy show. And even though Bill Oddie was unable to come to Australia with them they had him projected on a video screen and they choreographed their speech perfectly to look like they were actually conversing with him when he was on screen. When he wasn't on they sometimes had scenes from their "Goodies" television series that I grew up watching.:excited:

It was a wonderful experience in fact I think it probably inspired me to write my first TMS outline featuring Mr.Tim Brooke-Taylor as special guest star:wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
If anyone knows who Bowzer from Sha Na Na is, I've met him(he's not w/SNN anymore but he's with "Bowzer's Rock N Roll Party") & gotten a couple of autographs . I saw him in concert in 2003 & talked to him. When I saw him again in concert last year,I talked to him & he said he remembered me!:excited:

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of The Gatlin Brothers,well I've been to their concerts and actually gotten to meet them.In the late 90's around the the same time I met the Gatlin Brothers I also got to meet one of the members of Alabama.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've gotten to see a lot of celebrities at Star Trek and Beatle conventions, though I've usually had bad luck talking to them!

However, Ben Stein did come to my school recently and make a speech about starting out in the work force (among other things). He was very funny and he signed my book for me writing, "Be focused!"

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
My mom and dad saw John Denver in a concert. I'm hoping to see Caroll Spinney in November.