Henson sells Muppets to Disney

What do you think of Disney buying the Muppets and Bear?

• It's great! Disney can keep the Muppets alive and visible.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • It's awful! The Muppets will go downhill and quality will suffer.

Votes: 87 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
I like the marrige because I love disney and I love the muppets so I think its a match mad in heavn :zany:

beaker

Reaction score
HOLY @*&#^*@^&*#!

Luke! Help!

I woke up with a very bad tummy ache....and I realized...

WHAT THE FRELL WAS I THINKING YESTERDAY?
I think I was in shock...it hit me...JHC didnt sell themselves to Disney,
Disney pulled a Mortal Kombat arcade fatality and ripped the Kermit heart out of them. I scribbled this political cartoon of Mickey standing over the carcass of Kermit with Eisner and furious Disney financial backers pulling the strings.

February 17th is kind of like our own private 9-11. But gosh...I have to stand by JHC ya know?

I guess I kind of view this like abortion...its ugly, unpleasant, but I have to stand by the decision right?

It just hit me this morning...my god, soylent green is made ou tof people...err, I mean JHC sold off the one thing that made them JHC...
to Disney...with all these weird clauses, that could make a seperation of performer and puppet someday, and possibly end licences like Sababa.

Other disturbing prospects like Eisner doing this to ease financial backers and put an about face on things...as well as JHC buying back their company just for this...man.

Charles Rivkin is gone...Sesame is gone...Fraggle is left behind...my love of Bear and the main Muppet Show is gone now...

where do we go from here? Yesterday in naivity and shock I thought of this as a relief...now its sinking in the weight of it all.

My god...what have they done?

Struble

Reaction score
beaker said:
I woke up with a very bad tummy ache....and I realized...

WHAT THE FRELL WAS I THINKING YESTERDAY?
Looks like I lose the bet. I said it would take you 3 weeks to turnaround. *sighs*

Struble

Whatever

Reaction score
Michael Eisner and company are singing

To the tune of "In the Navy" from the Muppet Show:

"We want you
We want you
We want you
as new recruits

We will make a parody
Inside Disney
So we'll get a profit-y
Inside Disney
You will think it a pity
Inside Disney
Inside Disney

We've bought you
We've bought you
We've bought you
as new recruits."

beaker

Reaction score
Struble said:
Looks like I lose the bet. I said it would take you 3 weeks to turnaround. *sighs*

Struble
hey, but I'm not proclaimin the muppets dead by a longshot, Im still trying to see the optimism here...anyone...anyone? *goes and cries*

I dont think JHC will be able to sit down for a while...
*man that reference is so gonna get edited*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
deep breaths, calm yourselves....we can't drag on about what happened...instead, we must think of what CAN happen.....I've been switching from negative to positive all day, but I've been thinking.....the big-wigs at the Disney company HAVE made some stupid decisions, I'll agree with that any day of the year, but disney is actually pretty smart in promotion and distribution. And Disney RARELY buys anything out, they're more of a partnership company....when they buy something, they mean it.

DrummerMan said:
According to one Walt Disney Imagineering insider:

"Now we can finally dust off all those plans for all those great attractions and shows that Jim Henson himself had a hand in creating -- 'The Great Muppet Movie Ride,' 'Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor.' This deal is going to be huge for Disney's theme parks. Particularly Disney-MGM and DCA … Ohmigod! DCA! We can actually do 'Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo' now!? Trust me, this is gonna be great."
can we get this guy in charge? did anyone get his name?

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

I don't understand! Did they just sell the origainal Muppets, or did the sell Fraggles, Hoobs, Storyteller as well? I'm very angry, I mean now it's going to be Lizzie McGuire meets the Muppets or something stupid like that. GRRR!!

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Man, I have to think carefully and write very good this time :big_grin:

Okay, Disney is in insider trouble and turmoil right now. It is at war with itself inside, and people are furious with it, and it is being attacked from a big rival company, too.

So, this is the WORST IMAGINABLE TIME to sell our loved Muppets from all the way in the 1950s to Disney at THIS TIME.

This is the WORST time to sell our special characters which are always funny and smart and STAND APART from all other kidstuff to a stupid company that LOVES to make STUPID kidstuff :concern:

They just released "Lion King 1.5" What more proof do you want?

There will be a LOT more Muppet shows and toys, but the Muppets are gone now. I really want to cry about Fraggle Rock too :cry:

The Muppets will be nothing but a Frankenstein's monster from now on. I think right now Jerry Juhl is having a little drink and looking out of the window and having a sad memoery for the good times with his old collaborator friend Jim Henson.

As for this WEBSITE ITSELF, all the work Phil does will probably not matter to Disney, and all the wonderful designs from Jamie, Disney will not tolerate, either.

Disney stinks, and Disney is all screwed up right now. The worst time to the worst company.

Thanks a lot, stupid Henson kids.