henson shuts down the new york muppet workshop

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael
*who wonders why he can't log in as statnwaldorf?*
Sorry you are having trouble loging in. Exactly what kind of error message are you getting? You may want to reset your password or have it sent to your e-mail address.

If you still have difficultly, let us know and we'll try to get it working for you.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

This isnt very new news.

Ive known for quite a while, Maybe even months.

Skankin-Frackle I feel as sad as you, Its kinda like goodbye to something that was such a big part of the 'Henson Magic'.

See ya

towels

Reaction score
feedback

I think you'll find a lot more discussion of the figures because of the level of involvement Ken and Mike have allowed. We feel like we we can affect these things, and they even asked for our feedback regarding Pepe.

As far as the DVDs, there have been many such online petition/feedback options used with retailers. Unfortunately I don't think many of us have had much success trying to get people un-fired. Does it suck? Yes. Is it sending the wrong message about the company? Yes. Can we do anything about it? No. That, in addition to the "unofficial" nature of this news, is helping keep down the furor. Now if you are organizing a flight over to Germany to storm the EmTV offices... :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Nate,

Has an official word come from Henson though? Why hasn't it been talked about on here before if folks knew?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate

Originally posted by radionate
Has an official word come from Henson though? Why hasn't it been talked about on here before if folks knew?
No Official Word has come from Henson, I think only a few people know or knew.

I couldnt say anything untill someone else did...

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
luke, dr. tooth:

>>>They need a large company like Disney or Time Warner to buy them and give them the resources they need<<<

With this, and other instabilities (Brian Henson's sudden leave of post as head JHC guy) are any of even the most stanchest anti Disney/Warner/Viacom/etc buyout people on here thinking twice?
I know back in December a lot of us wanted a Heroic Rivkin buyback, but now...oh man.

Well, you cant credit the new Muppet tv/radio renniasaince
to em.tv, but suffice to say theyve been sinking for awhile, and unfortunately the Muppet boat is still chained to them. (heck, its because of emtv Sesame is now all Sesame workshop)

Luke

Reaction score
If it helps anyone who is still doubting this - i think with two heavyweights such as Warrick and Michael confirming this there is certainly no doubt in my mind.

Henson don't really need to put out a statement if they haven't been asked by anyone so i'm sure any webmasters could email them in the press office and get a confirmation. I don't particularly put the whole blame on 'Evil' EMTV though, it is upto the Henson Company to seek out work, and make the company sucessful enough to sustain and pay for a workshop. I know Henson had many financial troubles before the EMTV sale so i guess this could have been a long time coming but i guess EMTV probably had something to do with it though it is more that they are cash strapped than being 'evil' or 'idiots' . What can ya do though - the Henson kids signed the sale contract right ?

I know it's not much help or consolation, but lets just hope these talented people all find jobs elsewhere VERY soon.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
No one at the Workshop should take the lack of relpy here as an indication that we don't care about them and the amazing work they have done for so many years.

I think many of us needed confirmation that this news was indeed true. Personally, while I can't say I'm surprised that Henson is firing people (or laying people off, or scaling back or whatever you want to call it) I am a bit in shock over this particular move.

It seems pretty clear there needs to be an influx of cash into JHC quickly. It also seems clear that most of us (those without 'inside' sources) don't really know what is going on or how the decisions have been made. Given the financial situation with emtv, I've been expecting JHC to take a major hit and the fastest way to cut costs is to cut employees. Sad but true. Still, I have to question starting with these employees. I hope something positive happens-- soon-- that gets the company back on track financially and creatively.

To the incredible people who have spent so many years creating magic in the workshop-- thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Your work has, is, and will continue to be appreciated, respected, and loved. :big_grin: Let's hope this is a temporary situation.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
No one at the Workshop should take the lack of relpy here as an indication that we don't care about them and the amazing work they have done for so many years.

To the incredible people who have spent so many years creating magic in the workshop-- thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Your work has, is, and will continue to be appreciated, respected, and loved. :big_grin: Let's hope this is a temporary situation.
Well said, I couldn't agree more!!!