1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

henson shuts down the new york muppet workshop

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by silverbolt101, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Treelo Member

It is my understanding that moving the workshop and cutting jobs was an attempt to streamline the company to make is more attractive for potential buyers.

In most cases, additional builders are hired on a project by project basis. I highly doubt Henson would go outside the company to build the Muppets. With the exception of most of the tour characters, it isn't done.
  2. Luke Active Member

Yup, as stated, a money saving excercise, less people for any new buyer to pay off when they took over JHC and less resources to pay for - but it helps them right now too in their present condition.

Yeah it would be a very drastic thing to happen, but if it came to it, that could be an option. I doubt it though because even if they sold off the Creature Shop, they'd still keep on the small amount of people they have in New York to make puppets. I think you have to look at all possibilities now that Henson don't control themselves or their funding.
  3. radionate New Member

Thanks Eric, I thought I was getting things confused, but I wasn't sure.:D
  4. starr New Member

I read about this and was ready to cry! The Muppets are classics they can't do this! I bet Jim is rolling in his grave right now.