henson shuts down the new york muppet workshop

Treelo

Reaction score
It is my understanding that moving the workshop and cutting jobs was an attempt to streamline the company to make is more attractive for potential buyers.

In most cases, additional builders are hired on a project by project basis. I highly doubt Henson would go outside the company to build the Muppets. With the exception of most of the tour characters, it isn't done.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Treelo
It is my understanding that moving the workshop and cutting jobs was an attempt to streamline the company to make is more attractive for potential buyers.
Yup, as stated, a money saving excercise, less people for any new buyer to pay off when they took over JHC and less resources to pay for - but it helps them right now too in their present condition.

Originally posted by Treelo
In most cases, additional builders are hired on a project by project basis. I highly doubt Henson would go outside the company to build the Muppets. With the exception of most of the tour characters, it isn't done.
Yeah it would be a very drastic thing to happen, but if it came to it, that could be an option. I doubt it though because even if they sold off the Creature Shop, they'd still keep on the small amount of people they have in New York to make puppets. I think you have to look at all possibilities now that Henson don't control themselves or their funding.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rowlfdude
Actually, Jim painted the pipes before an appearence on the Jack Paar show on NBC and now the studio space is occupied by Conan O'Brian.
Thanks Eric, I thought I was getting things confused, but I wasn't sure.:big_grin:

starr

Reaction score
I read about this and was ready to cry! The Muppets are classics they can't do this! I bet Jim is rolling in his grave right now.