Henson's Early Works on DVD!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is the preference order I would have regarding introductions (if there are any):

*Jane Henson. She was Jim Henson's firs tmajor partner, and was there for most of Henson's earleist works. Maybe she could talk about some Sam and Friends episodes that are no longer known to exist.

*Craig Shermin or Karen Falk. However, I think of them as more of the types who would rather write booklet material or provide audio commentary than make introductions on DVDs.

*Frank Oz and/ or Jerry Nelson. Because they were performers during the 1960s, and continued to perform for nearly four decades. I'm sure that Frank Oz wouldn't mind talking about Jim Henson's work (though he has been absent from all of the Henson events from recent years, like Muppetfest, BAM Henson Film Festival, and Muppets, Music and Magic). Jerry Nelson worked on less than Oz, but would still be good.

*Jim Henson's kids. Somehow I don't think John or Heather would do it (they seem to be the least invovled when it comes to behind-the-scenes-type productions).

*Robert Payne. He performed on Sam and Friends for one year, and occasionally performed after that.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This is so exciting and just to amazing to believe and far to awesome for words! I want this collection!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Some one let me know! here I will show my opinion for a disc Set.

Disc 1 (The Fifty's)
-Surviving Episodes of Sam & Friends
-Wilkin's Coffee Commercials
-Muppet Spots on TV Variety Shows 1: Steve Allen Show, Aurthur Godfrey Show, and Will Rogers Jr. Show

Disc 2 (The Sixty's)
-Muppet Spots on TV Variety shows 2: The Today Show, The Mike Douglas Show, The Hollywood Palace, THe Ed Sullivan Show (Sketches they didn't put on the Muppets Magic DVD)
-Tales of Tinkerdee
-Purina Dog Chow Commercial
-Jimmy Dean Show
-Time Piece
-The Cube
-The Muppets on Puppets

Disc 3 The seventy's
-Hey Cinderella
-The Frog Prince
-The Great Santa Claus Switch
-The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
-Muppet Spots on TV Variety Show 3: Pure Goldie, The Perry Como Winter Show, The Tonight Show, Nancy Sinatra's Vegas Show, What's My Line (Kermit, Jim Henson and Caroll Spinney),
-Julie on Sesame Street

that's Pretty much about it. what do you think? :smile: :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some one let me know! here I will show my opinion for a disc Set.

Disc 1 (The Fifty's)
-Surviving Episodes of Sam & Friends
-Wilkin's Coffee Commercials
-Muppet Spots on TV Variety Shows 1: Steve Allen Show, Aurthur Godfrey Show, and Will Rogers Jr. Show

Disc 2 (The Sixty's)
-Muppet Spots on TV Variety shows 2: The Today Show, The Mike Douglas Show, The Hollywood Palace, THe Ed Sullivan Show (Sketches they didn't put on the Muppets Magic DVD)
-Tales of Tinkerdee
-Purina Dog Chow Commercial
-Jimmy Dean Show
-Time Piece
-The Cube
-The Muppets on Puppets

Disc 3 The seventy's
-Hey Cinderella
-The Frog Prince
-The Great Santa Claus Switch
-The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
-Muppet Spots on TV Variety Show 3: Pure Goldie, The Perry Como Winter Show, The Tonight Show, Nancy Sinatra's Vegas Show, What's My Line (Kermit, Jim Henson and Caroll Spinney),
-Julie on Sesame Street

that's Pretty much about it. what do you think? :smile: :wink:
The Muppets on Puppets is supposed to be included on the upcomming The Muppet Show: Season Three boxed set. And a lot of the productions you proposed are owned by Disney, not Henson (then again, the majority of programs listed are owned by other companies, and I am confident that Henson will get clearances for a lot of those). I think that Hey Cinderella, The Frog Prince, and The Muppet Musicians of Bremen are strong enough productions to carry their own DVD releases (or be part of a Tales From Mupetland box set).

King Prawn

Reaction score
The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson

I have no idea who owns the rights to this special but if there were ever an opputunity to release it, this would be it. I know this technically wouldn't fit in the catagory "Jim Henson's Early Works" but still it would be a nice touch. The DVD is celebrating Jim Henson so what better to have a special titled The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.

If this were ever released, I'd assume by Disney, they would probably have to negotiate with The Henson Company and Sesame Workshop anyway, so why not do it now, The Henson Company should really try and get this special on this release, I'm sure they must be negotiating or for a better term asking permission to use some Muppet clips on this release, so why not go for one that includes Jim Henson's three most popular shows.

I can't wait for this:smile: :stick_out_tongue: :excited:

ploobis

Reaction score
I still hope this DVD comes out soon, Hopefully around Christmas time. I'm still not sure if "Hey Cinderella", "Frog Prince" and "Muppet Musicians Of Bremen" would be apart of the Henson Early work DVD set or on a future "Tales From Muppetland" DVD set. Either way, It will still be an AWESOME set!

Here's another thought, Do you think "The Tales Of Tinkerdee" pilot will be a part of the Henson Early Works DVD or maybe as a bonus feature for the future "Muppet Show season 4" DVD set?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Great news! This is amazing. 2008 has had great news so far!

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, uhhh... is this still happening? We haven't heard anything since August.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So, uhhh... is this still happening? We haven't heard anything since August.
I'm sure it will. Henson is a small company so things tend to move at a slower pace with fewer progress updates. Anyway, I hope it will. :embarrassed: