1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Hilary Duff takes over Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by ssetta, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Erine is macking
  2. fatblue

fatblue New Member

I can somehow picture Hillary with Elmo. Don't be suprised if she does make an appearance. Who really hasn't?
  3. Kimp the Shrimp

it would be good watchin
  4. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

Well said
    very very VERY well said!
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

yeah she's a better singer then Lohan & Ashlee
    ( But then again thats like comparing Kerry to Bush both are incmpitinte just one makes it look better) :flirt:
  6. AmazingMumford

AmazingMumford New Member

I think she would do a good re-make of that song "Above It All."
  7. lowerstreet

lowerstreet New Member

This would definitely be an interesting premise for an episode. :)

I like your sketches.
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

just curous what was she doing on the river?
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

oh i forgot to add, with mention on page 1 about her interferring with The Monotones, Telephone Rock, it made me think of her interferring with Chrissy & the Alphabets singing exit. of course she's left alone and like Jerry did years earlier, she too forgets how to get out. wonder how she'd sound screamming hey how do i get out of here? Help! Help!
  10. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

That was Chrissy, not Jerry.
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

thanks. ssetta.
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

thought I'd revive this for our newer members. what do you think?
  13. If Hilary Duff took over SS....

- Everyone would watch it (besides me)
    - The program would be for teens
    - Young Kids would not like the show and watch other stuff (non-educational stuff)
    - Sesame Steet would be red carpet, hair salons, and studios.
    - Elmos World will turn into Hilarys World
    - The muppets will be fired and pop stars will take over

DO NOT LET HILARY OWN SS!!!! Let's have a riot... or not :)
  14. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, a lot of these young teen pop singers are redoing old Disney songs for the Disneymania series, and Hilary Duff did a version of "The Siamese Cat Song" from Lady and the Tramp with her sister, Haylie. And she does have this current hit song called "Wake Up", and it sounds like she COULD do a remake of the song "Telephone Rock" like it. But, you know, I don't even think she liked SS when she was little. I mean, some people don't. Was SS popular during the time that she would have been within the age?
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

why do you think that?
  16. Xela

Xela New Member

Hmm, she's a little older than I am, I think, and I loved Sesame Street! I still do actually... :p

Still, I have friends who didn't watch it or didn't like it. :(
  17. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

What did those friends watch or like instead?
  18. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Hey, ssetta!
    love your creative idea. (sounds kind of familiar though) I'm really not that familliar with Hillary Duff or who she is. She wouldn't, by any chance happen to be short, red, furry, obnoxious, have a high, annoying voice, and giant bulgy eyes that would rival Betty Davis, would she? :D
  19. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Hilary Duff is a young female celebrity/pop-star whom Geoffrey (ssetta) used to have a huge grudge against, because she's younger than him, and her music gets more attention from the young audience than Sesame Street (hence this thread), which is a stupid, asinine reason to hold a grudge against anyone - it's even led him to commit social suicide on a forum designed for Hilary's fans.

This is a classic example of what fan fiction should NOT be - written out of anger.
  20. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

No harm meant.

Still doesn't ring a bell for me concerning Hilary. Guess that goes to show how old I am! And no, I had no knowledge about this thing ssetta had against her, nore do I wish to get in the middle of anything you guys have against each other. (As Sgt. Shultz from "Hogan's Hero's" would have said - "I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing!!!!") But seriously, after reading it for the first time and knowing nothing about this, I could have swore he was refering to Elmo's SS take-over in a creative way by using another person in his place, and trying to give an Idea as to how the other muppets may have felt about it. Goes to show how much I know! :o