Hoggle statue from Labyrinth

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thank you!

Is it possible to post pics here?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No. No pics. Something about bandwidth, or something. I'm computer illiterate, so unsure what the actual terminology is.

edible eye

Reaction score
Cool. You didn't put the scar on his nose yet. Plus the ear is a touch too thick near the top. There is so much detail, but no clear expression on his face. Like he is a doll. Is that your intention? Just thought I'd point it out. (especially since the hands seem expressive) Also he has more of a forehead, but I'm guessing you'll fix that with the addition of his hat.
Very impressive work. :smile:
I'm sculpting a Ludo face now. I'd appreciate any pointers a great artist such as yourself could give. Especially where I'm going wrong with it. I'll post a thread later. :wink:

Laszlo

Reaction score
edible eye said:
Cool. You didn't put the scar on his nose yet. Plus the ear is a touch too thick near the top. There is so much detail, but no clear expression on his face. Like he is a doll. Is that your intention? Just thought I'd point it out. (especially since the hands seem expressive) Also he has more of a forehead, but I'm guessing you'll fix that with the addition of his hat.
Very impressive work. :smile:
I'm sculpting a Ludo face now. I'd appreciate any pointers a great artist such as yourself could give. Especially where I'm going wrong with it. I'll post a thread later. :wink:
Thank you!

Yes, I will change his head slightly (adding forehead, scar). I know his ears are thick, but that was intentional to allow easier casting and avoiding breakage points. I also thought about another new head sculpt with a smiling expression.
I'm looking forward to see your Ludo! :smile:

edible eye

Reaction score
Laszlo said:
Thank you!

I also thought about another new head sculpt with a smiling expression.
:smile:
Oh! Great! Maybe you can figure a way to interechange the heads, you know, like they do in stop motion films. That way you only have to sculpt one body.
That might be an unrealistic idea, but it's a thought. :smile:

maxdrive

Reaction score
when you finish the statue have you thought of any ddetails your going to add to it. like the braclet sara gave him his jewels or maybe him holding a gas sprayer like he was useing on the fairys

Laszlo

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
when you finish the statue have you thought of any ddetails your going to add to it. like the braclet sara gave him his jewels or maybe him holding a gas sprayer like he was useing on the fairys
Yes of course, he will have the bracelet and jewels/toys. But no fairy sprayer.

Laszlo

Reaction score
edible eye said:
Oh! Great! Maybe you can figure a way to interechange the heads, you know, like they do in stop motion films. That way you only have to sculpt one body.
That might be an unrealistic idea, but it's a thought. :smile:
That's absolutely possible. I may do 2 heads, so the collector can chose which one to put on. :smile: