1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by beaker, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

2. Bears Wear Hats

Bears Wear Hats New Member

3. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

must tell my sister about your CD. we love your voice, and we've always said you should have a cd. can't wait to buy it. ;)

also, glad to hear you're well, hope you keep happy and healthy this year

[p.s. count kinda drove my mom mental this summer, we went on a trip for my 20th birthday, and my sister and i counted starbucks like count {58!}... later we counted telephone polls just cuz]
  4. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Not to dredge this post up from the grave or anything but it's a sticky so how much more dredged can it get, right?

Just read through this whole thing because I haven't been on the forums for ages and I just wanted to say that as a long time Muppet fan/former Sesame Street employee, Jerry Nelson has always been one of my favorite Muppeteers who is in many way their musical soul of the whole shebang and will remain so whether he is still performing his characters or not.

So whether he decides to return to puppeteering or leaves the proverbial fraggle rock of the Muppet world for the "real world" of outer space, I, for one, am very grateful for his years of service and the many many hours of enjoyment he has provided me over the years.

Just wanted to say that. Extremely glad to hear that he is doing well and very excited about the CD!
  5. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I already posted a more sentimental note to Jerry in this thread, so I thought I'd add a few more cool things I love about his art and all the joy he's given us through the years!

Mr. Nelson was the first voice I ever heard talk to me in a video game, and it's still great to this day! Math was never my favorite thing, but I can handle this game :batty: Sesame Street Countdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrF7b7xBxUs

I also love Herry Monster, and the way Jerry sings "Telephone Rock"! An amazing talent he has! I loved when that interviewer one time said to Jerry something like, "Boy, you've sure been in a lot of bands!" and listed a slew of Muppet bands - it's so cool how many different singing personalities Jerry has had, and how many styles he's done excellently, whether it be a moving song :smirk: or a rockin' song!:sing: And all of this was before the release of the way cool new album! Congrats! And thank you, Jerry!
  6. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

Truro Daydreams/CD

Hello Everyone. I noticed yesterday when I followed the link to the CD I did , it sent me to Amazon, who sells the album for $19.95. I haven't asked anyone if they are a sponsor of this site but CD Baby sells the CD for $14. However, shipping is free on Amazon. Shipping is around 2 beans, so the big A is picking up 2 beans for themselves, Ah ya gotta love the Middleperson, one of the things that makes,.....whoops, almost got tangled up in a rant there.

Wherever and however you get Truro Daydreams (and if), I hope it is up to the standard you all seem to have of me in your posts. I will not dispute that I am a lucky guy who was in the right place at the right time and when I look back at my life I realize that I trained for just that kind of job my whole life, only vaguely knowing where I was going. Anyhouse, Truro Daydreams represents part of who I was before Muppets so warmly made me part of their extended family. The songs are mostly real to me in that they (the songs) represent parts of my life I gladly share in hopes that some or many will touch your collective hearts and or funnybones and make you smile, laugh or even perhaps shed a tear.

As to "How is Jerry Nelson doing?", I am slowly wending my way back from double pneumonia contracted in late April.
    Thanks to you and all my friends for your continued support and love. Jerry Nelson
  7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

As long as you are still doing okay Jerry, we all love you from the bottom of our hearts and continue to enjoy seeing the stuff that you have done for so many wonderful decades. I have no doubt that Jim (Henson) made the right decision when he decided to hire you. But always remember that you, along with everyone else, have made a big difference for us for as long as we can remember. Please let us know how things are going for you and let us keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

P.S.
    When I visited the set of Sesame Street two years ago, I greatly wish I would have had the time to meet and talk with you. :batty::smirk::sing:
  8. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Thank you for checking in with us again! More than anything, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better - that is most important, as zns said. I echo what zns said 100% other than the fact that I've never been to Sesame Street :batty: And I also think that was nice of you to tell us about the price differences depending on where we buy your CD. So far, I've purchased the mp3 version, but I do plan to get an actual CD of it, after reading about the booklet from another fan on this site. And yes, I for one feel the album certainly lives up to your great reputation!:sing:A rep you have earned though a combination of being so very kind, talented, and humble, for starters!

PS Looking forward to seeing your acting role in "Song Of The Cloud Forest" - I remember really loving the movie when it first aired, and that was the last time I saw it, until now.
  9. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I already have a DVR copy from the original Jim Henson Hour, and it is truly a great piece of work that should be shared with the world.
  10. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

It was indeed wonderful - I wish it was longer...and we even get to hear Jerry Nelson rap in the film!:sing:
  11. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Well it's been several months now. I certainly hope that you're doing okay right now Jerry Nelson. Hope everything is going well and that your life is still going great right now as it is. I also plan to ask for your new cd as a Christmas gift, so that should give me something to look forward too. Anyway, I wanted you to know that I hope you're still in good shape. Take care and God bless.
  12. Bert is my BFF

Bert is my BFF New Member

the count and floyd are with you jerry:sing::batty:
  13. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

;) me too. i keep listening to the couple second clip every day, it sounds like an amazing cd.

hope you're well Jerry, take care.
  14. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

Dear Mr. Nelson,
    I've been a huge Muppet fan since I was three years old and I can't even begin to tell you how cool it is to be talking to the pupeteer who played THE Floyd Pepper! :sing: I hope you're feeling better. I watch the Muppet Show on DVD almost every day. It's a great pick me up after long days at highschool. I am so, so, hoping you're feeling better.
    With lots of love,
    GoboDeadly95 (Shannon)
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Mr. Nelson,
    I know this isn't a question but I'm kinda going a long with some of the other posts by just saying that I love your work. Granted, I don't know as much about it as some of the others here but the stuff I have seen is great. Robin is one of my favorite characters and i wish we could see him in more stuff. I especially love your voice work and singing talents. I'm trying to get into doing voice overs and you've been a bit of a inspiration to me in that aspect so thank you. And just thank you for all the work that you've done and that you're willing to be here on this site and talk to us at times.
    My prayers are with you and your health. Happy Thanksgiving.
    -GH
  16. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

17. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

Shannon,
    Thanks for your kind words and health prayers. I appreciate them both.
    My advice to you about voice work is study what other people sound like when they speak, cry, are angry and laugh. Play with your own voice and learn what it can and can't do. Make animal noises. Find ads in magazines and read them out loud in your best announcer's voice. Learn another language. Have fun with it. Go over the top with it then do it again in a sympathetic voice, study acting, diction, eventually make a recording of your voice doing different styles and characters. Then start knocking on doors. I wish you all the best in life, whatever you decide to do. Happy Holidays!
    Jerry Nelson
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  18. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

Shannon, The other message I sent to you was meant for Gonzo's Hobbit. you could do it too, just for fun. I was mixed up, Sorry.

I appreciate your enjoyment of the shows and the work(Play).
    Thanks for your good wishes and love,
    Jerry Nelson
  19. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

GH,
    Thanks for your kind words and health prayers. I appreciate them both.
    My advice to you about voice work is study what other people sound like when they speak, cry, are angry and laugh. Play with your own voice and learn what it can and can't do. Make animal noises. Find ads in magazines and read them out loud in your best announcer's voice. Learn another language. Have fun with it. Go over the top with it then do it again in a sympathetic voice, study acting, diction, eventually make a recording of your voice doing different styles and characters. Then start knocking on doors. I wish you all the best in life, whatever you decide to do. Happy Holidays!
    Jerry Nelson
  20. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh wow. Thank you for the advice and for writing back to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.