1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

I Ain't Doing It!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Dear DST:
    Because of you, I have over-slept and nearly been late to school/work TWICE. Similarily, I have not been able to fall asleep before 11pm for three days. I do not like the feeling of slowly losing my mind. Go away.
    Somberly yours,
    Winchester.
    Muppet fan 123 and D'Snowth like this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

BEFORE 11pm? Wow, either you get up really really early in the morning, or you're just not a night owl, lol.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Put it in the MC records! We now know that beakerfan is either a burrowing owl or a snowy owl! Now the question is, which one?
  4. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I'd be a night owl if I could, but unfortunately I have to get up at 6:30 in order to be at work (or school) at 8:30.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

So, reveal the secret! Are you a burrowing owl or a snowy owl? (the owls that are not nocturnal)
  6. D'Snowth

Considering it doesn't snow in her locale, my guess is she's a burrowing owl, lol.
  7. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Definetly a burrowing owl. I hate the cold!
  8. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Europe doesn't switch until the 25th. SO THERE!
  9. D'Snowth

Yeah, I think it's only North American that observes extended DST, because apparently Bush was sitting around the Oval Office, playing with his marbles, thinking of other ways he could ruin the country, and decided he would mess with everybody's heads by extending DST, and claim it'll help improve the U.S.'s import/export business with Canada and such... and you know what? Even Canada said extending DST didn't even make a difference, and it just annoyed people.

It still being broad daylight outside at 6:00pm is just plain un-natural.
  10. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

my part of indiana does.... lol
  11. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I have to be to school at 7:20, and wake up at 6:10! Lucky!!!

And it's wierd that this thread was started on my 8th birthday...:eek:
  12. D'Snowth

Apparently this last weekend was the weekend we were SUPPOSED to spring forward, which doesn't seem quite right, because I remember it being the first Sunday of April, not the last Sunday or March... eh well, these last couple of weeks have been confusing enough, but I'm still not going to let Bush Era White House take rights away from me.
  13. D'Snowth

Remember: do NOT set your clocks forward tonight. Show Washington we still have some rights and we don't want them taken away from us.

According to the calendar I have on my wall, DST is SUPPOSED to start Easter Day (if we were still observing non-extended DST).
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

But won't you be an hour off with everything if you don't set your clocks to the right time?
  15. D'Snowth

I just pretend some surreal, otherworldly, paranormal force has messed up with the earth's time.

Besides, I've been refusing to observe extended DST ever since Bush regulated it back in 2007, and I'm not fixing to cave in now.
  16. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yay! An (overused) excused to be late for school tomorrow!
  17. D'Snowth

You go to school on Sunday?
  18. Muppet fan 123

*groans* Yeah. And until 6:31!
    Stupid school. :grr:
  19. D'Snowth

I knew you Canadians were weird, but this seems ridiculous.
  20. Muppet fan 123

It's not Canadians. It's my abnormal school.