I Dream of Jeannie's Upcoming Failure

Teheheman

Reaction score
Tim said:
Yeah! I thought she was working at getting OUT of the bottle!
Well, that's true. But now that I think about it. She's perfect. I mean, think about it, a guy finds her in a bottle(A JIM BEAM BOTTLE, look it up, it's true), she spends a lot of time in that thing, the bottle is her home so to speak. Yeah, that would make sense that it's Lindsey Lohan. BUT, she won't look good as a blond. I would like to see Barbara Eden do it. She's still hot for, what? 50-something? She's one of my old school lady crushes.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Well, that's true. But now that I think about it. She's perfect. I mean, think about it, a guy finds her in a bottle(A JIM BEAM BOTTLE, look it up, it's true), she spends a lot of time in that thing, the bottle is her home so to speak. Yeah, that would make sense that it's Lindsey Lohan. BUT, she won't look good as a blond. I would like to see Barbara Eden do it. She's still hot for, what? 50-something? She's one of my old school lady crushes.

Daniel
That creacked me up Daniel! But I think Barbara Eden is like well into her seventies now... wasn't she well into her thirties when the original I Dream of Jeannie was went underway back in the mid 60's?

Teheheman

Reaction score
You say that like I care how old she is.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was just being a nitpicker (Count's not the only one).

But after seeing Hilary Duff today, she wouldn't be able to Jeannie now since she too went brunette (as did Britney Spears)... will this trend never end?! I might as well dye my hair brown too since I have blonde hair.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
That creacked me up Daniel! But I think Barbara Eden is like well into her seventies now... wasn't she well into her thirties when the original I Dream of Jeannie was went underway back in the mid 60's?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
This whole thing is rather confusing. I think it would be really hard to replace Barbara Eden, simply because she was such a classic. (And I agree, Ms. Eden looks really great for her age!)

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
I think it would be really hard to replace Barbara Eden, simply because she was such a classic.
I guess that's why nobody's remade I Love Lucy yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
This whole thing is rather confusing. I think it would be really hard to replace Barbara Eden, simply because she was such a classic. (And I agree, Ms. Eden looks really great for her age!)
But then again, think about what would happen if everyone from the original Brady Bunch reprised their roles in the two-movie remakes.
somethingofafan said:
I guess that's why nobody's remade I Love Lucy yet.
Actually they did... well technically it was more or less one of those movies about the lives of past celebrities and this one was about Lucy and Desi.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I'm not saying you can't replace a classic, I'm just saying it's REALLY hard to find someone who fits the role as perfectly as the original. Which I think we've all seen in movies such as Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver, etc.