I Hate Those Claw Machines!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Great Gonzo
According to my husband's grandfather, it is nearly impossible to get a toy from the claw machine if the rubber tips have been removed from the claws. If there are no rubber tips, I don't even bother.
This is good to know. BTW, what sort of special knowledge does your husband's grandfather have that he knows this? Does he own claw machines? I know there is a story here somewhere.

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
This is good to know. BTW, what sort of special knowledge does your husband's grandfather have that he knows this? Does he own claw machines? I know there is a story here somewhere.

It's not really much of a story...Pop used to volunteer at a youth center that made lots of money from concessions such as claw machines, so I guess he knows his stuff. My husband and I always joke that the one bit of wisdom that Pop has given him over the years is to avoid claw machines without rubber tips.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have real problems with these machines. All the good toys are shoved at the bottom, or pressed up right against the sides. One time, I went to a WALMART that had a Heckl (or was it Jeckle, you can't tell them appart unless they talk) squished all the way down the bottom, and the generic Knockoff type toys on top!

But I really REALLY Hate Naanco toys. They refuse to sell the Muppets, Mr. Potatoheads, and Heathcliffs on the @#$% open market. They only sell it to arcades and carnivals. The worst is that their office is in Chelsea, MA, so I could drive up there and give them my complaints.

I say we should all break claw machines with hammers, or sneak in bent up coat hangers topry the toys out. (It could work......)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I have real problems with these machines. All the good toys are shoved at the bottom, or pressed up right against the sides.

hehe, you just sounded off the reason I started this thread.
the claw machine threads have even spilled over into the action figure thread.

>>>But I really REALLY Hate Naanco toys. They refuse to sell the Muppets, Mr. Potatoheads, and Heathcliffs on the @#$% open market. They only sell it to arcades and carnivals. <<<

At first I thought it was the way cool Japanese video game company "NAMCO"(Tekken 4, Sould Calibre) Yeah, claw machines and midways only unfortunately. Im glad IW as able to get that Nanco Rizzo. Why am I gonna pay $50 for the Igel one?

>>>I say we should all break claw machines with hammers, or sneak in bent up coat hangers topry the toys out. (It could work......)<<<

Let's just say, if they had Pepe in those claw machines, I'd have some major gauze wrapped on my hand right now^_^

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nanco is short for for Nancy Sales company. Of course, I don't expect you to know that, since it's on the tags, and they're so %^&*&* hard to get.

However, sometimes claw machines have their days. My cousin once won 3 Mr. Potato Heads at once (they werre all looped together somehow) and he gave me one.

But it's just frustraiting that they don't sell Muppet and Mr.Potatoheads anywhere, since they're both popular, and they'd make a bunch' a money. Heathcliff, however, no one really remembers him, and thinks he's some sort of Garfield Knockoff (despite the fact that Heath predated Garf by 5 years, and they're both so different).

But come on, who here wouldn't buy a pirate Mr. Potatohead, or a Rizzo?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Well, today I went to Wal-Mart and I spent $5.00 trying to get Animal. I had him in the air! He was almost mine, and then......PLOP. He fell out of the claws. I almost started Crying!! LOL! But I did get a nice Kermit wearing a Tux a few weeks ago out of a claw machine!

Didymus

So I guess I don't really hate claw machines. Well, i hate them when I loose!!! LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe we should all gang up on these and tip them over, ala the Lenin statues in Russia!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan DrTooth! I'm always up for tipping things (as long as they aren't cows...I think cow tipping is just sad really)! So while were there, lets tip other things! I got dibs on the canned food pyramids!! :smile:

-Matt

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
My friend told me that if you unplug the machines, and then plug them back in, you will get a free turn. I don't know if this is accually true, because I would never do such a thing. Well, accually he isn't really my friend, so I don't think you should listen to what i just said.

Sir Didymus

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hmm...well, there is a claw machine at the bar I work at..on my break I'll try it out. Be careful though dude, the guy might have been trying to get you electricuted or something...that wouldn't be good! :smile:

-Matt