I miss Kermit!

Censored

Reaction score
Even if they never made any new skits with Kermit again, if they'd show the numerous old skits regularly, I think it would fill the void. Not to take anything away from any other muppeteers who have performed Kermit, but no one could ever perform Kermit like Jim Henson. JMO

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I miss Kermit too, he was a terrific Sesame Street charachter. Disney owns the rights to the charachter now, so they can't bring him back for any new stuff (which would be really nice if they did) But they are allowed to air old clips that he was in. For some reason however, they only air one clip with him in it, and that's Ernie's song Do De Rubber Duck, where he has one singing line. "Everybody knows, wash your flippers and your toes" I think the reason why we don't see any more old Kermit stuff is because the show has a set routine now, and there simply isn't any room for old Kermit clips. It's really a shame. He had some really touching songs on there, and some really funny skits that are sitting on a shelf collecting dust somewhere.
I know what you mean since it's not just Kermit. A lot of old clips haven't been shown in a while because of the new format. Again, as I mentioned before Kermit is regularly seen on "Plaza Sesamo." Too bad our "Sesame Street" isn't more like that.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
The Best Of Kermit On Sesame Street

I loved Kermit too, which is why I am getting my daughter (ok it's for me too) "The Best Of Kermit On Sesame Street" for Christmas.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I definetly recommend"The Best Of Kermit On Sesame Street",which is full of Kermit's classic SS segments.Two other DVDs I recommend are"Bert & Ernie's Word Play",where the"Kermit The Frog T-shirt"skit is seen,and"What's The Name Of That Song",which includes two musical segments with Kermit.One of them being"Do De Rubber Duck".

golden teeth

Reaction score
You know...Kermit was on the show from 1993 to 2001. Steve performed him quite a few times on the show...not just once. I miss him now though, that hes finally gone:frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's gone. They could bring him back if they wanted to. Sure it would cost money to use something new, but if they had a series of events where his news reporter role was necessary (such as the hurricane episodes or the ones where Slimey goes to the moon) it would be worth it. I do remember a lot of good moment's with Steve's Kermit on "Sesame Street," mostly in TV specials such as "Elmo Saves Christmas." Also, it wouldn't cost a cent to play the old skits with Kermit. They just have to acknowledge that they have permission from the Henson company.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't mean to bring anyone's hopes down, but the most Likely would use the Monster on the spot newscast with Telly Monster. Of corse, that would be the cheaper option.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I wouldn't say he's gone. They could bring him back if they wanted to. Sure it would cost money to use something new, but if they had a series of events where his news reporter role was necessary (such as the hurricane episodes or the ones where Slimey goes to the moon) it would be worth it. I do remember a lot of good moment's with Steve's Kermit on "Sesame Street," mostly in TV specials such as "Elmo Saves Christmas." Also, it wouldn't cost a cent to play the old skits with Kermit. They just have to acknowledge that they have permission from the Henson company.
I think we've been through this before they can't bring him back because of whatever the deal is with Disiney.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I think we've been through this before they can't bring him back because of whatever the deal is with Disiney.

They could if they made a new deal with Disney.