I miss Kermit!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
true. sorry I see Daffy already mentioned that. seemes like being on the computer for hours tires me out and I loose track of my thinking.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Sorry to get a little off topic here,but I just have one question.
Does Kermit appear in Elmo Saves Christmas?:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
The cool thing is even though we don't actually see him on Sesame Street anymore, his spirit and presence is still felt everytime I watch. Sounds weird, huh?:smile: He started that show and actually, it was Sesame Street that pretty much launched him and made him the popular frog he is today. One might say he is to Sesame Street what Dana Carvey or Eddie Murphy was to SNL.

BEAR

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
Sorry to get a little off topic here,but I just have one question.
Does Kermit appear in Elmo Saves Christmas?:smile:

Yes he does. He does a news broadcast in one scene.

Rosewood

Reaction score
A favorite Kermit sketch

I just recently purchased a used copy of "The best of Kermit" and its a must for any Kermit fan! One of the sketches they show on it (totally remastered!) is the one where he recites the alphabet with the little girl who, every now and then, says "Cookie Monster!" instead of a letter, then breaks up in giggles! Kermit, in the meantime, seems to get frustrated and, at the end finally just says "That does it! I'm leaving!" At which point the girl calls out "I love you!" Kermit sheepishly returns and says "I love you, too." At which the girl plants a big kiss right between his eyes! It's definately an all-time classic!(I find it pleasingly ironic that I can now say the alphabet to my 18 month old, and if I ever say "Cookie Monster!" instead of a letter, she giggles just like that little girl did!) :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love that setch. It's good to know that childern still respond to it, even if Sesame Street doesn't show it anymore.

Rosewood

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again............

The fact that SW has all those vintage Kermit clips at their finger tips, and yet is showing no plans whatsoever for them (other than letting them deteriorate on the shelf) makes me sick to my stomach. But, looking at it from SW's perspective, if I were trying to make a name for myself out there, I don't think I'd want Kermit (a.k.a. Jim Henson) to have to compete with. This "dynamic duo" of SS is pretty stiff compitition to beat, even if they have been gone for 15+ years.:smile: