I won't be posting anymore...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This place has plunged drastically since the 2011 Muppet Movie. Kids who claim to be 13 & over actually aren't! One person claimed to be MY age was/is a teenager! It bugs the living daylights out of me . I remember when it used to be fun! We were like a family (And FYI, people, trying to make this place like it used to be doesn't work. )
I went through surgery 2 1/2 years ago. MAJOR surgery. Had this been 10 years ago , I would have gotten "Can I help you in any way?" "Are you OK?" & other concerned posts. After I was well enough to post 2 1/2 years ago , (with the exception of a couple of people that have known me from Day 1.) I got NADA...ZIP...ZERO concern from anyone! One person even had the nerve to say "Oh well....this too shall pass !" SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE??!! No wonder why so many people have left!
AND there's been a perverted person hanging around here (or HAD been hanging around here. I have said person on IGNORE) who'd been coming to my female friends in PMs & saying lewd things to them! These friends of mine have left or don't post as much anymore . (Phil, Cindy & Ed...I've mentioned this person to you in the past. If you forgot, I'll let you know.)
If people have left because of stuff (whether good or bad) happening in a place called Real Life, that's fine. I understand. But I'd say it's only a quarter of people. *I* have stuff going on as well Offline. But I don't think anyone (with the exception of people that I keep in touch w/ via Email ) care! :mad::mad::cry::cry:
I'm keeping my profile up if I DO change my mind.
Honestly, I agree with you. The site has just gone completely downhill, and even though people *try* to make it like the old days, it doesn't work. I've tried to explain why before, since the silliness used to be spontaneous. Now it's just forced (and I think people gave up on that pursuit anyway?)

Anyway, I've stopped posting myself because one I have nothing worth contributing, and two, I'm actually scared to post something that conflicts with someone else's views. This site has gone the way of "Only my opinion is right and you're wrong" rather than civilized discussions. Not to mention the lack of admin support when things go south. I lurk every now and again, seeing if anything interesting has been posted to my subscribed threads that might be worth a read but I generally stay silent.

Honestly I should just abandon this site altogether but its almost become a habit due to lack of anything better to do than check my threads sometimes. The number of people I've had issues with and HAVEN'T been able to come to an understanding compared to those I have is just...unbelievable. Because of this site I ended up with TWO stalkers, one of them following me offsite to tumblr and harassing me across all my blogs there it got that bad.

For what its worth though , I don't think said person you are referring to is still around. I have a few things to say about that if you wanna talk in private and are interested though.

Anyway I'm more than happy to give you my email if you want it, though I barely check my email these days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MC's been like a roller coaster since 2009 or so: that's around the time we began seeing less of certain "old timers" who were longtime regular fixtures, and we began seeing a surge of what I'd call "second generation" members, many of whom contributed to a lot of the drama that pops up from time to time: there was a period where MC was suddenly regarded as a popularity contest, and some members would whine, "Why am I not as popular as so-and-so?" "How come whenever I post a thread people ignore it?" "Why doesn't anybody ever respond to my posts?"

Opinions have always been a problem as well, and while there have been issues where it seems like differences of opinions tend to be frowned on and causes a lot of conflict; however, that has improved in recent years, with one very specific example of one entitled member who has such a sugar-coated opinion of Disney that if you say anything that contradicts his opinions, he's all over you telling you how wrong you are and what an uneducated jerk you must be (so see, apparently a difference of opinion evidentally makes you an idiot).

But I'll agree: the past is past, and although it would be nice if MC was more like it was in the old days, that's not going to happen, no matter how hard we try: certain people are gone, so the crowd in general isn't the same, and like Sarge said, the silliness was almost always spontaneous, never forced.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I will admit when I first join I was Mr. Mcspamy-pants, after that I decide to changes my way of posting and now I wished I join earlier.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well,now i'm kinda sad. This thread is almost making me want to leave too.:frown:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Aw. Don't let it upset you. Websites change. There's still lots of great people around, like Snowthy. Quite honestly you joined at a good time. Things HAVE been looking better for MC. But for some people like me, having BEEN through MC when it was at rock bottom, the damage has been done. For new people, it's STARTING to be a better place. As far as I can tell. I haven't seen too many arguments or flame wards lately.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Aw. Don't let it upset you. Websites change. There's still lots of great people around, like Snowthy. Quite honestly you joined at a good time. Things HAVE been looking better for MC. But for some people like me, having BEEN through MC when it was at rock bottom, the damage has been done. For new people, it's STARTING to be a better place. As far as I can tell. I haven't seen too many arguments or flame wards lately.
Thanks.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'm done. I really love this place,but none of my friends are on here anymore. More importantly though this place is just not the same. Seems like people want to talk about everything but the Muppets.

I'm also very saddened by the general attitude by Muppet fans just giving up on the Muppets and the Muppet show. I know it's been 10 years but we should never give up.

So goodbye Muppet Central....

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Well I'm done. I really love this place,but none of my friends are on here anymore. More importantly though this place is just not the same. Seems like people want to talk about everything but the Muppets.

I'm also very saddened by the general attitude by Muppet fans just giving up on the Muppets and the Muppet show. I know it's been 10 years but we should never give up.

So goodbye Muppet Central....
No! Please don't leave!