If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I've mentioned this in another post, but the obvious choice is a Muppet episode of 30 Rock on NBC.
Ooooh, I like that idea. I really like that idea. Either all the characters becoming Muppets or the Muppets visiting 30 Rock. Either situation would be hilariously wonderful. I'd love to see Tracey and Animal do a scene together. :halo:

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
*throws penguins around*

Wait... did you say in the air or on the air? ...*shrug* Either way.
<looks at camara...what is up with my spelling today?>

ARE YOU JOKING!YOU'RE THROWING PENGUINS AND WE HAVE NOTHING ON THE AIR! WE HAVE A WHOLE SHOW TO RUN!SOMEBODY GET ME AN ICED MOCHA!

<takes a sip>

okay gang, cue pigs in space...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was thinking tonight, maybe the Muppets could do a documentary-style movie, liek Borat or Bruno (though family friendly, scripted, and of course good). Maybe the Muppets could split up into groups and go into different parts of the world to do interviews, or a relatively small group of characters (Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Rowlf, Scooter, Bunsen, Beaker, Robin, The Electric Mayhem, and maybe Walter) could travel to shoot documentary footage.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As far as the actual Muppet gang, I think that the movie should/could make way for a return of The Muppet Show in some way shape or form. Disney Channel is the prime choice for this show. Without knowing the outcome of the movie, it might be interesting to see some form of "Next Generation" with Robin and some new characters taking center stage. Yes, I know we all know and love the original gang, but The Muppet Theater needs to be relevant in a 21st century setting.
You know, in the Ask Jim Lewis thread, Jim said something like that when asked about Kermit's limited involvement in Muppets Tonight, referring to it as a "next generation" of Muppets.

Of course, The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight both had more focus on new characters, and both shows were cancled early on. Not sure if that's the main reason to blame, but I say that if it's promoted as a follow-up to The Muppet Show, they should include as many classic characters as possible at first, limit the new characters and slowly make the new ones prominient. Of course if it's a follow-up then I guess it's a screwed if you do, screwed if you don't situation regarding delivering fans what they expect. And I know, The Muppet Show had alot of new characters, but by then the most major TV shows with the Muppets were Sam and Friends (a local show) and Sesame Street. The word "Muppet" hadn't been in many production titles, and you could have associated pretty much any character with the Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I definitely think, depending on how it tuns out, we'd ALL want to see another Muppet movie. Just... I think the fact that the writers and directors pushed for a very passionate project (and we wouldn't have a movie, or at least a completely different one we wouldn't be as excited about)... and somehow that's going to raise the bar a bit too high. If things went back to normal and we got more inhouse people, would we be as excited as we are now? I mean, those guys are good and everything, but Jason and the rest are really making this movie pop... much bigger and louder and brighter than the last crop of projects.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Here's what should happen IMO:

1. Release TMS season 4
2. Re-issue TMS S1 with the missing bits re-instated
3. Attempt toobtain rghts for the S1 missing bits.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Besides the release of the fourth season of the TMS on DVD, I'd like to see that "Cheapets Muppet Movie Ever Made" come to life.