If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Would people object to a Muppet movie where the star was a supporting character? All previous Muppet movies starred either Kermit or Gonzo, or were ensemble pieces (actually you could say that all or most of the ones starring Kermit were ensemble). How about a movie where the main focus is on Miss Piggy or Fozzie Bear or Scooter?

TSSD

Reaction score
Would people object to a Muppet movie where the star was a supporting character? All previous Muppet movies starred either Kermit or Gonzo, or were ensemble pieces (actually you could say that all or most of the ones starring Kermit were ensemble). How about a movie where the main focus is on Miss Piggy or Fozzie Bear or Scooter?
How about if it starred one of the Minor Muppetz?? (See what I did there???:wink:)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How about if it starred one of the Minor Muppetz?? (See what I did there???:wink:)
Yes.

You know, a long time ago, I think 2002, I thought of an idea for a television special focusing on the minor characters. I would have had it take place at KMUP, and the main characters would have been riding a limo to the studio, lost in traffic or something (similar to Grover's subplot of Elmopalooza), therefore letting the minor characters do stuff.

And I thought of a video game I would have called The Neglected Muppets Game (title inspired by a Mario website called the neglected characters page), in which the Muppets go on a trip, only for Kermit to realise that he forgot many characters, going back to locate them.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any specials, or a host of them, following the "minor" characters would be lovely!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Besides the release of the fourth season of the TMS on DVD, I'd like to see that "Cheapets Muppet Movie Ever Made" come to life.
I don't know how they'd announce it if it was going to happen. After all, they announced it, but went with a different movie. It has a very weird potential to it, but I'm wondering if anyone outside of the Muppet fan base would go for it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I could see that. Maybe there could be one where Pepe visits his family in Cuba or something like that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if they could do a movie like the made-for-video Tiny Toon Adventures movie How I Spent My Vacation, which had several different plotlines focusing on different characters. There'd have to be some connecting reason for the Muppets to be seperate and have their own subplots. Could a movie like that even work as a theatrical release?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I wonder if they could do a movie like the made-for-video Tiny Toon Adventures movie How I Spent My Vacation, which had several different plotlines focusing on different characters. There'd have to be some connecting reason for the Muppets to be seperate and have their own subplots. Could a movie like that even work as a theatrical release?
No, but it would make for a heck of a special, I'll wager!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

dwmckim

Reaction score
Despite the title, ever since Jerry Juhl first told me about the concept for "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made", i always thought it sounded like a funny idea on paper but wouldn't stretch out well enough for a 90 minute film...but could work as a special. I also thought Kermit, Prince of Denmark would be a better special rather than theatrical movie.
Indeed, perhaps much more frequest specials should be the way for the Muppets to go.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Despite the title, ever since Jerry Juhl first told me about the concept for "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made", i always thought it sounded like a funny idea on paper but wouldn't stretch out well enough for a 90 minute film...but could work as a special.
I have also wondered how that film would have worked. I keep imagining them all in a small movie studio for every scene. But still, maybe that would be a good idea to revive after The Muppets comes out (it was made during the Henson/Juhl days, so it would have some classic quality).

Though I do feel like if this movie is the very end of the franchise, I'll be satysfied. I'd want more Muppet stuff, but judging by the trailers, it looks like it'd make a good farewell. But then it would be ironic, since the movie is about bringing them all back together.