1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, May 22, 2011.

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

So what was the idea for the Cheapest Muppet Movie ever made?
  2. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

Oh, that scene is so awesome!! And the scene afterwards with Nicky trying to break into the museum and the Muppets trying in less than high tech ways ("Maybe we could jump partway.")
    I forget this scene. It was on the second season release, right? It sounds soo funny!

And the plot for TCMMEM? Well, Kermit lets Gonzo make a Muppet Movie, but being the cannon-and-firework aficionado he is, he blows half the budget on the opening credits! So he has to make the rest of the movie really cheap, like when there's a scene involving a car chase around the world, he can't afford to shoot on location or even get different scenery, so he uses the same street corner to represent every street corner in the world ("We're in NY! Now we're in Hong Kong! Now we're in..")
  3. Dominicboo1

Ha ha ha! Yes that episode is on the second Season. How about Fozzie's line "Excuse me , but I don't think that belongs to you". He sounds like he's talking to a naughty child, rather than a dangerous criminal! Ha ha ha!
  4. bingboingcutie

That is just the cutest! It sounds like he actually IS the child too, and that's just what he learned to say from his mom...
  5. Dominicboo1

I know! How about when Fozzie washes his hands while wearing invisiblity spray in Muppets From Space.
    Fozzie-Alright Kermit I'm ready.
    Kermit-Fozzie tell me you didn't wash your hands!
    Fozzie-Of course I did! Mom said always wash your hands!
    Kermit-Yes, but not while wearing invisibility spray!
    Fozzie-Mom say no exceptions never ever mmmmm.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Just recently I've been thinking, I'd like the next Muppet movie to have a Muppet narrarator. Like most of us, I want the Muppets to play themselves, but having a narrarator might help avoid confusion if anyone does anything that contradicts the events of past productions (like most past productions do). My first choice would be Walter, I guess he's jump for joy at the opportunity to narrarate a Muppet film (maybe even point out inconsistiencies). Maybe Pepe and Rizzo could also narrarate with him, to make things more humorous.
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Or Staler and Waldorf!!
  8. minor muppetz

I thought about that a little, but figured they'd rather heckle the story. Though maybe it would be interesting to see the kind of Muppet movie Statler and Waldorf would want to see made (though the idea sounds better as a comic book story).
  9. Muppet fan 123

Yeah they do have to work on those Muppet Show comic books, I didn't like them that much, they should make more and maybe with a diffrent company
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They never had a narrator, unless you count Gonzo and Rizzo in MCC... and that was just an excuse to get more Muppets into that movie. I don't think they'd really need one, since all the other films were quite fine without them.

I can't say what I'd like to see next time until I get to see this one opening day... but I want to see something that isn't quite a sequel.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Yeah the next movie just can't be sequel to this one, it wouldn't work
  12. minor muppetz

I know that Muppet Christmas Carol was the only one to have narrarators, but I thought putting a narrarator in a Muppet movie would be an interesting twist. Though I wasn't thinking in terms of how Gonzo and Rizzo were used in MCC, more along the lines of Sam's narraration of Muppet Snow White, sort of a cross between the linking footage of Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets and Ernie and Bert's interruptions in Elmo in Grouchland.

Now that I think of it, Kermit sort of narrarated Kermit's Swamp Years (I know you've said you've never seen it). He appears as adult Kermit at the beginning and end, sort of like his narrarator roles in Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas and The Christmas Toy, and I'm pretty sure he does some voice-over narraration (I haven't watched the movie in years and can't quite remember).
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think I connected with that line as a child because it's the kind of tone you hear a lot from adults (not that I was constantly taking things that didn't belong to me, hehe). ;)
  14. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I wonder what commentaries in the DVD will be like...
  15. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'd love a commentary that in any way involved Steve and Dave.
  16. Dominicboo1

Yeah, Fozzies is so innocent! That's what I love about him.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A linking device would be pretty funny. Actually, I guess you could also count the Rudolph Snowman parody as a linking device that thinks he's a narrator. Maybe have Statler and Waldorf be the linking device... that's almost what they were in MTI but not quite.
  18. Muppet fan 123

That's actually the thing I'm looking foward to, plus the delted scenes of the Muppets going to jail
  19. bingboingcutie

So true! Mom said...
    Y'know, even though it's link who always wants his mama, it seems like Fozzie has the strongest connection with his ma than any other Muppet.
  20. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I hope they do "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made!" I read the premise, and I laughed aloud at the thought. It's brilliant.