1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, May 22, 2011.

1. bingboingcutie Active Member

Oh, yeah, I remember this...

...you know what? When I watch SS today, even though it's a show geared towards kids (and I'm obviously not 4 or 5 because I can write this message), even I laugh at the jokes! They're hysterical! :laugh:
  2. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I like the one where Super Grover makes refrences to Star Wars, by using force jokes (May the force be with you!) Sesame was and is still the funniest kid show imaginable.
  3. bingboingcutie Active Member

I just saw that yesterday!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: 'Use the force, chicken..."

It was especially funny having seen it in Star Wars the day before.
    It's so funny, just an hour ago I was watching the show and Murry was missing a nose (it was a game of "what's missing"), and I laughed so hard...
  4. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I hope I see that soon ! It sounds hilarious!
  5. bingboingcutie Active Member

It is...or I just have a very baby-ish sense of humor...:p
  6. Fraggline Active Member

no...you, my friend, have a very innocent sense of humor. And don't ever think that, because you are on prime-time adult national television, the audience will boo you if your friend pulls off your nose.:(
  7. bingboingcutie Active Member

Ha! Love it! :p:(
  8. Fraggline Active Member

i'm so happy you always get my muppet references!
  9. bingboingcutie Active Member

Aw, well, it's easy! Just watch TMS!
  10. Fraggline Active Member

11. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Connie Stevens! Episode! And I think it's great that you don't believe thatFamily Guy rude humor is the only thing that is funny. I think what's truly funny is something that will hurt nobody's feelings.
  12. bingboingcutie Active Member

Yeah, me too. You know what I can't help but laugh at every time? TMTM:
    "Well, I told you I wanted to do something different"
    "So put some Jell-o down your pants!"

...and of course, Connie Stevens! You're good at picking up Muppet hints!
  13. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks I'm a bit of a fan... ok a big bit! I actually think it's funny when Mokey has a sock on her nose in A Cave of One's Own. Especially when Gobo comes in and says how funny it was. Oh or how about when Kermit and the gang are preparing to stop Nicky and they are playing to use various practical joke equipment, but they don't have any!
    bingboingcutie likes this.
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if the franchise would be ruined if they made a very dark Muppet movie. Not sure what kind of a dark plot would be right for the Muppets, but it seems like it'd be interesting.

I'm sure Statler and Waldorf would like to see a dark Muppet movie, so they wouldn't have to see a thing!
  15. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Oh ho ho ho! Good joke! Dark, wouldn't have to see a thing! A dark Muppet Movie ? I don't think that would work, but they could make a monster movie spoof, built by a Mad Scientist who wants to capture the Muppets to make his awful scripts successful, but the monster becomes the Muppets friends (like Smurfette in Smurfs)
  16. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if Disney would (or could) consider reviving any unproduced Muppet movie script of the past. There have been quite a few known unproduced scripts (The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, Muppet Haunted House, Muppets in Space), though many of them sound a bit gimmicky (something Jason Segel and Nick Stoller wanted to avoid).

There were quite a few unproduced Muppet movies announced around the time Muppets from Space was in production (as Henson was hoping their deal with Columbia would bring out 3-5 Muppet movies within a short time frame). Not sure how far the scripts got, but it would be interesting to know how visible the Muppets Tonight characters were (I've read that until Jerry Juhl left production of Muppets from Space Pepe either didn't have a big part or wasn't in the script at all) and how Rowlf, Scooter, and The Electric Mayhem were used.
  17. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Muppets in Space, will it have anything to do with Muppets From Space? I also want to so Haunted HOuse, I like spoofs on horror movies. No matter what the muppets make it will always be funny!
  18. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Two different Muppet space movies were written around the same time (the unreleased Muppets in Space and the released Muppets from Space), both with similar titles but different plots. I think Henson initially decided on making Muppets in Space before changing their minds and making the one we got, but before changing their mind they actually made a deal with Welches to include glasses promoting Muppets in Space, so they actually made merchandise for an unproduced movie (and the glasses came out before production on Muppets from Space even began).

I'd like to see the Haunted House movie for the fact that it'd probably involve many Muppet monsters. Then again, the "Muppet Mash" storyarc in the Muppet Show Comic Books series didn't feature any existing Muppet monsters except Sweetums (if you count Animal as a monster, then Sweetums and Animal). I think that's the only storyarc in the comic books to NOT have appearances by any of the other monsters.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  19. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Ok, and I like Muppet Monsters too!
    Duke Remington likes this.
  20. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

They did say back in 2008 that if the movie is succesful than they will make a TV show, I just hope that show won't be one of those lame Disney channel shows. I'm kinda worried about that.
    Secondly if it would be a movie next it would probably be "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" since that was the original title and script before "The Muppets"
    I hope the Muppets do rise to their former glory and I hope this new Muppet Movie will bring it to that...