If they had to recast Doc...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
If they couldn't get Gerry Parkes (who as far as I know, is still alive). I would pick Christopher Lloyd. Merely because he's an awesome actor, and I could see him accurately bringing the playfulness and utter slight cluelessness that Doc needs. Like that Grandfatherly air of sweetness, combined with the hint of curmedogen!

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, Gerry Parks is the best choice because he was Doc, but it seems that there is a chance he may not be able to do the picture. If the actor had to be replaced, I'd consider the following choices:
Dick Van Dyke
Michael Caine
Bob Newhart

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, I like those ideas Bryan. I really could see Bob Newhart for some reason, he's similar to Gerry Parks. Guess we'll just have to see what happens as they get ready to make the movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Or they could always use the Captain. *runs away screaming in terror*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If they couldn't get Doc, I wouldn't mind seeing the Captain, as I never have before.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Trust me...you don't really want to. Captain was just a weird, grumpy old man with a beard and a Scottish accent. I never found anything about him appealing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well you know, Americans tend to be suckers for Scottish accents, etc. Hehe

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
If Christopher Lloyd was cast, Michael J. Fox's words would be true: "You're the Doc, Doc." :crazy::stick_out_tongue:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
just beacuse it would be wired, how about the guy who played Father Jack on the BBC show "FATHER TED"

Teheheman

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Well, Gerry Parks is the best choice because he was Doc, but it seems that there is a chance he may not be able to do the picture. If the actor had to be replaced, I'd consider the following choices:
Dick Van Dyke
Michael Caine
Bob Newhart
Now THOSE are good ideas. Who's the Captain?

Daniel