1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If they had to recast Doc...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Meepsterboy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Dick Van Dyke.

He's my only choice for Doc other than Gerry Parkes. Unless they decided to go with one of the other countries for the character.

I could see Bob Newhart, too, but that would be quite a different Doc.
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I thought of another interesting possibility...Gene Wilder.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh wow...now that is interesting!
  4. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Christopher Lloyd...but Gerry P is still alive and kicken so go with him
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I'd definitely go with Gerry first. :)
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ditto! So long as the alive and kicking Gerry doesn't kick anyone important.
  7. Meepsterboy

Meepsterboy New Member

Well, duh, Gerry's preferable, but from what I've heard he's not in the acting biz anymore.
  8. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

And William Shatner could play Junior Gorg. Without a costume even! :smirk:
  9. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Personally, if they can't get Gerry Parkes, I'd rather they make reference to Doc passing on and maybe Sprocket now lives with the fraggles. That's just me though. :smirk:

Nick
  10. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

BA-ZING!!!!!!!, but I don't know if you can have Sprocket living WITH the Fraggles. I think that you would have to stay true to the spirit and have somebody like Doc's son take over if there is no Doc. If there is a Doc's son or something. Somebody that doesn't know about the Fraggles, didn't Doc find out about the Fraggles in the last episode or something?

Daniel
  11. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Yes, he is. He lives in Vancouver. He is originally from Ireland.
  12. Emeowrald

Emeowrald New Member

Unfortunatly, I believe that the guy who plays the Captain is dead. I believe someone said so over in FraggleRocker.com.
  13. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

How about Michael Gough (he played Alfred Pennyworth in the first four Batman movies)?
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I don't think they're having the movie take place from where the series ended. It will be from the middle of the series. So Doc can't just be dead, nor can Sprocket live with the Fraggles.
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The problem then...Doc will have to be recast, or he'll be oddly older than he should be.
  16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Or maybe he just won't visually be in the movie. I hope he is though. I mean, is there any reason why Parkes shouldn't be able to reprise the role? People are saying he's retired from the acting business, but do you think that's reason enough for him to turn down an offer to do the movie even if it's a small portion of screentime?
  17. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I think (if they couldn't get Gerry) that Dick van Dyke would be the best choice.
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah, Doc met Gobo in the last 2 episodes and since they made friends and, if Doc dies, I'd think the fraggles would most likely offer to let Sprocket move in with them... unless Shimmelfinny gets to him first.
  19. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

They haven't said one way or another yet have they? I kinda thought they were just sort of doing what I'm afraid they're gonna do and sort of ignore some of what happened in the series. Even if it took place in the middle of the series, the fraggles going into Outer Space would upset the continuity.

I'm beginning to think they shouldn't have the fraggles go into Outer Space but do a story that takes place to the world of the Gorgs garden or something. :smirk:

Nick
  20. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Or do a CG Doc. :excited: