If they had to recast Doc...

mrsieve

Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
Is the original Doc still around?
Yes, he is. He lives in Vancouver. He is originally from Ireland.

Emeowrald

Reaction score
heralde said:
If they couldn't get Doc, I wouldn't mind seeing the Captain, as I never have before.
Unfortunatly, I believe that the guy who plays the Captain is dead. I believe someone said so over in FraggleRocker.com.

mrsieve

Reaction score
How about Michael Gough (he played Alfred Pennyworth in the first four Batman movies)?

BEAR

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Personally, if they can't get Gerry Parkes, I'd rather they make reference to Doc passing on and maybe Sprocket now lives with the fraggles. That's just me though. :smirk:

Nick

I don't think they're having the movie take place from where the series ended. It will be from the middle of the series. So Doc can't just be dead, nor can Sprocket live with the Fraggles.

Beauregard

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I don't think they're having the movie take place from where the series ended. It will be from the middle of the series. So Doc can't just be dead, nor can Sprocket live with the Fraggles.
The problem then...Doc will have to be recast, or he'll be oddly older than he should be.

BEAR

Reaction score
Or maybe he just won't visually be in the movie. I hope he is though. I mean, is there any reason why Parkes shouldn't be able to reprise the role? People are saying he's retired from the acting business, but do you think that's reason enough for him to turn down an offer to do the movie even if it's a small portion of screentime?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I think (if they couldn't get Gerry) that Dick van Dyke would be the best choice.

Foodie

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
BA-ZING!!!!!!!, but I don't know if you can have Sprocket living WITH the Fraggles. I think that you would have to stay true to the spirit and have somebody like Doc's son take over if there is no Doc. If there is a Doc's son or something. Somebody that doesn't know about the Fraggles, didn't Doc find out about the Fraggles in the last episode or something?

Daniel

Yeah, Doc met Gobo in the last 2 episodes and since they made friends and, if Doc dies, I'd think the fraggles would most likely offer to let Sprocket move in with them... unless Shimmelfinny gets to him first.

Foodie

Reaction score
BEAR said:

They haven't said one way or another yet have they? I kinda thought they were just sort of doing what I'm afraid they're gonna do and sort of ignore some of what happened in the series. Even if it took place in the middle of the series, the fraggles going into Outer Space would upset the continuity.

I'm beginning to think they shouldn't have the fraggles go into Outer Space but do a story that takes place to the world of the Gorgs garden or something. :smirk:

Nick

Foodie

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
I think (if they couldn't get Gerry) that Dick van Dyke would be the best choice.

Or do a CG Doc. :excited: