Interesting Gulf War News

muppet_dk

Reaction score
As far as boycotting France goes, I'm all for it. How many of our soldiers are buried on French soil and died while liberating France from Hitler and Germany? I don't think it's so much France disagreeing with the U.S. that Americans take offense to, but their deliberate attempt to embarress the U.S. by negotiating with other countries to oppose the U.S. and threatening to veto any U.N. resolution proposed by the U.S.
I heard that one of the reasons that France are against the war is that they got one of the biggest number of muslims in europe. So they are afried to do anything that could upset that minority.

My personally opinoin about it is that Saddam should be removed from power because he is a threat. By looking at how many civilans that could be killed it got be compared with how many that have disapeard in Iraq so far, that number are bigger.
But I'am also a bit worried about a war. I think by going to war the US and the other countries that are helping them will be the victims of increesed terrorism in their contrys. And the victims will manily be civilians.
All most every muslim will see the attackers as the bad guys, even if the attack is a friendly move.
I can also see another problem by an attack. North Korea has reported, that if the US attack Iraq to prevent terrorism & to protect the US then they will do the same to protect them selfs. They think that after Iraq then they are the next on the list. That means to attack the US with nuclear weapons, and they got the rockets that can reach the US.

I'am not trying to say that I'am for or against a war. I'am just trying to figure out what would be the best way to get rid of Sadam in the best way. And with a minimum casualties on both sides.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetsRule

As far as boycotting France goes, I'm all for it. How many of our soldiers are buried on French soil and died while liberating France from Hitler and Germany? I don't think it's so much France disagreeing with the U.S. that Americans take offense to, but their deliberate attempt to embarress the U.S. by negotiating with other countries to oppose the U.S. and threatening to veto any U.N. resolution proposed by the U.S.
I am not going to touch that one. Boycotting France is just... rediculous. We should boycott the Middle East oil reserves that the money to finance Terror attacks and nuclear bombs comes from. We should make everyone replace their cars with electric ones or at least gas/electric hybrid cars. Just calling French Fries (dispite their Belgium origins) Freedom Fries is not going to do anyone any good. Besides, France has a history of backing down on wars, especially fighting them. I don't want to step on any French fans toes (or anyones toes for that matter). It will make the US look more Pig headed than it already is. I don't think making ourselves look like doofuses in front of the French is going to change their minds.

Luke

Reaction score
Re: MuppetsRule,

Originally posted by Tommie
And about the oil, USA have that reason to attack Iraq remember.
After any war it looks like the U.N or some multinational effort would keep control in Iraq while their own people ruled. The USA have already said that the Oil and any other resources in the country will remain the property of Iraq. They won't get a better deal than anybody else.

As for how many civilians will die - some obviously - but using laser missiles it can be kept to a minimum and if it isn't that'll probably be the fault of Iraqi soldiers hiding in schools and places like that. Just think about how many of them Saddam has killed himself - at least this way the killing will stop eventually.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'll have to admit that I got spooked and cold chills as President Bush made his speech last night, sometimes as a proud American :attitude: and sometimes as the big chicken I really am :flirt: .

The warning has been given, the Husseins have been offered the opportunity to leave and according to local station Rock 103 (the ones who do all the work helping Ronald McDonald House) stated that (sp?) Odai Hussein refused to leave. Just proof positive that these guys are freaking idiots.

I also saw on ABC last night where they were listing what our war resources (ie, bombs, etc) are, and we have a million times more fire power and technology than those Iraqis!

The only thing WRONG here is that I wonder if they really even DO know where Saddam and his family are, what the plans are to do about those freaks, and what the opportunity is to destroy that family.

I don't think that a more peaceful approach to disarm crazy people or to get them to step down could have been taken; US has said "It's your oil, you'll keep it, don't destroy it!"; and "Don't fight back, otherwise you will be committing suicide..." and those are all fair warnings.

When all else has failed, and after 12 years worth of asking politely, there just comes a time when you have to plow through the freaks who cause the problem, wipe out the dirt, clean things up, and restore the peace.

~Kev

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
yeah. I think we're done. It's like the apocolipse. I think that it's kinda unfortunate.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Rock 103 just played some call-in info from a sister station KBI-Radio in Seattle where the DJ was talking to "Andrea" who is a representative for the Peace Movement and yet, while she is being interviewed on the radio show and an Iraqi (Mohammed) calls in, cannot offer up the answer to his question 'what kind of resolve can be created by leaving Saddam in power?'

She couldn't offer a straight answer, kept saying "international law" and such, yet she was unable to give a straight answer outside the same thing "no bombs, no casualties."

Mohammed jumped in and said, "You people over here have had apparently 20-30 people die in all this, while over there {in his home country} thousands more have died under Saddam's regime."

She kept pushing her little-girlish speech of 'peace' even when we discover that Mohammed came here to get away from Iraq, his family is still being killed by that regime, and the DJ offered up a final piece of information:

He said, "This is my last show. I was in the original Desert Storm, and tomorrow night I'm being sent back out to the Middle East.
Andrea, one thing I wonder is after this is over with will someone come to me and shake my hand and thank me for their freedom, or if they'll come and thank you for their freedom? We may never know."

To hear an Iraqi arguing FOR the attack on Iraq against an American who fails to see that 12 years is too long, and hearing a DJ wondering what his future really will be, is rather chilling.

I just have to wonder what mind-set people really are in when they have "no war" signs on their houses, cars, in their yards, or they are screaming "peace" and "give us international law" and "more resolutions are needed" when, as Mohammed from IRAQ stated, those over the past 12 years have NOT WORKED!!

As Mohammed stated, when do you realize the necessity to oust Saddam Hussein who, as he said himself, supports Bin Laden's efforts? Is it after many of your family members have been slaughtered because the man over your country has that power? Is it when you lose loved ones in an act of terrorism?

Do people really think Saddam is so innocent? Do they NOT think that there have been attacks against the US already by this freakazoid? You're talking about a man who has slaughtered HIS OWN PEOPLE!!

I went to college with a guy who was in Desert Storm. He said there was a cold building (either ice rink or something like that) where there were MOUNDS of bodies of Iraqis. They were the victims of chemical warfare tests.

Saddam did this to his OWN people.

And, yet, there are those individuals out there who say, "Let the old dog sit on the porch."

I have to wonder, just whose side are they on?

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Biblically (I believe it), and VERY paraphrased (someone correct me), when the countries come up against Israel then comes Armegeddon (or something like that).

Speaking of killing Bin Laden, when the first WTC deal happened in the parking garage Bill Clinton was too easy going about it and did NOTHING about it. I'm glad we finally have a president with gumption!

BTW, anybody heard the rap song: "Osama, Yo Mama!" ?
Gumption hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. In 1970 when dubbya was facing induction and possible deployment to Vietnam, the patriotic and hawkish Bush joined not the U.S. army or Airforce but to theTexas Air National Guard. D uring this four year stint he served only 68 days of active duty defending the Gulf of Mexico. Records show that the future "Comander in Chief" was absent without leave (AWOL) during his last two years of service. From May 1, 1972 to April 30,1973he was in Alabama on a U.S. Senate campaign. See Chickenhawk

tomahawk

Reaction score
Israel- No.1 recipient of U.S. military aid. For decades they have occupied the West Bank and Gaza Strip. This violates international law and has been one of the sources of major, major problems in the middle east. They are also in violation of international nuclear-arms-reduction treaties. Like N. Korea, they have devoloped a nuclear-weapons prgram that they deny exsists. Israel is also in violation of several U.N. resolutions, including No. 1322, which calls upon Israel to " scurpulousy abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention regarding the responsibilities of occupying power";1402, which demands Israel to withdraw from Palistinian cities.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Unsure if you were defending him or not, but tell me: What did Bill do? Wasn't it Mr. Clinton who split the country and took off to avoid the draft to Vietnam? At least Bush signed up for something! Wasn't Clinton also the same president to cower and not follow through on the original attack of WTC? Had Clinton followed up on the original attack, might all the death and destruction that occurred that one September morning been diverted? Possibly.

Gumption hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. In 1970 when dubbya was facing induction and possible deployment to Vietnam, the patriotic and hawkish Bush joined not the U.S. army or Airforce but to theTexas Air National Guard. During this four year stint he served only 68 days of active duty defending the Gulf of Mexico. Records show that the future "Comander in Chief" was absent without leave (AWOL) during his last two years of service. From May 1, 1972 to April 30,1973he was in Alabama on a U.S. Senate campaign. See Chickenhawk
Chickenhawks eat chickens. :stick_out_tongue:

I can't understand you (or anyone) not defending our President. Seems strange how we have SO many people out there that know all THAT information and brings it up when someone supports the president. Isn't that backwards thinking? I don't know.

At the same time, what would you have done? Ideally, we'd like to say, "I'm brave and will fight!" On the inside, we're all a bunch of chickens...after all, here we sit in a Muppets forum discussing the war while the REAL heroes are over there preparing for battle!! I'm not across the waters preparing for battle (thank GOD!) because I'm too big a chicken (unfortunately).

I don't have an excuse for what Bush did years ago, but I back his decision in present days. Heck, had Bill Clinton been doing the same thing I'd have supported him--but his only gumption is to fly away from the US.

Fact of the matter is, Bush has followed through with what he said he was going to do regarding the attacks against the US on our own soil, and kudos go also to those in charge of the allied countries.

I have to ask, if one can't support his President or leader, then he supports what? The opposition?? I hope not.

Thanks for responding regarding a statement of a President with gumption, but what's your stance on the war? What about your feelings concerning the thousands of people around the world who die because of terrorist activity supported by Saddam? What about your feelings regarding the liberation of a people crushed under the powerful thumb of dictatorship where his son is allowed to run rampant and order women to sleep with him or die?

What kind of country are we, then, if we allow that kind of monstrous activity in a country when they already have broken every law and rule placed on them by the world if we don't follow through?

A hipocrytic one, I would think.

Practice what you preach, because you can't lead where you ain't goin'--and I think Bush is preaching, practicing, and doing a darn good job leading!

Amen! :attitude:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Biblically (I believe it), and VERY paraphrased (someone correct me), when the countries come up against Israel then comes Armegeddon (or something like that).
Okay, while somewhat close, there's one flaw in that statment.

It says that there will be a cry of "'peace and security', then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them." Might read differently in your bible, though. That's at 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verses 2 and 3.

We just don't know if this war will lead up to that cry.

I'm a chickenahwk, and you're a chicken!

I say, I say, I ain't no chicken! Thar's a chicken!