Interesting Gulf War News

tomahawk

Reaction score
First of all , of the 15 terrorists who blew up the wtc buildings, not one of them were Iraqi. ****, none of them were Afganistans either. But 11 of them were from Saudi Arabia. Why not go over there and start blowing things up just because there might be the slightest chance that they are training and or funding more terrorists.

Yes, Dubbya did sign up for something, but if you read everything I wrote he was AWOL for two years. Anybody else would have been in big trouble for this. Yet somehow he is president. On that note, I've gotten jobs where my family was already working too.

About the chickenhawk statement you didn't understand. A chickenhawk is someone who advocates war but skipped the chance to put himself in harms way when he was eligible to serve in combat. Heres three more exaples to whats going on right now.

Dick Cheney-Five deferments during Vietnam.(Had other "commitments"

House Majority Leader-Tom Delay- says he wanted to join up for Vietnam, but "minorities had taken up all of the available positions so he stayed home

Rush Limbaugh-couldn't go mano a mano with the Vietcong due to an outbreak of anal cysts.

What I'm saying is that there is a wealth of info out there. Think for yourself, read everything that you can. Don't take what you hear on the radio or on tv as the be all end all.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
It says that there will be a cry of "'peace and security', then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them." Might read differently in your bible, though. That's at 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verses 2 and 3.
I knew someone would know it better than I would.

The stuff Tomahawk just mentioned regarding Israel is way over my head and knowledge, so I can't say much except that it is my understanding that they are allies of ours (?) and then to ask if their occupation has resulted in any lost business or dictatorship regimes creating the mass genocide of that land's citizens, including their own citizens, cause I don't know?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I am against the war for many reasons, but I think the one I am most clinging to is the DIRE RAMIFICATIONS that will come out of this. It's not like once this war is over, everything goes backl to normal. Look at WW I.... if there was no WW I, we wouldn't be in this situation right now.

(I.E. No attacks on Germany, stopping Hitler from coming into power, stopping the Holocaust, stopping Israel from becoming a country, preventing terrorism... etc. etc. etc.) Of course, that's just a working theory.

But the reason people like Saddam and Bin Laden come into power is OUR fauulkt, because we have to go and fight everybody else's war. Why did the Taliban come in to power? The fear of Communism. Why, I'm not surprized that the weopons that they used against us, were from us. And Iraq is because we were afraid of Iran.

You know, there are three reasons why Bush wants the war

!) To make his daddy proud (If his daddy were any good, we could have done away with Saddam YEARS ago)

2) Oil. Why don't you think we're attacking Saudi Arabia, where the Terrorist come from (Bin Laden and Saddam are both rooted in there)

3) Cheap revenge. Yes, those regligious psychopaths crashed Planes into the buildings. When we were just trying to rid the region of Bin Laden, I was okay (yet uneasy about the aftermath) with it. Granted, Saddam has funded and manufactured weopons for the Terrorists (which is becasue of the funding we give them for oil!) But as a Profit. Of course, with that mind set, we should bomb the Middle East completely, because weopons and funding for Terrorist psychopaths come from just about everywhere over there (no thanks to the Israelis and Palistinians).

Okay, I'll just go right on and say we should have NEVER gotten involved with Israel. Both sides are complete drooling MORONS, blinded by their own faith! It's a never ending, unwinnable (if that's a word) battle. Both sides will continue to kill eachother because their respective religious texts say that they should own the land. Think of a school yard battle over who owns a toy truck. Now make those two kids stupider, more violent, and give them weopons. Multiply each side several thousand times, and have them all whine for people to take sides. Israal and Palistine, that's them. I blaime the UN for this one. They could have ANY land, no, let's be blinded by our faith and fight over a crappy chunk of dirt and rock, because God says we're entitled to it.

Personally, it's not so much I'm against the War as I am against Bush. I have nothing else against the Republican party (though I am Democratic), but I just can't stand Bush at all (Why couldn't John McCain win the primary? Why?) It's not so much as he's using war, but as much as his Cowboy attitude ("I'll give you 48 hours tom leave Dodge city Saddam....I mean, Iraq")

Of course, Saddam and his million wives and sons are also pieces of junk. He's the one that wants the war, as I've said. Why else do you think he won't step down himself at the risk of having innocent people slaughtered on his behalf? Did anyone even think he would step down? Of course not. He's not going to be fighting in the War, he'll just sit poolside of his mansion bunker, sipping Martinis and plotting global domination after he polishes off the US with his mindless puppet warrior terrorists.

Why do people even let people like this into power anyway? How great does a totalitarian state sound? Ohh! I just loooove the aspect of being raped, censored, murdered, and brainwashed by one little dip sh***. Ohj yes! I say, let him set up an empire, and not a democracy, were we won't be forced to fight his battles.

This planet SUCKS! everyone in power is ****ed up!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
Rush Limbaugh-couldn't go mano a mano with the Vietcong due to an outbreak of anal cysts.
Looks like he still retains a lot of what couldn't get out past those cysts, too.

I also want to be sure you realize, Tomahawk, that I didn't intend for anything I said above to be directed to you--just thoughts in my brain, and my own opinions. Where I was responding directly to you, you know.

I'm not going to sit here and say that what people have done in the past was correct, and I dare not come up with excuses for them because, heck, I have enough trouble coming up with excuses for ME!

Still, what's going on right now? What are the plans and the situations facing us right now? Now is when we need to worry and be supportive of what our government is doing.

Based on what you know, was there a direct result of cause and effect from the actions of those you've named above that influenced the means to an end of the conflicts which surrounded their actions? No.

Saddam said himself that he supported the actions of Bin Laden, that was during some show I saw on television (a news show). I've never seen where Saudi Arabia itself claimed such support. It may have been some of that country's citizens that joined a religion and are thus Terrorists, but that doesn't mean that Saudi Arabia supports terrorism.

Saddam, on the other hand, is a different story. He murders his own people in a terrorist-fashion, had he taken over Saudi Arabia back when then he would have more land, more control, and there would be more deaths at his hands. He is an uncontrollable evil! He SAID he supported Bin Laden, and maybe someone can verify that information because I'm not willing to go back through all the past months since 9/11 and discover when and where it was that he said it; but he said it.

Not even just because of 9/11, but also because he has failed to listen to the treaties/resolutions, etc, and has continued to mass produce weapons of mass destruction and biochemical weapons. Sure, Isreal may be out of bounds somewhere, but what threat do they hold against anyone? (Seriously, cause I don't know).

I do have to wonder, too, which political party you are a part of, because it seems that you're really on a run to down the president. Personally, I just go whichever way the president candidates make me sway--whoever seems best for the job.

My opinion about the posts you're making are in downing your president and not supporting his efforts. You've linked me to an internet web-address, but have you actually held the papers in your hand to know it's all 100% accurate information? What is your stance on the current situations, rather than what you think about these people's past?

I'm more interested in the here-and-now, the situations that face our world today which will directly influence how my life continues.

As long as what they do now is the 'right' thing to do, then I'm behind that, and in my opinion I see them doing the right thing.

But it's only my opinion.

tomahawk

Reaction score
All I'm saying by posting a link is check it out. Read anything and everything you can get your hands on. There is more to this war than any of us know. I don't know everything. All of the events that have occured in the past two years have me questioning things though. No, I do not support the presidents decision. and maybe the actions of those individuals didn't have a huge impact but if you are willing to commit lives don't you think you should have been willing to commit your own.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
It's not so much as he's using war, but as much as his Cowboy attitude ("I'll give you 48 hours tom leave Dodge city Saddam....I mean, Iraq")
That was funn-ee! :big_grin:

I still can't imagine someone being against their president in a time like this.

What other alternative does the president have in a case like this? You've told us you don't like him, now what do you suggest that he do? What do you think should be done?

Do we settle for treaties and resolutions for another 12 years until Saddam decides to jump the gun and just lambast us with whatever technology and biochemical warfare he could acquire over that amount of time? Should Bush have just twiddled his thumbs after the WTC Attack and not do anything? What?

I'm seeing where folks are against their own president for following through with the sanctions given him in his position by the UN, doing what must be done, but nobody who is against the president is offering up any alternative means of resolving the conflict. And I ask, if you're against your president, who are you for?

Do you think John McCain would have done something better after 9/11? What do you think he would have done? Furthermore, dare you honestly lessen your own patriotism to call this "cheap revenge" after what happened to those people in the WTC?? That was something that affected, not only the US but also, the entire world! I must say that you apparently did not listen to the speech last night: He has offered the country to maintain their oil wells and told them not to destroy them. He realizes their importance to the world and I do not believe after his statements last night that he wants to overthrow Saddam to get to his oil. He made that clear last night.

I stated my case and reason that I think war is inevitable--and admitted that I am a big chicken and am a hipocrite because I would be too scared to go into war myself--and admitted that I support the President and the US Government's take on all this; I support our soldiers (men and women) who are there right now waiting to go into battle against Iraq because they believe that what they're doing is for a great cause.

It is my opinion that the president is doing his job, doing the right thing, and that this is all inevitable to allow freedom, and ultimately peace, a chance. Otherwise, you will see us going right back into the pits of heck with Hitler Jr.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
but if you are willing to commit lives don't you think you should have been willing to commit your own.
In pure honesty, yes.

Still, the soldiers that are there are willing to commit their own because they believe in what is happening whether they want to be there or not, and they will do what they are given power to do in order to maintain our own freedom, including that of others around the world--even those in Iraq.

Also, when I hear a man from Iraq arguing with a peace-screaming American woman and HE says this should be done, then you have to realize that the people there are under too much distress and are in harm's way--not by our country, but by their own dictator.

I apprecate the responses and opinions folks are posting here, I've argued my reason for thinking the president is doing the right thing, yet nobody has yet offered any other resolve to the conflict.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

Do you think John McCain would have done something better after 9/11? What do you think he would have done? Furthermore, dare you honestly lessen your own patriotism to call this "cheap revenge" after what happened to those people in the WTC?? That was something that affected, not only the US but also, the entire world! I must say that you apparently did not listen to the speech last night: He has offered the country to maintain their oil wells and told them not to destroy them. He realizes their importance to the world and I do not believe after his statements last night that he wants to overthrow Saddam to get to his oil. He made that clear last night.
Well, if anything, at least McCain was a veteran. I never did like Bush before or after 9/11. I dunno, it's just his attitude, and I don't like how he stands on the other issues. Of course, I have never been a fan of world leaders anyway. They're all corrupt, but there's just too many levels.

But I still think if we had averted (the whole planet) WW 1, we wouldn't even be in this mess.

As for the oil, I take that back, I just got angry. Oil has nothing to do with it. Of course, oil is an issue, because then we'd go and fight Saudi Arabia (where the REAL terrorists are).

It's just I don't think we should rush this war thing too much without considering the dire ramifications of the aftermath.

Besides, I still think North Korea is a bigger threat. It's a Stalinist country. Stalinist. The guy who went crazy and sent everyone to Siberia......

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
True, McCain was a veteran, but who's to say once in power it wouldn't elevate to his head and then we might be in a worse situation. There's no way of knowing, but it could have happened.

I'm sure our military is intelligent enough to consider through beyond the war which is inevitable at this point and guess what the aftermath will be.

Already, per a report on the radio, there was already several Iraqi soldiers willing to surrender, but were sent back until the war begins because officially the US and its Allies cannot take POWs until the onset of war. Currently, they are reported to be waiting at some boundary to surrender.

I understand the oil thing, but what are you angry about? That we're attacking Iraq or that they downed two huge buildings and the Pentagon and killed all those civilians? The US has already littered the streets of Iraq with information asking its civilians to stay out of the line of fire and NOT get involved and they'll be okay. US is trying to liberate those people, just as we did France and Germany and Austria and other countries.

I do know more about WWII than I do WWI. Are you discussing the war with Hitler? In which case, if memory serves correct, we wouldn't have been involved had Japan not bombed Pearl Harbor; and had we not gotten involved Germany would be bigger, working under a totalitarian government and there would be no means for dimplomacy. Not to mention (as there is with Saddam) that there would still be mass genocides to this day. I also have to wonder how many Jewish folks would be around had Hitler not be stopped!

Korea is a threat, but they did not state that they supported terrorism, and Saddam has.

You don't have to like your president, but you can't honestly deny your country the support of maintaining peace at such a cost as this. I mean, I'm not for stopping abortion by killing the doctors who perform them, and I like anyone else prefer peace and that our soldiers are home safe with their families, but when you have a dictator like Saddam in place, who openly supports terrorism, then you have to stop it in order that you and I can live in peace and harmony.

Otherwise, prepare for more WTC events, because it won't stop until the sources for such end.

There again, it wasn't Saudi Arabia supporting terrorism, but citizens from there who joined a cult. After all, we're not all satanists because a few Americans decide that is the religion they want to praise.