Is Cookie Monster no more?

Dantagon

Reaction score
I'm curious about what you say about earlier versions of Cookie before SS. I definiately have never seen them being that I wasn't around to see TMS which I know started airing in 1976. I have how ever been keeping up with the best of the muppets and the first season of TMS, as well as what ever I can get my hands on. I haven't seen anything to date as an early Cookie Monster. I have seen other monsters eating other monsters and things on TMS.

I have noticed Mr. Noodles actions on the show, and it is particularly annoying. SS used to be something I could sit there and watch over the summer just for fun and it was still cute and retained its muppetyness. Now it feels like a pain to watch the end once they put on Elmo's world. I think they are trying to squeeze out every last drop out of it till it dies. I found multipule tapes of Elmo's World, 50 minutes long! Though back to Mr. Noodle. Just because something didn't work then, back in the 70's, there is no reason it can't work now. That or they just need Jim Henson to come back from the grave and kick them all in the butt, it might get them back into shape.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
What's wrong with that? Maybe Elmo's World was the child's favorite part of the show?
That's fine if it's her favorite part of the show. As long as she knows what the show is called, that's all. :smile:

I too am surprised, as someone mentioned earlier, that parents never seem to mind certain characters'...um...speech difficulties.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Dantagon said:
I'm curious about what you say about earlier versions of Cookie before SS.
There was a monster that would become Cookie Monster later on. He appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show (eating a machine). A black and white photo from 1967 can be seen here. This "Cookie Monster" was green and had teeth. A color photo can be seen here. Another version of Cookie Monster that I know of is from a Munchos potato chip commercial from the 1960s. Back then he was called Arnold. Check it out here.

Convincing John

NeopetsVMKKelly

Reaction score
Dantagon said:
Hehe! Definiately Cookie Monster in the early stages of his birth. Thanks for the pics!
oh no, those first pictures on that link reminded me of a bad dream i had once.

The dream was that cookie monster and a huge leprachon jumped out of a burger king commercial and tried to eat me, and worst of all, cookie had huge teeth.

Dantagon

Reaction score
Wow, that is a bad dream! *Comforts Neo* Don't worry, Cookie and the Leprochon won't hurt you any more. Now we have a scary person with a mask on BK comercials.

superfan

Reaction score
I love that! Cookie as Little Boy Blue looks so...deflated!
(note: NEED Cookie Monster smilie!)

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Coookies

Okay here's deal. Me not changing me name to Veggie Monster. Me staying Cookie Monster. Me still love cookies and all other kinds of food. Me also eat everything you put in front of me. By way if Prarie Dawn tells me that letter of day is not cookie one more time, me going to ARRRUM ARRRUUM YUM YUM YUM ARRUM!!!!

Cookie Monster, why did you eat my computer???

Me heard it had cookies in it.

BUUUUUUURP 'scuse me

mikebennidict

Reaction score
V is for Veggies. That's good enough for me.

V is for veggies. That's good me enogh for me.

V is for veggies. That's good enough for me. Oh Veggies veggies veggie start with V.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
V is for Veggies

Hmm, letter of day is V, now what starts with V? (music starts) Veggies start with V, now what else starts with V? No, No, this will never work me can't think of way to make this song work. Somebody help me please!!! (insert Cookie Monster smiley here)