It Feels Like Christmas

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<headslap>

I'll comment more fully when I don't have a hundred pounds of studying to do with parents listening to my every laugh, but I just HAVE to point out right now... Ok so I HAVE to point out everything now, but this get's priority:

theprawncracker said:
Kermit chuckled lightly. "That must be why most of her doctor's recomend tweleve hours of sleep," Kermit said, but he was surprised when no one else laughed.

"Uh Kermit," Rowlf pointed to the door behind him.

He scrunched up his face. "She's standing right behind me isn't she?"

"HIYA!" was all Kermit heard before he felt his body fly out the open back door into a pile of snow.
I LOVE IT! And fifty other things like Gags Beasly and his old man is a rolling stone and insanity fair and recycling, hokay, and... <rambles on until smacked over head with science book> <starts studying> <shakes fist at danged finals stuff>

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 5: A Part of Childhood We'll Always Remember

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker came running backstage up to Kermit. "Mr. Kermit sir!" Bunsen called.

"Mee me me me mee!" Beaker followed behind him.

Kermit sighed, put his pen down and turned around. "Yes Dr. Honeydew?" he asked.

"Mr. Kermit, I have here the invention that will improve our show by ten fold!" Bunsen said.

"Mee mold!" Beaker nodded.

"Oh why that's great Dr. Honeydew!" Kermit said. Then he thought about it for a moment. "What is it?" he asked.

"Beaker if you would," Bunsen said. Beaker ran off and grabbed a small green leaved plant and ran back.

"Mee me!" he held it out to Bunsen.

Bunsen took it and showed it to Kermit. "Behold! The Muppet Labs Mistletoe!" he said.

Kermit opened his mouth but no words came out. "That's it?" Kermit asked. "Mistletoe? That's it?"

Bunsen nodded once firmly. "Yes! Fully mechanical mistletoe!" he handed it to Beaker.

Beaker grabbed it and one of the metal spikes on the leaf poked his finger. "Meep!" he screeched.

A group of rats walked behind Beaker carrying a ladder. Beaker turned around and saw a female rat at the end. "Me me!" he said. His eyeballs turned to hearts and he ran off after the rat.

Kermit sighed. "Thanks Dr. Honeydew, I'm sure we'll put it to, er, some sort of use," Kermit said.

Bunsen nodded. "Have no fear Mr. Kermit, I'll have Beaker hang it," Bunsen said. "That is, once he finishes chasing that rat," Bunsen scratched his head and walked off.

Kermit shook his head and picked up his pen again and continued writing. He coughed a couple of times, "good grief, you think Dr. Honeydew would invent a cough medicine," he sighed. "Gee, I wish I had some of mom's centipede and barley soup right about now," he sighed as his mind drifted back to the swamp.

"C'mon Kerm!" Croaker called.

"I'm coming Croaker! Would you wait up?" a younger version of Kermit ran after the blue frog. "You think the others are already there?"

Croaker stopped and turned around. "Of course they're already there! You've been talking to Jerry for hours! And we've been late for half an hour too!"

"Well Jerry's just a really interesting guy to talk to," Kermit said. "And besides, they won't get rid of all the soup before we get back will they?"

"They better not," Croaker said. "If they do I'm gonna make you swim to find your gift at the bottom of the lake!"

Kermit scrunched his face. "Oh good," he said sarcasticaly. "Well here's the swamp." the frog said as he and Croaker hopped down into the trees.

They walked up into a clearing. A large tree was in the middle, and lightning bugs were used as lights on the tree.

"Wow it's beautiful isn't it Croaker?" Kermit asked.

"Yeah she is," Croaker nodded as he stared at a frog with short brown hair.

Kermit elbowed him in the side. "Watch what you say about my sister Croaker," he said.

"Heh, you watch that, I'll watch what I say to her!" he ran off to the frog and started talking to the girl.

"Sheesh," Kermit sighed.

"Kermit!" Goggles ran up to him. "There you are! Your mom has been looking everywhere for you!"

Kermit turned and saw his mother hand a gift to his brother, "here you are Jimmy," she said calmly.

Kermit smiled. "Thanks Goggles," he said as he walked over to his mother. "Hi mom," he said.

"Kermit, it's about time, where have you been young frog?" she asked.

"I was in town talking to Jerry," Kermit smiled. "You don't mind do you?"

She shook her head. "No of course not Kermit, but you almost missed your gift," she handed him a wide wrapped gift. It was longer than him. "Merry Christmas Kermit."

He held it awkwardly. "Gee mom," Kermit said. "Thanks!"

She giggled. "Why are you thanking me already? You haven't opened it yet," she said.

He smiled and sat the package on the ground, a group of other frogs had gathered around and watched as Kermit tore off the paper. under the paper was a long white box. He removed the lid slowly, and inside was a banjo.

The frogs all gasped and chattered as Kermit removed the banjo from it's box. He held it tight and smiled. "Mom, it's beautiful! I love it!"

She nodded. "I thought you would, I've seen you practice with Wilson's banjo, now I know I haven't honestly heard you play yet, but how about a carol for us?" she asked her son.

He nodded. "Alright, but I'm not that great," he said.

"Pill bugs roasting on an open fire," Kermit sang.
"Mosquitoes nipping at your nose,
Yule tide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks are wearing warmer clothes."

"Everybody knows centipede and mistletoe," Kermit's mother sang.
"Help to make the season bright,
Tiny tadpoles with their eyes all a'glow,
Will find it hard to sleep tonight."

"They know that Santa's on his way," Goggles sang.
"He's loaded lots of toys and insects on his sleigh,"

"And every mother's child is gonna spy," Croaker continued with Kermit's sister at his side.
"To see if reindeer really know how to fly."

"And so I'm offering this simple phrase," Kermit sang.
"To frogs from one to ninety-two,
Although it's been said many times many ways,
Merry Christmas,"

"Merry Christmas," all the frogs harmonized.

"To you," Kermit finished.

Back at the theater Kermit looked at what he'd written down on the script. There he saw the song again. He shook his head and threw the paper away.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
THE BANJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Prawnie I hug you! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Mistletoe! Centipede and barley soup! Croaker! Jerry! Maggie! Jimmy! Kermit's mom! THE BANJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The carol! And he wrote the same song on the script! Prawnie this is so incredibly AWESOME! I hug you! ....I said that already, didn't I? Well, I hug you! Again! Oh my dear Jim in heaven, holy mosquitos, you so totally ROCK! <<<<<more hugs>>>>>

...<scans shelf for Kermit-sized teddy bear>...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
These last two chapters were fabulous! It's so cute and Christmasy I just love it! I especially loved Kermit's version of the Christmas Song! Keep it coming Ryan, it's really great!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
"No no go to de 'America's Next Model!' Hokay? Very sexy women on dat one
So you mean Kathy Greenwood's on that show? *bah-dum-bum-kissh!*
theprawncracker said:
Clifford sorted through the mail, "What the- Who here gets 'Victoria's Secret?'" Clifford asked.
Must be my dad.

Great work Prawnie! Sorry I forgot about it, but it was wonderful! Especially Robin and Kermit singing "Where are You Christmas?"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks Snowth, you know I feel if I can influence a few people a day to read a fan-fic, I sleep better at night. Speaking of which...Goodnight people!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 6: A Special Time of Caring

Dr. Teeth sat behind his keyboard. "Alright, let's get jammin' gang," he told the rest of the band.

Clifford, Kermit, Rowlf, and Scooter sat in the front row, while Sam Eagle sat right behind them, and Johnny Fiama and Sal Manilla sat near the middle. Clifford lowered his sunglasses and turned his head to Kermit. "You ready for this Kerm?" he asked.

Kermit gulped. "Ready as I'll ever be," he said. "Go ahead Scooter," he told the go-fer.

Scooter hopped up out of his seat holding a clipboard with an earpiece on his head. "Alright boss, now we have the Electric Mayhem with," he lifted a sheet of paper off his clipboard. "'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree,'" he said.

"Alright gang," Floyd said. "Hit it!"

"Rockin' around the Christmas tree,
At the Christmas party hop!" Dr. Teeth sang.

"Mistletoe hung where you can see," Floyd and Janice harmonized.
"Every couple tries to stop."

"You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear,
Voices singing 'let's be jolly,'" Dr. Teeth continued.

"Deck the halls with bows of holly!" Animal screamed.

Zoot and Lips played a saxophone and trumpet duet. Kermit grinned happily while Sam frowned sternly. "Wait'll you see the big finish," Clifford whispered.

Let the Christmas spirit ring.
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie,
And we'll do some carolling," the entire band sang.

"You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear," Floyd sang.
"Voices singing 'let's be jolly,'"

"Deck the halls bows of holly!" Jancie continued.

"Rockin around the Christmas tree,
Have a happy holiday,
Everyone's dancing merilly,
In the new old fashioned way," the band harmonized again.

They all played their instruments as duos of Muppets danced onto the stage.

"Lower the disco ball!" Scooter said into his earpiece.

"Finally!" Gonzo shouted.

Rizzo shook his head, "this should be interesting," he said.

He and five other rats let loose a rope that sent Gonzo down above the stage, he was wearing some sort of large round silver ball around his body.

"Lights!" Scooter said into the earpiece.

Crazy Harry stood up in the spotlight box. "LIGHTS!" he screeched as he powered on the spotlight and shone it on Gonzo.

He began to spin and the light was reflected off of him and he spun around like a disco ball.

Have a happy holiday," the band began singing again.
"Every one dancing merrilly in the new...Old...Fashioned...Way!!" they finished.

"HAP-PY HOLI-DAY!" Animal cried at the end of the song.

Kermit smiled widely. "Wow guys! That was really good!" he said.

Just then, the rope holding Gonzo snapped in half and he fell down through the stage, Mildred Huckstedder and George the Janitor waltzed their way right into the hole as well.

Johnny sat in his seat laughing with Sal. "Look at that Sal, no disco ball, but they got a goof ball alright," Johnny told the monkey.

Sal laughed. "Yeah and it looks like they're dancing the to the tune of 'O Holy Night!'"

Johnny stopped laughing and stared at Sal, he shook his head. "Some people," he sighed.

Sam Eagle stood up straight. "Kermit, I have seen enough of this tom-foolery!" he projected.

Kermit scrunched up his face and sighed. Rowlf stepped in, "I suppose you have an better idea Sam?" he asked.

Sam turned his head to Rowlf and glared. "Of course I do," he said. "Anything would be better than that!" he pointed up to the stage where Animal was chasing Annie Sue around the stage.

"WO-MAN! WO-MAN!" he chanted.

"Well Sam," Kermit said. "I guess if you think you can do better you can present us an act too, how long do you need to make a better act than that?" the frog asked.

Sam looked up at the stage again. "Give me five minutes," he said blankly.

Clifford and Rowlf laughed, Kermit sighed. "Alright Scooter, nix the Mayhem's act for now," he said.

"Right boss," Scooter said crossing something out on the clipboard.

"Aw frog," Dr. Teeth called down, over hearing the conversation. "I have to disagree with your little green self, I think that our act was dynamite!"

"DID SOMEBODY SAY DYNAMITE?!" Crazy Harry yelled from the spotlight box before an explosion was heard and all the lights in the theater turned off.

"Good grief," Kermit sighed.

"I'll fix the fuses," Clifford said.

"George dear it's rather dark down here," Mildred said from inside the hole.

"Heh, it makes you more beautiful!" George laughed.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
AWESOME, PRAWNIE, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the big ending, Gonzo as a disco ball, how awesome! And CRASHING through the stage! And George and Mildred! And Johnny and Sal! And SAM! Something better in five minutes. Ha! I've gotta see that! And CRAZY HARRY! And... did I miss anything? Probably.... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

MORE PLEASE! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I do believe that was my favorite chapter thus far! I have been so busy, that although I have been reading, I could not bring myself to review to anything, but I couldn't pass this up! The song was excelent, and Sam, and basicaly everything Lisa said... And Crazy Harry was great, and you described his screech perfectly! The whole thing was so perfect! Did I say that already?