It Looks Like Christmas...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I absolutely love the old specials. It gives me a fuzzy, happy feeling of nostalgia when I see them. It's almost a "Things have changed, but at least I can count on this to be the same" thing for me. And when you recall how you were living or feeling as a kid watching this, it can definitely spark some spirit back into into you.

But yeah, new things aren't unwelcome. Some TV shows will have specials, especially cartoons, but I haven't seen "stand alone" stuff in awhile :/

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And regardless specials some--Peanuts, for instance--are starting to further disappear. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't see how, every year, we see It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, A Charlie Brown Christmas, among others... and it's been that way for YEARS. It's a tradition. How can you say The Peanuts specials are disappearing when they're not?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, all I know is our local stations where I am only air the Christmas special now.
Your ABC affiliate doesn't air any of the Halloween or the Thanksgiving specials?

Pork

Reaction score
La la la...I'm feeling christmasy already. Just bean to the shops and there's tinsel everywhere. And all those weird singing animals...haha...I embaress my family by playing them all. It funny.

Pork

Reaction score
hehe yeah. I always get way ahead of myself thinking about Christmas. Although...sometimes my shopping is still last minute.

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah...I try to get my shopping done about then. But there is always some last minute thing to do. And I think that that busy last minute stuff is also part of Christmas. I can't remember a year without it. I kind of enjoy it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Peanuts specials are still shown, but they aren't as famous as before (though I definitely still occasionally see today's kids still liking them!).

To a certain extent I'm trying to ignore the Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff so it's not old too quickly. Still, it's getting harder to wait!

Skye

Reaction score
To a certain extent I'm trying to ignore the Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff so it's not old too quickly. Still, it's getting harder to wait!
Lol, I just watched a Christmas episode of Full House yesterday. I couldn't help it! I'll try to control myself now until it's a little later, though! :wink: