It Looks Like Christmas...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, I just watched a Christmas episode of Full House yesterday. I couldn't help it! I'll try to control myself now until it's a little later, though! :wink:
Oh I hear you, last July/August I duh out my Christmas songs from my Ipod, I couldn't help it!

Which episode btw, Skye?

Which reminds me, I can't wait for all the radio stations (including MC radio) to start playing Christmas music! It never gets old for me. And maybe I'll dig out my Sesame Street Christmas Sing Along album that Bob kindly signed last year. :wisdom:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh I hear you, last July/August I dug out my Christmas songs from my Ipod, I couldn't help it!

Which episode btw, Skye?

Which reminds me, I can't wait for all the radio stations (including MC radio) to start playing Christmas music! It never gets old for me. And maybe I'll dig out my Sesame Street Christmas Sing Along album that Bob kindly signed last year. :wisdom:
Lol, that's great!

It was the episode where Steve is accepted to college in Florida but DJ wants him to stay in California, so they get into a huge fight. Stephanie and Michelle learn "the true meaning of Christmas" (very sweet moment), and at the Tanner's Christmas party, they have three Santa Clauses, lol. One of those Santas being Steve, so he and DJ make up. And it also has the sweetest ending. It's one of those episodes that has always felt so magical to me. :smile:

Oh, I know! I can't wait to start playing my Christmas music and hearing it on the radio stations, either. *sigh* I love this time of year! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It was the episode where Steve is accepted to college in Florida but DJ wants him to stay in California, so they get into a huge fight. Stephanie and Michelle learn "the true meaning of Christmas" (very sweet moment), and at the Tanner's Christmas party, they have three Santa Clauses, lol. One of those Santas being Steve, so he and DJ make up. And it also has the sweetest ending. It's one of those episodes that has always felt so magical to me. :smile:
Oh right cool! Aw yeah I love whenever DJ and Steve make up, lol.

My favorite Full House Christmas was when they're stranded at the airport and all depressed and Uncle Jesse (used to love him lol) says, "What's the matter with you guys? First Christmas was in a stable, they did OK!" :wink:

A later one with Mickey Rooney was really sweet too. And I adore the Saved by the Bell special where they help the homeless family.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I haven' seen that episode in so long I almost completely forgot about it and I use to be so so obsessed with this show that I used to be so familiar with all the episodes. It's like you've sen every episodes a million times just during the original broadcast and all of a sudden I'm seeing all these episodes I don't remember and it's mostly many of he older episodes. too.:stick_out_tongue: But I used to love the little messages that TV shows used to do where the family and cast would gather around and with you a happy holiday season. Somtimes a little greeting card would open up and the care would be inside on the set, hehe!

Anyway, I have been seeing commercials for the new Elmo doll.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Anyway, I have been seeing commercials for the new Elmo doll.
I haven't seen those yet...but I did see something else on TV the other day.

I was flipping through the channels and saw one of those bumper ads for QVC. There, lo and behold, was Santa Claus. He was pitching some QVC "shows" coming up in the next day or so filled with Christmas stuff on sale: pre-decorated trees, fake fireplaces, the regulation ugly sweater someone has to get and then go exchange, Christmas fruitcake...

:smirk:

Oh, well. At any rate, I can't wait to see the Great Pumpkin on ABC (Halloween just isn't Halloween without Charlie Brown saying "I had a little trouble with the scissors")...and I have my DVD of Young Frankenstein ready to go. That's pretty much gonna be my Halloween. (No parties and stuff around here as far as I know).

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! QVC and the the shopping networks started their Christmas, Halloween and thanksgiving stuff all at the same time, lol!

I've always like the line, "I got a rock" myself.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Heh, I'm not a party person, either. If I'm not handing out candy, it'll just be me, a box of Halloween themed Oreos, and a lineup of TV specials and movies.

I'm starting to see displays for Christmas music. They're small right now, but they're there! Even if I bought one, it'd be at least a month before I even started listening to it. No point :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You could have knocked me over today! I walked into a Hallmark store I've been to many times, straight to where they normally keep the Halloween cards. And to my shock and awe...there were two shelves of Christmas cards! :excited:

Naturally I was like, "Well...where's Halloween?...Oh here it is!" In the display behind Christmas, completely out of view!

And what about Thanksgiving? Oh yes, it's given its own comparatively smaller display behind Halloween! (Thanksgiving is always getting the short end of the drumstick!) :wink:

What can I say! :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And regardless specials some--Peanuts, for instance--are starting to further disappear. :frown:

I'm agreeing with Snowth here... these specials are being distributed on television by ABC/Disney (all while Warners has the DVD distribution rights...as of last year), so you KNOW they're going to run them every year. They paid all that money, why not air them. And CBS still does Rudolph and both Frosties... now, it's the Garfield ones that completely disappeared from television... but all of them are available on DVD now (the holiday, and the random others).

It seems the production of newer ones has haulted to a certain extent. And when we get new ones, they seem rushed, forced, and just pointless. Though, I can remember a couple years back, UPN aired Fat Albert's Christmas for no reason.. and NBC also ran it the following year.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Sally says, "I haven't even finished eating all my Halloween candy!" Even as a little kid, my first thought was, "Wait, she never got any Halloween candy!" Lol