1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Fozzie Bear, Nov 21, 2003.

1. jediX

jediX Active Member

The Java Muppets danced to the Al Hirt tune "Java". The big one danced, and the little one came on and immitated him -- only to get kicked off. yada yada the little one blasts the big one. An early version of this skit is on the Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic DVD and it also appeared in TMS (they ARE on Kermitage, just not under "Java"). Try hoses or dancing hoses...

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

They may announce "Muppet Wizard Of Oz" soon - if they are planning those it'll likely bump some wave 10 figures to wave 11 and so on. I would guess the Vets Hospital stuff. Other than that, there are no new Muppet licenses to get really, they are pretty sure they can do stuff from the other shows and specials (VMC, JHH, MFC) with special permission. Gotta save something for 2005 I guess. If you meant Fraggle, can't see that happening myself.

3. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Agreed.

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I was the worst Boy Scout. Chopped a kid in the leg with an axe, had a bobcat in my tent, started a fight between scoutmasters on a 78 mile hike...

Anyway. I'm pumped for the Scoutmaster Kermit--at first I was just gonna get one Robin, but now I'll have to have at least 3 to have a little troop for Kermit to lead...even though I'll be doing it with more of a "Snoopy and his scouts" idea in mind than Robin and his frog scouts.

Some great stuff ahead. Can't wait. Oh yeah, we're just on Series 6 now, right?

:crazy:

5. jediX

jediX Active Member

Besides, if you don't like a figure you don't have to buy it -- and some of the convention figs are difficult to find anyway. Plus, the extras make buying some that I wouldn't have purchased elsewise TOTALLY worthwhile (IE, the Chef w/ the lobsters....totally worth the price -- love those lobsters).

I'm very psyched for the Java hose guys.... you made my dream come true there, Ken! Please don't drop them :)

siiiigh I remember building those Java hose dudes out of sculpey back in middle school.... lol

6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

OK, you know the drill...

1 You'll find those "Java Muppets" on www.kermitage.com all fright. Just try searching under the D entries, as they're listed by the name of "The Dancing Slinkies" and you'll get the desired info.
    2 As for the hard to get convention figures, that's what the Collector's Club's for.
    Hope this helps and have a pleasant morrow.

7. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

so many realizations...

Dude, this post has so many things on it, I dont know how I missed it thus far...

Realization #1: Resident Lilly is Ken Lilly of Palisades... Stupid me, I somehow got his name mixed up with Philip's and had him as Ken Chapman in my head. While I do not apologize for some of my earlier remarks towards Ken's arguments regarding some of my previous posts (I do not think they were really bad, nor were they aimed at him specifically, they just seem that much more stupid-er {I know that's not a word... Emphasis on stoopid} for arguing marketing strategies of Palisades with one of the guys, if not THE guy running the show) Anyway, all of my ideas/ criticism was in the best interests of this toy line, so please forgive any animosity, as it really does not exist from me, towards Palisades, or Ken.

Realization #2: This is simply the best line of toys I have ever had the good sense to collect. Thank you SO much Palisades for sticking to your guns as far as quality. Is there any way though, that you could postpone announcing the accessories until they are absolutely final??? I do enjoy the sneak peek, but I also look forward to seeing everything that is announced. While it does sound like you are releasing just about everything you promised, one way or the other, still... you get the idea... And kudos for including the avacado. Let's see if yours is as good as mine!!! Ill post pics of my original sculpts after Christmas, where I will recieve my digital camera, PRAISE THOR!!!

Realization #3: Whether these figures are postponed for other series or not, they have been announced, thus will be produced. That means, Lips, Frog Scout Kermit, Uncle Deadly, Vet Hospital and cast... The list continues. And repaints of Sal so I can justify more penguins as well... More monkeys can't be a bad thing!!!

Bottom line, this is a great line of toys, and I will collect all I can for as long as I can. Ken, if you guys get the line for 4 more years, I will still collect them. I don't know how many more figs there could possibly be, but as long as it's not collecting the Muppets intheir Elton John closing scene outfits, I'll be there. Actually, that's kinda a cool idea...

8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah and we need the female scoutmistress too now. I mean what good is scouting without a little TnA in adolescent boyhood. ;)

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I never had a scoutmistress. :concern:

Besides, if we're getting the blonde penguins, a little flipper's better than TnA anyday.

:halo: :halo: :halo:

10. BJC899

BJC899 Member

Oh, those are the java things.

Shucks...

I was working on a customs of those 2 guys. Only got one small one done. No time these days (better for some of you guys. ;))

I am excited how there going to put the texturing on those guys.

Also, everything sounds great. I didn't think Lips was going to be made, but I was wrong. The exclusives planned make me so excited.

Now back to watching Showtime at the Apollo...

:D

11. The Count

Uh, blonde penguin??? What are you (luke and Quinn) talking about?
    Thanks and have a good day.

12. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Sometimes it's best not to ask.

13. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I think they were referring to the possibility of Sal and the penguin being a repaint. :zany:

14. Irving Bizarre

Irving Bizarre New Member

The Java Mupets could have a repaint too. One versionpainted up like the early version from the Ed Sullivan show. White tube and red 'feet' and the larger one with a tuft of red fluff on it's 'head'. Then the normal version in pink and orange. large one orange tube and pink fluff and the small one pink with orange fluff. Interesting to note that the earlier version had no eyebrows and looks cobbled together while the later version look so much more polished in execution.
    If these are what is known as dancing slinkies then the description is a misnomer because they're made from flexible corrugated hose, like you get on air conditioners or large machinery that needs venting. So they aint slinkies at all.

But doing a repaint of the newer version in the old colour scheme would make a nice variant dontcha think? And if there's a third repaint then do them in black and white or yellow and green or something, Just to get a nice mix.

15. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Tux Fozzie, Pops, Nurse Piggy, Dr Bob and Vets Hospital playset,
    *Does Happy Dance*

By the way this may or may not be relevant, does anyone remember a picture of Piggy in a Tux, which would be a really kewl one to do.

Jamie

16. The Count

Yeah, I remember the picture of Tux Piggy posted over on the Palisades forums. Not sure, but I think it was originally made in Photoshop by Irving Bizarre, but I could be wrong on that one.

Oh, and though we may be excited for these lineups... we have to remember that these two lineups are in a state of flux and could always change dependant on the outcome of the fact that there could be a Muppets TV movie next year, which would bump out some of these figures for others based on that potential TV movie.
    Sorry to rain on all you guys' parades, but them's the facts as posted by Ken himself.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.

17. Luke

Luke Active Member

You mean you haven't heard about Darlene The Dancing Penguin ? She comes with a blonde wig, podium and Hooters t-shirt. I guess Palisades are still keeping that variant under wraps ! ;)

Seriously, if Sal does indeed get a threepaint, I would imagine each accessory/pack-in will get some kind of restyle/repaint just like with Johnny. Certainly with the Penguins there are lots of different looks they can be given so people will probably buy a lot for army building. Then as leader of the Penguins I will lead them forth to conquer the world ! Bwahahaha :o

18. The Count

Nope, haven't heard bout Darlene. Though I'd imagine she'd warm up any bird's ruffled feathers on a cold winter night.

Oh, and Luke, I'm sorry to say that you've already been beaten to the whole penguin army world domination scheme. Though maybe you could take some pointers from both Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot's attempts and those of Cronk the former chief accountant of Kaibba Corporation.
    Oh, and when I get to her, I'm gonna need your help on designing my female penguin humanoid Numborg.
    Thanks for settling that little penguin query and have a good day.

19. Hairfarmer

Hairfarmer New Member

Lips and Uncle Deadly?
    :crazy: :halo: WAAHOOOOO!!!! :halo: :crazy:

20. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I think you misunderstand me. I have no problem with themed variants. I have no problem with colorful versions of characters that stand out on the toy shelf. My problem is with variants that seem to exist solely for the purpose of perpetuating the line, rather than giving us figures that are true to the universe of the characters. This happened with the Ninja Turtles line -- at first it was just the regular Turtles, then it was Turtles with specific action accessories, then eventually it became "Here's Donatello dressed as Abraham Lincoln!" or "Here's Raphael dressed as Colonel Mustard!"

I love themed variants that are specific to a famous scene in a TV show or movie. I'd jump for a Kermit playing his banjo. (Yeah, I know they're doing a PVC of this, but I want a full-size figure.) I'd gladly shell out money for a playset featuring Piggy on her motorcycle from GMC. But instead we get "Vacation" and "Scout" figures that have nothing to do with anything.

I like the MTI figures, Koozebane Kermit, Super Scooter, etc. I even have no problem with Robotbuster Bunsen, now that I found out he's from an episode of Muppets Tonight. It's just those other figures that I have no use for. No one should take personal offense at my use of the word "useless"--I'm not aiming it at any person. That's just my personal opinion of a few figures in what has otherwise been a superb line.