It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

jediX

Reaction score
Well, Bean was in a TON of stuff post-JHH (MCC, MFS, MT) but as a background character -- which makes doing a figure of him and labeling it, say, "From Muppets Tonight" fine under license. The Palisades Muppet FAQ states that they currently don't own the JHH license -- http://palisadestoys.com/new/MUPPETS_SITE/MUPPET_FAQ.html. Also not in the license are Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, Little Muppet Monsters, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, ETC. Using Clifford is allowed under license because he was the main star of MT -- it doesn't matter where they originated from (he doesn't even have his JHH costume nor his bass/guitar when he played with Solid Foam). After all, Kermit didn't originate from TMS yet they have him him. Essentially, if a character appeared in a show/movie in the license they can use it -- with the exception of the Muppet Babies in MTM (I believe).

Chilly Down

Reaction score
OK, I hadn't seen the Pallisades FAQ before. So that rules JHH out. :sympathy: Wonder why, when they're doing Muppets Tonight, which wasn't exactly a roaring success either. Oh, well.

Interesting that they mention JHH is not included right off the bat, then mention SS, Fraggles and Muppet Babies. Then the FAQ goes on to include specific questions about "Will this line be expanded to include Fraggles/Sesame/Babies?" Each time, the answer is no...but there's no similar question about JHH. Maybe that one is still up in the air. (Of course, I'm probably reading too much into it.) :eek:

Of course MuppetVision 3D is not listed. Digit and Waldo are both in there (though Digit's in there only briefly). I wonder what chances there are of any of the merchandise featuring Digit? (I know, I know, slim to none. But I never thought I'd actually see a Marvin Suggs figure, either.)

Anyway, I'd sell my right arm for a Digit figure. Not my left arm, though. I have to write somehow. :wink:

jediX

Reaction score
Yea....why not market him under the name "Numeral" or "Binary" and say he is from MFS? :wink:

Kidding, obviously, but when the license comes up for renewal perhaps they will add it...which isn't likely. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing you guys are forgetting, is that though Palisades might not have licensing rights outright, Ken says that they're still trying to get the permission to include Muppet Babies figures as seen in TMTM and that they could probably get away with making the odd figure of either Bean Bunny or Digit from JHH owing to the line's success and Ken's relationship with JHC during the line's current lifespan.
Hope this helps and remember that this info is only provisional at best at this time.

caper

Reaction score
Awesome Series!!!

Finally, these are awesome figures!!! The doorman for the Muppet Show, Pops and the final member of the Electric Mayhem, Lips. They are all great. They should also have the sweater vest Gonzo from MTM.

scooter289

Reaction score
That is a really stellar lineup. Sal's coming with the Java Muppets, a Penguin and some Muppet Veggies that's so cool. So is Uncle Deadly coming with Yorick from Sam and Friends or the one from the Christopher Reeve episode? I'm may guess the one from the Muppet Show, but one can never be sure. Also there's Lips and Pops and others too. YAY MUPPETS! :wink:

Fozzie

Reaction score
This is great news! Yay, we finaly get a penguin!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I want to get Beau wen he comes out, but I also want to get a penguin and no Sal. What a shame they arn't doing the penguins with someone I want to buy...

And why are there SOOOOOO many Fozzies?

Thijs

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I want to get Beau wen he comes out, but I also want to get a penguin and no Sal. What a shame they arn't doing the penguins with someone I want to buy...

And why are there SOOOOOO many Fozzies?
It's the third Fozzie, and also the third Gonzo. We only have 2 Kermits, that's indeed a little weird. But, but, but....what a great line of characters! Tux Fozzie should be the weakest of the line, if he didn't came with Chucky! Oh man, Palisades listened to the fans again! Such obscure characters are the best. And although I never liked Uncle Deadly that much, those pack-ins sound fantastic. Pops is great, I hoped so much that he would come. Don't care much 'bout Lips, but it's cool he will be released. I'm beginning to like the MTI line, so a Gonzo/Rizzo two-pack makes me enthousiastic. Don't know what Sal has to do with penguins, but...I love pack-ins! Gonna buy all the Sal's. Strange that an obscure character like Janice comes in a playset, in stead of Piggy. Can't wait to see how it looks like, that playset. Those exclusives sound great too, especially the Kermit, Bunsen and Beaker. About the PVC's, nice that Lips is announced, but strange that he won't be a PVC too.

Concluding: I'm a happy man!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Oh, wow. I didn't read what the pack-ins were before. The Java Muppets? I never would have expected them in a million years. And YORRICK?!?!? Of all Muppets, Yorrick?? I'm not upset, just astounded. That's amazing! I'm a happy camper. (I do want it to be Yorrick from Sam and Friends.)

So the Scoutmaster Kermit and the Robot Buster Bunsen sound like the only useless figures in this collection. I'm thrilled about Fozzie and Chucky.

BTW, someone said we only have had 2 Kermits. In fact, we've had a lot of Kermits: naked Kermit, Kermit in Tux, Koosebane Reporter Kermit, Kermit as Abraham Smollet, and Scoutmaster Kermit. That's five, and then there's the repaints and exclusives: Holiday Kermit, Wedding Tux Kermit, and Tour Kermit. So I don't think we've been cheated on our Kermits. :smile:

Anyway, very much looking forward to the continuation of this line. Now if only Henson Productions would listen to the fans as much as Pallisades... :wink: