Jim Hensons Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
my thing is... IF they really wanted to put a stop to it they would have informend ebay to put a "stop to it". same with Disney with the "Song of the South" thing! I have a bootleg copy it, SotS i mean (disc art and cover art) off ebay here 2 years ago already! :smirk:

...but then again its JUST my own 2 cents! :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I agree with RavageFrackle, if you buy this you are basically disrespecting the family. I think it is kinda cruel,...

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
But this is the memorial service, not the actual funeral only viewed by a private gathering. That I would think is "ghoulish," but the memorial service was open to the public when it was held and I think if people want to view it now they should be able to do so.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
But this is the memorial service, not the actual funeral only viewed by a private gathering. That I would think is "ghoulish," but the memorial service was open to the public when it was held and I think if people want to view it now they should be able to do so.
I got my DVD n the mail lastnight (its a 2 disc)...yes it IS more of a memorial service, NOT the funeral.... it made me laugh and cry. parts that made me cry was Frank Oz and Big Bird singing "bein green" Herry singing "Do you know who I am" and when they played "Rainbow" on disc one and Frank telling about Jim talking a nude pic of him for christmas made me laugh! Disc 2 had its times with me but the end when ALL of the Muppeteers singing "Just one person"... i just balled!!! :cry: :smirk: also Michael Eisner and Daryl Hannah (Splash movie) is there too...that i seen anyways!

The dvd IS VERY tastfuly put togeather and i DONT care what anyone else says about... it was worth the $$$ to me.

but ya know? it REALLY hit me that... Jim is gone! :frown:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That was exactly how I felt when viewing it. Definitely $$$ well spent.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I actually agree with both sides. At first, I thought it a little bit disrespectfull if it was the funeral service and the whole 9 yards. but IMO, if they pulled it off in a tastefull way.. then why not? From what a mickey muppet has explained about it, it actually sounds like something I wouldn't mind watching.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
About people making a profit off of this... It's probably not easy to convert a vhs to dvd at home. I think they charge a profit to pay for their time and effort while working on this. Also, they're probably lots of people here who wish to veiw but couldn't due to them being unable to go to the place, or they were too young, or not even born(like myself). Puting this on DVD gives us a chance to veiw it for ourselves. If it was a private funeral, yeah it would be disrespectful. But if it was a public memorial service, then I think it's okay.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
But you could get it for free from traders! It's better to get it for free rather than to pay for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.