1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim Hensons Funeral

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Frogpuppeteer, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. KingLackland

KingLackland New Member

more of the same, I suppose.

As for profit, I know when I bought mine the auction started at 5 cents. A lot of these auctions are not starting at painfully high prices, but because we the fans want these items they are often growing to huge prices. Can we really blame people for profiting when we are the ones creating a profit. granted I got mine for $12 and considering it was a two disk set and I have no idea how much it costs to create,copy, and post these i don't feel that the guy made a huge profit.
    Illegal, yeah... Immoral, I wasn't sure at first. But I guess that's where we all are allowed to make our own personal judgement calls. I think the memorial service was a great way to get to know the man that has influenced my life so strongly. I was a child when Jim died, and I remember how upset I was for days. This is just part of my personal quest to learn as much as i can from a hero that can no longer share with me himself. In that, I feel justified. No one has to understand or agree with me I just wanted to put in my 0.02 cents.
  2. The Whatevers

The Whatevers New Member

I agree.

I saw the Popes funeral at my K Mart, I have no idea why that was there, nor did I know why any Australian would want it anyway? (I am Australian by the way :D )

As for Jim Henson's funeral I would like to own it, but as for buying it. I don't think so.
  3. monster maker

monster maker New Member

I would also like to see it, Jim meant so much to so many people, this is like the next best thing to being there
    Does anyone know where i can get a copy?
  4. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

They are literally all over eBay.

I just saw this thing again. Frank Oz's speech completely tramautized me all over again when he started crying. I mean, he seemed absolutely fine, almost giddy, and then BOOM. Richard Hunt tramautized me too, being in this weird kind of automatic pilot mode as if he took some kind of speech class and was going through the motions, a bit robotically. But the Muppet Medley part was awesome. And the Harry Belafonte too. Definitely worth it.
  5. GonzoIsland

GonzoIsland New Member

the 'bay

I know there are two on ebay right now. I think they are listed as
    The Jim Henson Funeral / Memorial
    there is some good stuff on the 'bay these days.
    enjoy, I know I love mine
  6. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Me. If my fan fiction (see link in signature) is anything to go by, I think I have a decent sense of the tone of Muppet entertainment. I do know that "Kermit's Swamp Years" was one of the worst productions I've ever seen, bar none, and that the quality of writing has gone down and goes for more lowbrow, obvious humor rather than the multi-layered, broad and subtle humor of the glory years. They need someone who can take up the reins of Jerry Juhl. Would that that someone could be me.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  7. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I think some sort of Jim Henson funded organization should sell the more rare clips, like the funeral and a collection of interviews. Allthe proceeds going to a charity or something. Isn't that what Jim Henson's Lewgacy is? (the foundation with the same name, not the actual legacy) :)
  8. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

There is an interview on TMTM DVD.:) :D :sympathy: Are there any clips that I can find anywhere?
  9. Muppet Matt

I just won it on ebay!!! :excited: I can't wait to see it! (Sorry for the double posting):o

EDIT: Why aren't you aloud to double post?
  10. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

y would you want to put something like that on ebay? sicknin...
  11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
  12. Muppet Matt

Because besides Kermiclown's store, (I thought I could get it cheeper on ebay, but it ended up being around $20), it's the only place you can get it. Why do some of people on here think ebay is bad?
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It's mistreating the Henson family, if they dont want it on the public, and someone starts selling it thats just plain wrong. I got my copy for free and I think people should just give them out for free, instead of paying for a funeral.
  14. Muppet Matt

How did you get it free? It was open to the public, there were over 5000 people at the funeral service. There couldn't hav been that many family members. Right?;)
  15. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Some people at the JHC have received copies and were told not to give it out to the public. And I am not telling you how I got my copy for free, sorry.
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I agree. I also suggest that people check out What a Way to Go: Fabulous Funerals of the Famous and Infamous , which describes Jim's memorial, if they are interested in the memorial and cannot get information in any other way.
  17. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

glad to see im not the only one who thinks it is more than a little disturbing and direspectful to buy and sell the tape on ebay .
  18. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Listen, we already discussed this and I think we came to the conclussion that we'd agree to disagree since no one wants to change their opinions. One of the reasons people sell this is probably for the cost of putting it on dvd and vhs.
  19. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It doesn't cost much to burn a dvd!!!!!

I mean, if it did, then traders would be having people to pay for the dvd's instead of trading them for another dvd!

No matter what its just wrong to sell a funeral. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  20. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

This is never going to end.:concern: :attitude:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.