Jim Hensons Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLackland

Reaction score
more for sale

hey gang was just surfing ebay and saw there was another of these online.

ronhallau

Reaction score
I just bought it
One question though, will I need tissues? I cry at a drop of a hat
I cried when Big Bird said goodbye to Snuffy in Follow That Bird, 21 years later I still get teased over that by my mother

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
At times you'll need tissues. Other times you'll be smiling. It is a very touching tribute that you'l enjoy.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Er, you'll definitely need tissues. I didn't cry when I saw it, except when I saw the clip of Big Bird singing it's not easy being green. But I got really, really close when Frank Oz started crying after his speech. And when Louise sang. And when Dave sang I'm Going To Go Back There Someday. But that's about it. I cried in the aftermath, though. So all I can say is good luck. :wink:

ronhallau

Reaction score
if Jim wanted his funeral to be public and televised it is ok but if he didn't that's the problem I am having

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I don't think he minded it being televised. He did say he wanted a small service, maybe a few songs, but they made clear at the funeral that that DEFINITELY did not happen. The only thing keeping DVD viewers from going was age or location. So basically I think he's cool with it.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I guess we really don't know what Jim Henson's wishes were. I believe it was a public service though (I could be wrong) and not a private memorial so that might give us an idea of his wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.