1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Just because I like to stir things up a bit, I present to you... Survey Madness!

Discussion in 'Games' started by EmmyMik, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl New Member

We don't really have one, although people often use the Maori word for NZ which is Aoteroa!!

Try saying that one:)
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm already there, my friend!!

Cory is right, the best guns are the ones at the arcade. I LOVE that House of Evil Dead or whatever it is called. A pal of mine and I went through the entire game once, it was SO cool, and only on 2 dollars! But the whole gun thing reminds me of America's nicknames: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, House-of-Drop-n-Cover!! :D

Amy, driving here isn't that bad, just keep the doors locked. Well, I take that back: Driving in America isn't necessarliy bad, but driving in Memphis, TN, downright STINKS!!! :rolleyes:

F:DZ
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

Probably doesn't help that you guys drive on the wrong sida the road! :) :p
  4. Fozzie Bear

Only reason you can get away with that is that your country was occupied long before our's was. :p
  5. anathema

anathema Active Member

If memory serves, in your case we were the ones doing the occupying. :p

Still, it's not your fault - the steering wheel's on the wrong side of the car, too! ;)
  6. Fozzie Bear

Not for postmen. The steering wheel is on the passenger side of the vehicles, but they do drive on the right side of the road.

My folks came from Norway through France and England, and then over to America.

And I think one of them was eaten by a bear, but don't quote me on that.
  7. anathema

anathema Active Member

Yeah, we get a few vehicles designed like that, too. Driving position for the majority of UK locomotives is also on the left, due to the signals being on the left side of the track.

Something I've always been curious about: the (admittedly few) American cars I've been in all seem to have the gearshift on the steering column - is this, like, the 'standard' position for it or have I just been in the wrong sorts of car? :)
  8. Fozzie Bear

Depends on the car you're in. Most have it there in older models for automatic vehicles, some in modern vehicles have them there as well, but my car (for example) is an automatic but has the gear shift situated between the seats. My friend's truck has the shift for his automatic vehicle on the steering wheel shaft.

I guess for some to shift gears they just get the shaft, huh?

(Sorry, cheap shot at a dumb joke).
  9. anathema

anathema Active Member

S'interesting! All European cars have it between the seats, which is probably more convenient when it's a manual shift (as most vehicles are).
  10. Fozzie Bear

S'marvelous! Yup, it's about the same either way you look at it. Heck, if you're dislexci then driving here or there would seem the same, too.
  11. Boober_Baby

Boober_Baby New Member

I smoke and I still hate it when people ask me that. Especially people you've never met before, like random people on the street.

But anyway, how did you quit? And was it hard? I really, really wanna quit, but I think it's too hard.

^_^ Debo
  12. anathema

anathema Active Member

I always get kinda freaked when I'm the passenger in a left-hand drive car - I'm sitting in the front seat, door to my right, gear shift to my left, and this gaping space where the rest of the controls should be! :eek: And the driver kept banging his left hand against his door every time he reached for the gearshift that wasn't there... :)
  13. Fozzie Bear

I was riding in a truck with a friend of mine who had a centralized gear-shift sticking out of the floor-board of the vehicle. It was like 4 of us there, so I ended up sitting by him. He reached down and shifted the wrong gear, put I paid him for it later! LOL!!!

Another dumb joke. Sorry.

I would probably get all mixed up there.
  14. anathema

anathema Active Member

I'm pretty certain I shouldn't try driving on the right, given my method of driving!
  15. Fozzie Bear

Sounds like you'd fit right in with Memphis drivers!! :)
  16. anathema

anathema Active Member

No, no, it's not like that! I drive by instinct, without needing to think about it. Putting me in a car where all the controls are in the 'wrong' places, and where I have to deal with driving on the 'wrong' side of the road is asking for trouble!
    :D
  17. Fozzie Bear

That's what I SAID!! LOL!! :D

"Sounds like you'd fit right in with Memphis drivers!!"

See?

I would swear sometimes people just appear on the roads just long enough to irritate me and make me worry. They act like you just described, too. They also sometimes act like they don't know where they're going which, if you were driving here right now, I bet you would not know where you were going.

So, when I come stay with you over there, you'll have to let me drive your car. Being a puppeteer and watching myself on tv, I CAN think backwards--well, backwards to ME.

After all, haven't you ever seen any of my jokes?
  18. anathema

anathema Active Member

Oh, is that what they were? :p

I know exactly what I'm doing and where I'm going. There's a world of difference between not needing to think, and not bothering! My driving technique works well, and gives me more time to yell at the idiots you describe. :) To be fair, were I to drive in your home town, I'd not know where I was going, but that's only 'cos I've neither been there nor seen a map...I wouldn't be driving like I didn't know where I was going, though! :)

But there's more to driving in a foreign country than just knowing which side of the car the controls are...India's pretty scary for all that they drive on the left (mostly), and Indonesia has to be seen to be believed!

As for driving my car, well, I'd have to check my insurance...not sure whether they specifically mention bears... ;)
  19. Fozzie Bear

Be sure to tell them I'm licensed. Remember: "I took a correspondence course."

And it wasn't a Sally Struthers course either, so it's good!!
  20. anathema

anathema Active Member

I wonder if it'll bring my premiums down...? For some reason, adding my father to the policy cut it by £40 this year...despite the fact he lives 200 miles away and has driven my car, like, twice! Weird...