Just because I like to stir things up a bit, I present to you... Survey Madness!

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
We don't really have one, although people often use the Maori word for NZ which is Aoteroa!!

Try saying that one:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
That is a horrible situation. Glad you got through it, Kev. And thanks for the tips, very helpful. You're a guy I'd definitely want in my corner. :smile:
I'm already there, my friend!!

Cory is right, the best guns are the ones at the arcade. I LOVE that House of Evil Dead or whatever it is called. A pal of mine and I went through the entire game once, it was SO cool, and only on 2 dollars! But the whole gun thing reminds me of America's nicknames: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, House-of-Drop-n-Cover!! :big_grin:

Amy, driving here isn't that bad, just keep the doors locked. Well, I take that back: Driving in America isn't necessarliy bad, but driving in Memphis, TN, downright STINKS!!! :rolleyes:

F:big_grin:Z

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Driving in America isn't necessarliy bad, but driving in Memphis, TN, downright STINKS!!! :rolleyes:

F:big_grin:Z
Probably doesn't help that you guys drive on the wrong sida the road! :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
Probably doesn't help that you guys drive on the wrong sida the road! :smile: :stick_out_tongue:
Only reason you can get away with that is that your country was occupied long before our's was. :stick_out_tongue:

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Only reason you can get away with that is that your country was occupied long before our's was. :stick_out_tongue:
If memory serves, in your case we were the ones doing the occupying. :stick_out_tongue:

Still, it's not your fault - the steering wheel's on the wrong side of the car, too! :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If memory serves, in your case we were the ones doing the occupying. :stick_out_tongue: Still, it's not your fault - the steering wheel's on the wrong side of the car, too! :wink:
Not for postmen. The steering wheel is on the passenger side of the vehicles, but they do drive on the right side of the road.

My folks came from Norway through France and England, and then over to America.

And I think one of them was eaten by a bear, but don't quote me on that.

anathema

Reaction score
Yeah, we get a few vehicles designed like that, too. Driving position for the majority of UK locomotives is also on the left, due to the signals being on the left side of the track.

Something I've always been curious about: the (admittedly few) American cars I've been in all seem to have the gearshift on the steering column - is this, like, the 'standard' position for it or have I just been in the wrong sorts of car? :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Depends on the car you're in. Most have it there in older models for automatic vehicles, some in modern vehicles have them there as well, but my car (for example) is an automatic but has the gear shift situated between the seats. My friend's truck has the shift for his automatic vehicle on the steering wheel shaft.

I guess for some to shift gears they just get the shaft, huh?

(Sorry, cheap shot at a dumb joke).

anathema

Reaction score
S'interesting! All European cars have it between the seats, which is probably more convenient when it's a manual shift (as most vehicles are).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
S'interesting! All European cars have it between the seats, which is probably more convenient when it's a manual shift (as most vehicles are).
S'marvelous! Yup, it's about the same either way you look at it. Heck, if you're dislexci then driving here or there would seem the same, too.