Kermit and Steve Whitmire in London

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Hi Guys, Hi Warrick and James.

Well, here is my description of the events on Sunday meeting Kermit and Steve in London. Firstly, I live 160 miles from London, so was up at 6am, on the road at 7am and got to London at 9.15. Made my way to meet Warrick and James at Embankment at 10.30. Seeing Steve outside when we arrived at HMS President, was a great surprise, it was great to see him and he was equally pleased that Muppet fans had gone to see him and that we spoke. He was very easy to talk to and always tried to answer questions. I asked him his thoughts on the new Kermit Replica, he said he was surprised it was being made but so far hadnt seen any pics, but had heard it looked good. He was surprised at the retail price, especially knowing what the 'real' Kermit costs.
After a short while he had to go back on the boat but assured us he would be back and he would have Kermit with him.

A short while later they returned, Kermit was being carried in a clear plastic bag, no expensive carry case, just a plastic bag. It was overwhelming when Kermit was first took out and I seen him for the first time. A photographer took pics for the Childline Disney promo, then we were able to get pics taken with Kermit and Steve,

Me with Kermit............
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/KermitMeEdit1.jpg

Steve and Kermit between pics........
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/MeetingKermit007.jpg

Kermit and Steve posing for the camera.....
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/MeetingKermit026.jpg

I also got Steve and Kermit to autograph some Kermit photos and I got 'Kermit The Frog' autograhed on my Messenger bag from Disneystore.
I also asked what was happening with Kermits 50th Tour?? Basically fingers crossed it may continue!!
And as Warrick said above Steve agreed with The One Muppet One Voice campaign.

For me this was something I wanted to do for many years. It really was a dream come true.
It was a great to meet with Warrick again..................its been about 10 years and to meet James.
Of course many many thanks to Steve Whitmire and the crew for allowing us to chat and take pics and of course to Kermit!!

Chris
very cool! i enjoyed thos pics... great stuff man! Yeah... nice to know Disney may continue with Kermit's 50th thing! :smile:

muppetloving

Reaction score
Well when i heard that Kermit was going to be at the marathon on the radio, i didn't know what to think, firstly i thought disney would not use the original performer but i decided to go along. Let me just say, that meeting Steve and kermit has changed my life, i was struck but how to down to earth and wonderfully warm Steve is, he made me feel like i had known him all my life - i was truely taken aback by the talent of his work and in the few minutes that i meet him, i was truely struck by how special he was. I will never forget how nice he was. I was honoured to have his autograph and to take some photos with him - wow all i can say is i am amazed by him. With the muppet tour, is it coming to london?

puppetise

Reaction score
why wont they come to australia they for got about us but lookks looke you had fun

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
MuppetLoving? When where you there?

Im sure that Me, Chris and James were there the whole time that Steve and Kermit were there, Other than when they left at the end of the evening.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I would guess that Muppetloving was the guy that waited until they finished filming the spot for Blue Peter, stood waiting with another guy, I presume your Father? We stood right next to each other.

Shame we didnt properly meet.

Chris

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Great story, Warrick!! Glad you got to see Mr. Whitmire. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met and even though normally don't see him for years at a time, he makes me feel like we've been in touch regularly and always makes me feel welcome and takes time to chat no matter how busy he gets. Good man. Love the pictures!!

muppetloving

Reaction score
just me

Hey Chris,

Yup i am the guy who waited for them to finish filming i didn't want to interupt anything - i was there earlier but the disney people said kermie/ Steve hadn't arrived and to come back at three but from behind i got to see what Steve was doing. It was a shame we didn't meet properly - i thought all you guys were based in the usa and at first i thought that seeing it was disney they wouldn't have used the original performer. Overall it was a great day and i would have to say when i saw the magic of this - i will never ever forget how wonderful Steve was. If he comes here again - i will be sure to meet up with you guys. I wish he had a website for a way to say thank you for being so wonderful. The muppets are very special to me and i hold them dearly in my heart - so do you think we will have a tour stopping in london. I would like to post a picture of me and Steve - but i am clueless.

Anthony aka muppetloving

life's like a movie you write your own ending keep believing keep pretending ....

muppetperson

Reaction score
puppetise said:
why wont they come to australia they for got about us but lookks looke you had fun
I work at a Convention Center on the Gold Coast and was trying to organise an Australian stop over from when he was going to get as far as Hong Kong,so the air fare wouldnt be as expensive, but Debbie at Muppets Holding Company never returned my calls and Hong Kong Disneyland knew nothing of Kermit's visit!

muppetloving

Reaction score
here i am with steve :smile: -

h**p://web.mac.com/lollerskates/iWeb/Site%202/---.html

replace the stars with t - not allowed to post urls as i am a newbie

peace, :flirt:

Ant. :sympathy: