1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Kermit and Steve Whitmire in London

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by BlueFrackle, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Mr Humbug

Mr Humbug Member

I am so jealous! I had no idea there were so many Brit Muppet fans around here. I am not alone :)

Kermit of Blue Peter, joy!

2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Ant, Yes we were just beside you when you were talking to Steve. The person with you was complimenting Steve on performing Statler, I think? He said he loved the two old guys.

Mr Humbug, Where in London are you? Do you collect also?

3. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for sharing, guys. It's neat to think that our favorite muppeteers are so available and friendly, but it's also nice when they get to interact with such personable and sensible fans. (I am SO green with envy that you had your picture taken with Kermit.) *Sigh*

4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Couldnt view your link.What is inbetween 202/ and .html?Just tell me only what is missing because if you start again from the begining it will get abreviated again.

5. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Man, you're so LUCKY!!!:) Getting to talk to Steve and all. That's amazing! I guess he does look on MC once in a while. Did you ask him if he's a member? Mr. Whitmire if your reading this, keep up the good work! We all love it!

6. Mr Humbug

Mr Humbug Member

I'm afraid I'm based oop north in Newcastle, no Muppeteers would dare venture up here:D

7. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Ant (muppetloving),

Nice to see another fan went to meet Kermit. Shame we didnt get chance to speak. Are you a collector as well as a fan?

Maybe next time.

Chris

8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Here ya go. the "---" stays just how it is.

http://web.mac.com/lollerskates/iWeb/Site 2/---.html

:)

9. muppetperson

Thanks, KermieBaby47.Interesting photo presentation/layout, Muppetloving!

10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Well in 1989, Hensons made a TV series with Tyne Television called 'The Ghost Of Faffner Hall. - Several fairly notable Muppeteers performed on the programme. (well 3 of them had been TMS puppeteers - and two of those members of The Eight).

Also, here's a teaser for you. From the 10 to 15 February 1997, the muppeteer who performed the title role in GoFH, was appearing on the stage of Theatre Royal Newcastle in a Chekov play.

11. Mr Humbug

Mr Humbug Member

Thanks for that info mate. If only I wasnt two years old at the time:o

12. laddie flump

laddie flump New Member

I was there....sort of

That's really freaky..... I don't get on this forum very often, but was just reading these threads about the UK.

I was on holiday in Newcastle in 1989 with my parents, and we stayed in a very posh hotel (I'll ask my dad the name, if you need to know!) and one morning at breakfast..... Jim Henson was there at a table just a few metres away. We could never work out why he would be in Newcastle.... but I guess that programme is why.

I was only 15 at the time (I'm now 32) and so was too shy and scared to say anthing to him.................. which of course I completely regret now

13. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I am so freakin' jealous. Youse' guys are so lucky, but I'm still really excited for the 4 of you!!!

The link's not workin' this way either, Anthony; invalid account or somethin'. :sympathy:

14. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Ack! It worked the other day! Hmm. Maybe he only put it up temporarily?

Ah, oh well. Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony

15. muppetloving

muppetloving New Member

ola peoples

Ola peoples- ah my account with .mac ran out as my subscription expired. I have put the new page up. This one has different background picture - it has a picture of miss piggy who was just in selfridges' shop window.

h**p://web.mac.com/kiwisarefalling/iWeb/Site%202/---.html

peace to all,

Anthony

16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Thanks muppetloving, great pic, and now I hate you too! ;) Anyhoo', here's a direct link. And thanks for sharing.

17. muppetperson

Wow, I never heard anything about Miss Piggy being in Selfrides shop window.I only heard of the Collette Paris Window display.So Selfridges was just recently?What was she promoting?Can you post the photo again as a main picture?Thanks.

18. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Anthony,

When was Miss Piggy in selfriges window?? Is this a recent thing, is she still there now??

I met Kermit now I NEED to see Piggy!!

Chris

19. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, I am also sooo jealous; it seems all the cool things happen in London, LOL! I'm glad all the stories about how personable the muppeteers are are true!
    Melissa, how exactly do you know Steve, if you don't mind me asking?

20. muppetloving

muppetloving New Member

piggy in the window

vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=33603&date=&sid=

web.mac.com/kiwisarefalling/iWeb/Site%202/---.html

Hey Kermie! Hope all is good, the link above is miss piggy in the shop window in selfridges. She was premoting the Muppets Wizard of Oz movie. I also copied the images to my site. Not sure if she is still in the window tho.

peace,

Anthony.