1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Kermit and Steve Whitmire in London

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by BlueFrackle, Apr 23, 2006.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Hey Vic, youre the expert, Can you link it for us, please?

2. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I first came into contact with Steve back in 1992 I believe it was on the old Prodigy internet service on their puppetry bulletin boards they had back then. That's also how I first started corresponding with the late great Jerry Juhl and Craig Shemin. I eventually met Steve for the first time when he invited me to the set of Muppet Treasure Island in 1995 since I was going to be in London anyway as part of my graduation gift from high school. I've since seen him a couple of times: once during my Henson college internship in 1999, and in 2002 when he was here in NYC for the unveiling of the Macy's Christmas windows performing Kermit.

3. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Does anyone have an address for Steve? If you do could you please PM me?

4. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Not quite Newcastle, but not far away. Some of you may be interested to know that Louise Gold made her musical theatre debut in Sunderland in the autumn of 1974, in a production of Hair.....

5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh! I am soo jealous! I spend several monthes off MC and this happens!

It's great to hear that you had such a great experience BlueFrackle! And got to meet up with MC members! One day, when I am coming London direction, we should meet up.

See ya around!
    Beau

6. Mr Humbug

Mr Humbug Member

There really should be a UK Muppet Fan meet up, even if just an informal social event I'm sure it would be great fun.

7. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

omg! you are so lucky! i would've loved to be you! grr... o well. there will be others i guess... :)

8. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

9. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Thanks Chris. Much appreciated.

J

10. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

11. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

It all sounds great, I wish I had been in London at the time. If only it was in September I would have got to see kermit and steve too.
    I'm still hoping to see Louise Gold when I come to London though.

And that idea of a meetup sounds great. I would love to meet some muppet fans if I was in London at the time. I tried to meet up with some people last time I was in London but it never happened.

:)

12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Great picture, he's wearing his trench coat and everything.

13. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hey Guys

Muppets.com has finally updated there ''Kermits travels'' section and it now includes 4 pictures of Kermit in London, at the marathon, on the London Eye, in a red phone box, and in front of tower bridge ( although this one looks a bit imposed?).

Nice to see it updated though.

www.muppets.com

Chris