Kermit and Steve Whitmire in London

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey Vic, youre the expert, Can you link it for us, please?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Wow, I am also sooo jealous; it seems all the cool things happen in London, LOL! I'm glad all the stories about how personable the muppeteers are are true!
Melissa, how exactly do you know Steve, if you don't mind me asking?
Hi,
I first came into contact with Steve back in 1992 I believe it was on the old Prodigy internet service on their puppetry bulletin boards they had back then. That's also how I first started corresponding with the late great Jerry Juhl and Craig Shemin. I eventually met Steve for the first time when he invited me to the set of Muppet Treasure Island in 1995 since I was going to be in London anyway as part of my graduation gift from high school. I've since seen him a couple of times: once during my Henson college internship in 1999, and in 2002 when he was here in NYC for the unveiling of the Macy's Christmas windows performing Kermit.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Does anyone have an address for Steve? If you do could you please PM me?

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Mr Humbug said:
I'm afraid I'm based oop north in Newcastle, no Muppeteers would dare venture up here:big_grin:
Not quite Newcastle, but not far away. Some of you may be interested to know that Louise Gold made her musical theatre debut in Sunderland in the autumn of 1974, in a production of Hair.....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! I am soo jealous! I spend several monthes off MC and this happens!

It's great to hear that you had such a great experience Warrick! And got to meet up with MC members! One day, when I am coming London direction, we should meet up.

See ya around!
Beau

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
There really should be a UK Muppet Fan meet up, even if just an informal social event I'm sure it would be great fun.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
omg! you are so lucky! i would've loved to be you! grr... o well. there will be others i guess... :smile: