Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With Sony Wonder going under earlier this year, Sesame Street music has found a new home at Koch Records. The good news is new Sesame Street CD's are on the way.

KOCH Signs New Audio Deal With Legendary Children's Property Sesame Street

KOCH Records is thrilled to announce a new licensing deal with Sesame Workshop, the non profit educational organization, for its "Sesame Street" audio titles in the U.S. and Canada.

Under this long-term deal, KOCH Records will be releasing audio titles from "Sesame Street's" celebrated catalog along with new CD titles. With perennial classics like "Rubber Duckie," "The People In Your Neighborhood," "Bein' Green," and new favorites like "Elmo's Song," no other children's audio catalog has meant more to so many generations.

KOCH Records President Bob Frank states, "We are honored that the 'Sesame Street' team has chosen KOCH Records to be its partner. This deal solidifies our position as the #1 Independent in children's music."

"What struck us most is KOCH's passion for the 'Sesame Street' brand and the Workshop overall," added Scott Chambers, Vice President of Publishing, Home Video and Audio for Sesame Workshop. He continued, "KOCH has shown an innovative and creative approach to marketing their children's releases and we're thrilled to have such a partner on board for the re-launch of our 'Sesame Street' audio titles." Now in its 38th season, "Sesame Street," is the longest running pre-school children's show. Produced by Sesame Workshop, the series' music has won critical acclaim since the show began. Ernie's "Rubber Duckie" song made #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1970, and "Sesame Street" has won 11 Grammy Awards, most recently for 2001 release "Elmo and the Orchestra." "Sesame Street" has won a total of 117 Emmys, more than any other program in the history of the Emmy competition, including the Emmy for Outstanding Pre-School Series. "Sesame Street" has won this category for 13 years in a row, winning it every year since the category was created.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is great news. I wonder if any character "best of" releases will come first.

RyGuy

Reaction score
we really need new Sesame Street CD's. This generation has never seen an SS CD before they're so used to DVD's and books . There realy hasn't been an all-new songs Sesame audio collection since vinyl records here we go with new SS cd's I think instead of doing best-of compliations should come later in the Koch years .

The reason being that since there is a plethora of material from the actual show proper that have never seen the light of day, SW should release a boxed set of all -unleased songs simillar to "Songs From The Street" called "The Sesame Street TV Music Box " that could featue twenty songs from each decade of the programs history . Here is my idea for the layout

disc one could feature 20 unrelased songs from the 70's

Disc two should follow the same formula as disc one but this time do it with songs from the 80's

Ditto for the 90's and 200's that would be a great "let's-refersh-memories and catch-up "idea before they usher in any all-new material discs .

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to hear something new with all the characters singing or even older unreleased LP version's of stuff from the 70's and 80's stuff. I would buy something no matter what but if it's the same songs i've had before i won't buy it. Now if it's a mix i'll proubly buy it. But here's hoping.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe there could be a collection of songs from the most recent seasons, maybe called Sesame Street Today. It could have The First Time Me Eat Cookie, Because We're Friends, In My Book, Sleep! A Cookie is a Sometimes Food, Oscar's version of Bein' Green, and others.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd really love to see a balance of newer CD's for kids featuring new songs and new characters (Some stuff with Abby is inevitable) and some classic out of print LP's (of course they're out of print. LP's haven't been made outside of DJ scratching disks for years) reissued on CD with previously unreleased tracks remastered.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This would make a good CD: Sesame Street From 1969-2007 (or whenever such a set is released).

Disc 1: 1969-1979
  • Sesame Street Theme
  • Chickety Chick
  • Everyone Likes Ice Cream
  • Rubber Duckie
  • Feeling Groovy
  • Jazz Numbers (remastered)
  • Everyone Makes Mistakes
  • Mad
  • Being a Pig
  • La, La, La
  • Bein' Green (with Lena Horne)
  • The Ballad of Casey McPhee
  • The Song of the Count
  • Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet
  • Fat Cat
  • A Song From Kermit
  • The Fisherman Song
  • Nobody
  • Admiral Bird
  • Pinball Number Count (remix)

Disc 2: 1979-1989
  • Born to Add
  • Believe in Yourself
  • My Pollywog Ways
  • That Grouchy Face
  • Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco
  • Wheels on my Feet
  • Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange)
  • Me Gotta Be Blue
  • Cocanut Counting Man
  • Bayou Alphabet
  • You're Alive
  • The Word is No!
  • Bert's Blanket
  • They Can't Take That Away From Me
  • Proud to be a Cow
  • Imagine That
  • One Fine Face
  • Two Heads Are Better Than One
  • Up and Down Opera
  • Plants Can Grow High
  • Oscar's Junk Band

Disc 3: 1989-1999
  • Monster in the Mirror
  • Get Along
  • This Song is for the Birds
  • Air
  • Adventure
  • That's the Letter O
  • Elmo's Song
  • Let's Lay an Egg
  • Take a Rest
  • Things That I Remember
  • Just Throw It My Way
  • Somebody Come and Play (with Ernie)
  • Heavy and Light
  • Imagination
  • Feista
  • Slimey to the Moon
  • You Tickle Me
  • The People in Your Neighborhood

Disc 4: 1999-2007
  • A New Way to Walk
  • Opposites
  • Monkeys Under My Bed
  • Sing (version from the last of the hurricane episodes)
  • The First Time Me Eat Cookie
  • A Cookie is a Sometimes Food
  • Sleep!
  • Because We're Friends
  • Don't Know Y
  • My Triangle (assuming that Atlantic Records doesn't have a problem with this "You're Beautiful" parody being on an album:stick_out_tongue: )
  • Bein' Green (with Oscar)
  • The Street We Live On
  • What's the Name of That Song? (version from the DVD of the same name)
  • Elmo's Alphabet Rap
  • In My Book
  • Healthy Food
  • Closing Theme

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice list, but I'd do without the celebrity songs (especially the covers. Give us the original versions). 2 reasons why. Firstly, they'd pretty much permiate the release and secondly, they'd help push the price up to pay for their appearances. Bonus reason three: a lot of the celeb appearances past 1997 seem pretty self indulgent, and they aren't really that memorable.

But other than that, a decade by decade release is a great idea.

matleo

Reaction score
You know I just made the connection that this is the same company that just released the Fraggle compilation. That shows that they are somewhat collector friendly.

--Matt

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'd love to see the old SS LPs get remastered and rereleased before any of the newer stuff.

BJ