Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to see the old SS LPs get remastered and rereleased before any of the newer stuff.
Me too. I wonder if they'd release them similar to the Fraggle set. Maybe 3 of the oldest records in a set. I'd love them to release rare disks one by one, with bonus tracks or something.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I realise that it might be bad to have too many celebrity appearances on a CD. However, I had trouble thinking of songs from the last decade which didn't include celebrities. It seems like celebrities dominate the new songs.

I wanted that wishlist to include as many unreleased (on albums) songs as possible. However, most of the songs from the first decade have been released on albums. Very few of the first season song covers have been released commercially, but it might be bad to have a CD release of all song covers, especialy since most song covers were performed by anythign muppets, occassionally assisted by the human cast, and rarely sung by any familiar characters.

Of course, there haven't been very many Sesame Street audio releases since 1997, so a lot of songs from the last 10 years haven't been released in any audio-only format. There also aren't very many albums featuring Steve Whitmire as Ernie.

I wonder if Koch Records will ever consider releasing a Sesame Street album with completely new content. Nothing from the show, just new songs, or new performances of older songs performed by different characters.

I think it would also be good if Koch Records could release a two-CD set featuring The Sesame Street Book and Recdord and Sesame Street 2. I wodner if Koch would add any additional tracks (perhaps to include Elmo and Abby Cadabby). It would be good if "Hello" was added on such a release. That track was only released on the b-side of an early Sesame Street single (I think the single for the theme song). Muppet Wiki has a transcript of that track (if this ever gets released on a new album I guess the transcript page would get deleted, or changed to just describe what it is).

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
There is so much great stuff from the early years of SS, a lot of which hasn't been available for years. When some of the original albums were released on CD in the 90s tracks were moved around and replaced with more modern versions. A Sesame Street Christmas is a classic example. I'd love to have the original Christmas album on CD without Elmo and Hoots dubbed in.
I wonder if they could release a compilation of all the original singles and b-sides from the 60s and 70s? Also, I'd love to get all the Joe Raposo stuff on CD.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Ooh, plus, how about some of Bip Bippadotta's tracks? Always liked that character (I think I enjoyed Jim Henson performed characters more than anyone elses).

RyGuy

Reaction score
I have a unique idea for a Sesame Street CD or set of cd's How about the Sesame Street gang trying a " tribute " CD to a childern's entertainer E.G . Sesame Sings Raffi. That is an idea that surprisingly hasn't been done before .

dinoboy

Reaction score
After watching the Old School Vol 1, I really enjoyed the music of the Madrical Alphabet, and the Mad Painter #4. Any chance that those songs are available on CD?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I have a unique idea for a Sesame Street CD or set of cd's How about the Sesame Street gang trying a " tribute " CD to a childern's entertainer E.G . Sesame Sings Raffi. That is an idea that surprisingly hasn't been done before .
Wow, that's a really good idea. If I could choose, I'd have them do Fred Penner rather than Raffi, he scared me a bit.

RyGuy

Reaction score
How about a CD of the Sesame Gang singing classicWalt Disney songs. I do not mean recent Disney songs but the songs from the Actual Walt Disney movies here would be a cool list of examples:

Melody Time- Bob

When you Wish Upon A star -Big Bird and The Count ( the count could cout the stars

Little April Shower-Elmo

Someday My Prince Will Come Prarie Dawn

Fun With Music - The compay

Unbirthday Song Oscar

Balllad Of Davy Crockett - Noel Cowheard

Give a Little Whistle - Bert and Ernie
I think the Sesame gang should cover these song sbecause , turthfully, there's a generation that "missed out " on these songs and this would be a Sesame Street CD that parents would not mind hearing over and over .

It would also be a welcome break from the "pop-culture" and "trends " that Disney is known for . If this were made, it would give this generation of children an album with these songs on it .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cute stuff, but I'd rather see classic albums rereleased in small sets (ala the Fraggle set they produced).

Now, did any news come out of this yet? I've noticed the Sony Wonder CD's all have been pulled from the store shelves, and only the Wb produced Follow that Bird soundtrack and In harmony are currently available.