Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Koch is starting with these albums because these are the best selling Sesame albums (so it would be silly not to have them out there). They have the songs that most casual Sesame fans would want and/or expect to be able to find (the "classics"). And they are a great starting point for any consumer to enter the world of Sesame music (and thus a great starting point for the album producer).

Koch is planning on releasing more albums - both re-releases of classics and newly created albums too. However they have to start somewhere and this is the most logical starting point. And if you don't have these albums I highly recommend them all - they are (in my opinion) four of the absolute best Sesame music collections.

Remember that the major target market of these releases weren't even born when the albums were first released, so I wouldn't expect a lot of them to already have them. However I have been told that more albums (old and new) are in the works - so collectors that already have these four should be getting more to enjoy in the near future as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Koch is starting with these albums because these are the best selling Sesame albums (so it would be silly not to have them out there). They have the songs that most casual Sesame fans would want and/or expect to be able to find (the "classics"). And they are a great starting point for any consumer to enter the world of Sesame music (and thus a great starting point for the album producer).

Koch is planning on releasing more albums - both re-releases of classics and newly created albums too. However they have to start somewhere and this is the most logical starting point. And if you don't have these albums I highly recommend them all - they are (in my opinion) four of the absolute best Sesame music collections.
AH! Indeed this is a sneakily brillaint idea that got by most of us. If they intend to release old classics, then I have nothing further to object to. In fact, the Alphabet one I've been meaning to get.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get a CD of Elmopalooza, since I had a Sony Wonder cassette...

BJ

MJTaylor

Reaction score

Remember that the major target market of these releases weren't even born when the albums were first released, so I wouldn't expect a lot of them to already have them. However I have been told that more albums (old and new) are in the works - so collectors that already have these four should be getting more to enjoy in the near future as well.
I already have two of the albums mentioned - Platnum All Time Favorites and Sing The Alphabet. I plan to get the other two sometime in the future and can't wait to see what other Sesame Street titles Koch plans to release in the future.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder what their future plans for releases are. I have been meaning to get these CD's (well, maybe not the Best of Elmo) however. The booklets are a neat idea, but I wish they'd have came with Posters or something as well.

Oh, and if the rerelease Sesame Road and Born to Add (which I don't mind, since I have both anyway) They had better keep the original artwork.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Greg!
:smile: But I must ask, just exactly how "classic" are these albums? Some of the songs are good, but I don't know if I'll be buying the albums. Then again, I haven't bought the two I wanted from the first batch yet...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ooh! Awesome that "Hot! Hot! Hot! Dance Songs" has the "Clucky Clucky Chicken" on it I was actually just singing hat not to long ago:sing: .

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks again Greg. I'm not for sure if i want to buy them since i have all the songs anyways. I have them all on my computer and i have the cassette version too.

Now i do like the new cover for the Elmo album. The old one has him in a biker's jacket. But i don't know. I would only be buying the Elmo one just because of the cover and i don't want that.

When it saysing booklet with Lyrics i'm saying "What?" All the ones that've have come out have a lyrics booklet with them. Is there anything differnt from the other lyric booklet or what?