Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Here's hoping for the original Sesame albums released on CD. There has been some great stuff that has never been released since the early days.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well isn't that ashame. It's all 90's release of ones that i already have. I knew it knew it knew it! I knew they were going to start with ones that some of us have. Now i understand i wouldn't mind getting these but it's going to be more of stuff i already have. If there's something that i see when theses come out that is not the same as the other releases then i might pick them up.

I think Sesame WorkShop needs to start coming out with an "Old School Sesame Street" release of older albums. I'm not trying to be rude but i understand when you want something or really hoping for something. You really are hoping.

I think one of us here needs to make another one of those petitions for an old School Sesame Street album releases. Then we might get it here. If it can work for The Fraggles it can work for Sesame Street too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, at least I know why all the albums are out of Print and gone from store shelves... But very, very disappointing. Not only are they rereleases, but rereleases of the most common albums SS had. Are they really planning on sales to be that good if these are the same albums I've seen all too many times sitting on the shelves?

I'm not impressed with the (frankly) ugly artwork either. It's a real shame they couldn't dig deeper into SW's vaults like they did with the Fraggles (even though they were rereleases as well, they were all long out of print). I really hope they get the message tt we would all rather see classic albums remastered, and remarketed. Lost hits and all that.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Agreed, it's too bad they're not releasing anything "new." But at least the ones they are releasing are pretty good selections from the past CD releases. If they add "Bert and Ernie's Greatest hits" into the mix, along with maybe "Platinum too," then you've got a pretty good selection for the average fan. But yes, as die-hard Sesame music fans, it makes you want to say, "You guys could do so much more!" :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I don't mind that most of the songs on these albums will be fairly common to hard core fans. These CDs are meant for the general public who don't have much, not for major fans who always want more, hehe.

But I agree that they shouldn't be afraid to publish some of the older albums, instead of painting themselves into a corner with the Elmo thing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
And i myself don't mind them re-relasing any of these albums for people who didn't get them the first time they came out but i wouldn't mind some older albums like;

At Home With Bert and Ernie (Even tho i have it in mp3 format)
The First Sesame Street Book and Record Album (and that one too)

I could go on and on but i won't. I wouldn't mind seeing them release older albums but knowing them they would try and mess up the cover or make it more Elmo-versions or something. They might even try to cut older character like they did with the Christmas album Sony did.

But maybe we'll get some type of Sesame Street old School Album released without stuff being cut or re-edited.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
These new albums are aimed directly at the modern day Sesame viewer I think. Here's hoping they don't leave out us older fans of the "classic" era.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems to me that they're pretty much re-releasing stuff Sony wonder was releasing before it was disbanded. Basically nothing more than continuing a license. I find it disappointing they don't even have any new stuff either.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I thought i read that they are going to be coming out with some new stuff for CDs too? Or did that just imagine that?