1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Little things we've noticed

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by minor muppetz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Moss usually only provided vocals to a song he actually wrote for.

2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Ever notice that most Muppet monsters like Cookie Monster, Herry, Grover, and Elmo wear pajamas in nighttime songs or skits, but during the day they don't wear clothing? I realized this while watching LittleJerry92's upload of "Good Morning" with Herry Monster.

Two things about the "Mystery Guest: X" sketch...first, the announcer says who the mystery guest is, but how come the panel members (Cookie Monster, Don Music, and Sherlock Hemlock) can't hear him? To make things even more frustrating, the panel never finds out who the mystery guest is! Instead, the show ends with them going through the EXIT door, with the answer being right over their heads. I've realized that this skit lacks closure, and that bothers me.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  3. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I know that he sung the bass part on "High Middle Low," but I honestly can't remember any of his vocal contributions after 1974.

4. LittleJerry92

To be fair, he was kind of whispering it when he says it. And also, the X kind of rushed to get back on the sign and the trio were in a bit of a rush to get out in the end.

5. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

In an earlier skit "What's My Part," the announcer says the same thing along the lines of: "Our mystery guest is a NOSE!" And even then Bennett Snerf, Arlene Frantic, and Cookie Monster didn't figure it out. At least the panel found out at the end, with that brilliant reaction: "A NOSE?! What's a nose?" It is so amusing how clueless Muppets can be. It still cracks me up to this day.

6. LittleJerry92

Okay so this is one thing that's kinda bugged me a little but not alot.

The guitarist in the Moo Wave has a very manly appearance.... Yet has very small eye lashes.

Maybe he's supposed to be another gender neutral character?

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I would venture to guess that the character was probably a butch. In addition to the eyelashes, you can also see the character is also wearing some kind of sparkling hair accessory.

I know big hair was the thing for much of the 80s, but as longer hair on men was eventually becoming trendier, conversely, wasn't shorter hair on women doing the same?

8. LittleJerry92

Has anyone noticed how whenever a character faints, no one around seems to care?

No one is like "Oh my gosh! They fainted! Somebody call 911!"

Okay, it's just Muppet humor of course. I felt like poking fun at it. :p

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  9. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've also noticed that whenever they faint, there's always a slide whistle sound effect.

10. LittleJerry92

Weeeeeow. Plop.

11. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Very true! One memorable exception is the skit in which Ernie gives Bert a doctor's checkup. When Bert faints at the end, Ernie says, "Is there a doctor in the house?" with some measure of concern.

On the other hand, in the Grover the waiter sketches, it's clear that Grover doesn't really care if/when Mr. Johnson faints.

12. LittleJerry92

He's probably just used to seeing it at this point.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  13. LittleJerry92

You know what I noticed in the skits with Harvey Kneeslapper and the Jim Henson blue guy (sans the I skit)?

After Harvey runs off laughing, most of the blue guy's groans sounds like "I'm going to get you for this!", But in the D skit, it sounds more like "ugh, here we go again." I wonder if he was just expecting the worst to happen. :search:

14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, they are in New York, so...

15. LittleJerry92

Mmm. Fair point.

Say, I wonder what happened to the two Lefty's, their bosses and Benny, now that you mention it. :search:

16. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Well, one Lefty got ten days in the can for stealing a golden AN...sooooo...

EDIT: And maybe his boss got twenty days in the can for robbing a man of his frying pan and his electric fan.

Dunno what happened to Benny, Lefty #2, and their boss though.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    LittleJerry92 likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

Has anyone ever noticed in part 1 of the Grover "walk" skit, when the Monotones "help" out Grover with the letters, they all act tired but Big Jeffy is the only one who actually looks, well.... Tired?

On two other notes, I noticed Jerry's dashki is on backwards and Richard has Jeff's boned necklace, interestingly enough.

18. Pig's Laundry

Froggy Fool likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

For a few years in the 2000s, Big Bird's name wasn't on his mailbox.

20. Pig's Laundry

Something I just realized, and most of you probably knew this already but, Follow That Bird had to have been Marty P. Robinson's first performance as Telly, as it was filmed in between seasons 16 and 17 and Brian Muehl left the show after the 16th season.

LittleJerry92 likes this.