Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Channeling the Frog". Very nice. Very cool.

It was a wonderful book. You did very well with it. Some of the pig jokes I found quite entertaining... still too many of them, but I did enjoy quite a few. :wink:

(we all miss his "wicked whimsy")

And it's nice to see you post here on Muppet Central! Welcome-welcome!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
(we all miss his "wicked whimsy")
Indeed, :wink:

I liked this part of the book, "I turned to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, who suggests the Muppet Labs Send-In-the-Clones 3000. It's fun, efficient, and easy to operate. Just ask Beaker. And Beaker. And Beaker (etc.)" :eek:

And also, "Life is great. But without the bad times, we wouldn't know the difference."

We could all use some self help!

Beauregard

Reaction score
BearWithMe said:
And yes you are right, there are too many pig jokes. (One loses track, then one regrets. Promise it won't happen again.)
That said...can there be too many Pig jokes? *giggles*

But seriously, even if there were one or two more, I think you captured the essence of their relationship perfectly.

I know most of the fanfic writers on this board really well - and we are all ushy-gushy re Pig and Frog - but we loved the relationship portrayed in the book. You can tell he cares for her...unless we were reading too much into it in our Ushy-Gushy way...*ahem*

Anyway, it's fab to see you on MC, and your user-name makes me smile.

Bea:zany:{"...won't happen again..." Does this mean that a book will happen again?}regard

theprawncracker

Reaction score
BearWithMe said:
Yeah, I ghosted it, though I prefer to think of it as channelling the frog. And yes you are right, there are too many pig jokes. (One loses track, then one regrets. Promise it won't happen again.) And my sincere apologies for omitting Richard. It was an inexplicable oversight. I still miss his wicked whimsy. That said, thanks for all the good words. Hope lots more to come.
Oh my gosh! It's an honor Mr. Lewis! I thought the book was amazing, and such a wonderful piece of Muppet history, you channeled it so well, I really thought I was reading Kermit. A very very profound and moving piece of work. Thank you for writing it and I hope to see more from you in the near future.

Peace,
Ryan
Prawnie
theprawncracker

BearWithMe

Reaction score
Aw shucks. I've been coming here for years, just never had the nerve to write. And remember, I'm just a fan who found himself sitting next to Jerry Juhl one day saying "I got plenty of set-ups, you got any punchlines?"...As for more books, it's not for me to say, but I hope so.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I'm already on page 129, and YES! lolsee i did get the book for christmas! :crazy: btw nice to have u here Mr. Lewis, a VERY nice read! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Mr. Lewis, I love and envy you in some strange combination at the same time. Man, if I could have your shoes I'd be in heaven. It's my dream to write for the Muppets some day and this book inspired me more and more! And I do hope that you get the go ahead to write more books, I'd buy every single one! Happy New Year to you Mr. Lewis!

Ryan
Prawnie
theprawncracker

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Mr. Lewis... i have ONE more question for ya :big_grin: ... why wasn't "kermits Swamp Years" or "Muppets from Space" movies menchoned in the book? is it somthin Disney didnt want, as from the looks of it, they (Disney/MHC) made Gonzo back into a "WhatEver" again (wich i'm glad anyways, NEVER really liked the idea of him as an alien :sympathy: but i did like the movie) But i did see that Croker's name did show up in the NEW book tho! :smirk:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I second Prawnie 100 percent. And I have to say that there are so many little things I love about the book... I'm fond of Fridays with Fozzie, for example. The thank you's at the beginning are also wonderful. I adore every mention of Robin... Okay, so I'm biased there, but still...

I must say though, my two favorite parts of the book are at the very beginning and the very end. Goodness knows the stuff in the middle is awesome too, but my two favorite parts...

"For Jim Henson, who first held me up for the world to see. And for the lovers, the dreamers, and you." I knew right then that I would not be able to stop squeeing when I read it, and that whoever wrote it (That would be you, Mr. Lewis) did a fantastic job and deserved a whole lot of praise.

"Hi there! This is the end of the book. You can put it down now. Thanks. Kermit the Frog." There's something about it that's just so... So perfect and Kermity and happy and simple and GREAT!

I honestly smile every time I open the book, no matter what page I open it to. So, thank you, Mr. Lewis, for writing the book and for doing such an amazing job.

Lisa
Toga
TogetherAgain

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This is my absolute favorite part in the entire book. I cried when I read it, and I almost cry just thinking of it.

"I truly believe that because of Jim and his dreams, the world really is a better place- not just for me but for all of us.
No matter what happens in my life, Jim will always be the biggest part of what I do and who I am. And I know that in my heart he'll live forever. Thanks, Jim. I miss you and I love you."​

Amen, Kermit.