1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Beauregard, Sep 11, 2006.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

well i gusse if you think in the long run wverything will be wonerfull i do to yea you have boosted me up thanks i needed that i was feeling kind of down today. you seem to be somone anyone of us could talk to aout anything. i think we muppet fans need someone like that i mean we are really the best fans on earth
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Statler: Didja hear that, Waldorf? He says he thinks things will work out in the end for the Muppets.

Waldorf: Oh, no! And we were still waiting for the end OF the Muppets!

... But, seriously, though, there of us on here who have kept that same optomistic outlook on the future of the Muppets. Thinks might look kind of bleak occasionally, but I'm sure there's plenty to look forward too. Who knows? Maybe the Fraggle Rock Movie will get things going for another theatrical Muppet movie? ;) ;)
  3. dwayne1115

well im hopeful i just wanted to know what somone on the inside thought
  4. MuppetCrazy

MuppetCrazy Member

5. dwayne1115

ok here is a qustion for anyone. the book was great and i thought it was very creative. witch brings me to somthing that has been on my mind is creativtiy dyingor is it already dead? So many of the worlds greatest creative people have passed on, and i just wonder if they taght enough people and gave many people the chance to be creative. there are so many remakes and things that are so origanal that it almost is sicking.
  6. Telly

Telly Active Member

My friends chuckle at me when I tell them I'm going to model my life after Kermit's views....be more optimistic. :)
  7. dwayne1115

thats nothing funny at all i think all the world shold have alittle kermit in them for the lovers the dreams and you. itreally waht it is all about.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

In the section of the book where Kermit talks about the movies, he keeps talking about the titles. He mentions titles that each Muppet wanted The Muppet Movie to have, then says that The Great Muppet Caper was going to be titled The Muppet Movie II untill roman numerals were in short supply, and then he says that The Muppets Take Manhattan was going to be titled The Muppets Take a Trip to Manhattan untill the marquee hangers union complained. I have been wondering if that original title mentioned for The Muppets Take Manhattan was really the original title or if it was just made up for the book. I've seen a Muppet Show Fan Club article that referred to The Great Muppet Caper as The Muppet Movie II before it became GMC, and I am assuming that those suggested titles for The Muppet Movie are just jokes used in the book, but I am wondering about that title for MTM.
  9. BearWithMe

BearWithMe New Member

made 'em up

Those movie titles were made up. As for MM II; that may be true, at least as a working title. I wasn't around when Caper was made. I'm curious and will try to find out.
  10. minor muppetz

To Jim Lewis:

I was recently wondering, have you thought about starting a thread in the Henson People section for fans to ask you specific questions about the productions that you have written? I know that performer Terry Angus has a page like that. Perhaps you could start an "As Jim Lewis"-like page, for questions that we have, and you can make rules regarding what's asked (for the Terry Angus question thread, I think that only up to ten questions are allowed to be asked before he answers them). The thread could be there, for those who have questions for you, and you can answer them when you have the time to answer them, or when you feel like it.
  11. BearWithMe

BearWithMe New Member

To Minor Muppetz

That's a fine idea. How do I do it?
    Jim L
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I believe you need one more post (to get to 10) before you can post a new Thread. Then I would head to the Henson People section of the forum. And click, "New Thread." - It's not too difficult.
  13. minor muppetz

I thought that I was able to start my own threads before ten posts when I first join. Have the rules changed since July 2005?
  14. dwayne1115

if you dont want to start one yourself just say the word and i know one of us would love to start one and help you keep up with it. Kind of be the middle man from us to you. Just a thought if you want me or anyone else just let us know. my other e-mail is dwayne1312@yahoo.com we could work something out because i know with all the "happenings" that may or may not be going on you might be kind of busy.
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again...my favorite chapter was the one about Fozzie and Kermit's relationship. Not enough has been directly said about them before this book and it's nice to get deeper into their friendship. It is a true friendship and it was interesting when Kermit said that Fozzie is the heart of the Muppets because I really believe that now. Also, great quote: "A best friend is someone who makes you laugh, even when the jokes aren't funny." Brilliant and true!
  16. froggiegirl18

froggiegirl18 New Member

I just wanted to reinterate what everyone else is saying..I love this book too..it definately catches the essence of Kermit. It was a fun book to also read in the car on the way to my grandmother's. My boyfriend is now reading it and he likes it too. Its just a great book. You did a wonderful job. Hmm I wonder what the Muppeteers think..do they enjoy these books as much as we do?
  17. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Okay, so my friend told me about this book (he saw at Barnes & Noble) and I went and bought it...and I LOVED IT! I finished the whole thing in two days (or 1 and a quarter).:)

I'd type more, but I'm tired and at a loss of words :p

-Mr. Writer's-Block-Penguin:zany:
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

If you've found this thread, you are probably a fan of Jim Lewis, so I recomend taking a look at these threads also:

Jim Lewis Interview

And, Ask Jim Lewis

They are a wealth of information on Jim Lewis, Muppet characters, recent events, and the Jim Henson Company in general.