Look what Hollywood is remaking next!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I'm almost afraid of hearing about a UHF remake with Jack Black.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Why is it that Hollywood has to remake stuff?? I guess they don't have to many ideas left.

ryan

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think there have always been a whole lot of movies that aren't that original or creative--we just don't tend to remember them. The ones that really stand the test of time are the classics that we hold up as standards. If a lot of modern movies come up short, it's because we haven't remembered all of the cash-ins and retreads from previous decades--they don't get the TCM showings or the special edition dvds. I think there will always be some strong, creative, original films, as well as a bunch of other stuff.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Never! :eek:

Now, if Weird Al himself wanted to make another movie, I'd be first in line (even if it was just two hours of Weird Al doing origami).

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I think there have always been a whole lot of movies that aren't that original or creative--we just don't tend to remember them. The ones that really stand the test of time are the classics that we hold up as standards. If a lot of modern movies come up short, it's because we haven't remembered all of the cash-ins and retreads from previous decades--they don't get the TCM showings or the special edition dvds. I think there will always be some strong, creative, original films, as well as a bunch of other stuff.
I agree, if you look at history there have always been remakes. From "The Ten Commandments" to "King Kong" to "Ben-Hur" those movies are often seen as classics but were actually remakes. Eventually some creative force creates something new or gives something a fresh spin. Afterall, the "Lord of the Rings" films had been done before, albeit in animation. An earlier poster was irritated about Tim Burton remaking "Willie Wonka." Well technically a lot of his films have been remakes or a new spin on popular things. From "Batman" to "Planet of the Apes" and even "Sleepy Hollow." While there will always be run-of-the-mill movies, there will also be films that set themselves apart from the pack.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Johnboy said:
" The Last Unicorn" in live-action and CGI effects.
I don't see this so much as a remake than another interpretation. After all, there have been three film versions of Collodi's Pinnochio - Disney's, the one with Jonathan Taylor Thomas and the latest one from a couple years ago with Roberto Beginini (and, if you want to count it, Drew Carey's made-for-TV movie Geppeto). Three different films, but they all told the same story. The same with the live action/CGI version of TLU - retelling Peter S. Beagle's story, but it will probably differ from some way from the animated version.

And if you want to put another spin on it, the Muppets are guilty of doing "remakes" of their own. After all, there were at least two film versions of A Christmas Carol that had already been done before MCC came out.

-Kim

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
don't say scary things like that, someone might take you seriously and do it!

who would ruin the best movie of all time, anyway?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Transformers, they all sound like awful, mindless, pointless ideas.

A live action Japanese cartoon with american actors? Well... I heard they were planning a Lupin the 3rd... but what the frik's the point. Rerelease them.,.. they'll make much more money that way.

And you have to be pretty desperate to remake, of all things... Porky's....

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Hey, imdb has updated the cast list for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The kid who is playing Charlie was in Brian Henson's "Jack".