1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MC Community: Where is it going?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by theprawncracker, Sep 17, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, the thing is that John loved music more than his image, it seemed. The same could be said for us: We love The Muppets and don't really care if others scoff at us for it, because we'll be fans, regardless.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I wonder if Muppet-haters are also the same people who are afraid of clowns?

You know, I met a girl who was terrified of Muley, and she said she hates anything like that: Pinocchio, Muppets, Costumed characters...that's weird to me. I'm only afraid of snakes and pain!
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It's not weird to me, that was my childhood! I cried during an entire Chuckie Cheese party (not kidding, the whole time)! I'm amazed I was a Muppet fan, but somehow I made it through!
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I do have a photo of me 1 year old at Disney World and I was quite nervous of the Sherrif of Knottingham from Robin Hood walk-around! I'm in his arms, looking back at the teeth in his mouth, and leaning as far away as I can! HA HA!

Chuck E. Cheese was awesome. Then, one day, they forgot to do maintenance. It was horrible--all this loose fur material hanging over robotic arms and other animatronic pieces. As cool as it was for them to let it fall apart. That was disappointing, and looking back on it now who's to say they didn't have Terminator robots in there watching us, memorizing our faces to come after us and take back all the pizza we ate?

HELP! I'm scared!
  5. heralde

Yeah see exactly!

You know maybe the people responsible for all the creepy costumed and mechanical creatures also made all those scary PBS logos! Hmm
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Clowns are creepy. But this comes from a guy who thinks Batman's Joker is just a misunderstood pale Casanova with keen purply fashion sense. :D
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But ShowBiz Pizza Place and Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Time Threatre are classic pizza places. Heck, they were Pizza Planet before that even existed!
  8. heralde

I swear, that Sesame Street sketch with the clown taking his makeup off, I used to hide my head every time, the grownups thought I was crazy! Though the clown phobia didn't last long for me for some reason.
  9. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Clowns depend on the clown. Walk-arounds are creepy. I distinctly remember going to Disney World in first grade and being petrified of Ratcliffe. <Shudder> But why that one lady I know refuses to acknowledge the dog-like-ish puppet-thing (alright, alright, it's a head with no body or neck or anything, I'm no puppet maker) on my hand, I'll never know... Though I did once know a guy who didn't like puppets because he was creeped out about the puppeteers. Whereas we form obsessive fan clubs for the Muppeteers... :shifty:

And... I have blocked out my very few memories of Chuck E. Cheese. I sleep better at night that way. :p
  10. heralde

Funny how despite the continued freaked out reaction of kids, they just keep churning this stuff out!
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yep. Heck, I only visit CEC for the nostaglic factor and for the games.
  12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

That purple furry monster from CeC was very scary. The only Muppets to ever scare me as a kid were Statler after the vend-a-face punched him in the mouth and the old lady who wrestled Kermit. I had an illustrated book that had the latter sketch in it, and I was scared of her in the illustrated medium as well.
  13. heralde

Ooooooh yeah I can see that, lol. :boo:

Btw you can see Richard in the Vend-A-Face's reflection at the beginning. Guess that went unnoticed, but so much the better for fans! ;)
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Odd. I found Munch adorable in his own way, honesty.
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*takes one of those hook thingies used in stage shows and drags the topic back on topic*

I really don't think this forum is going anywhere bad, really I don't :)
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Me either. It's only going up, IMHO.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

*Whew! Glad to know I am not the only person who thinks this way! :p *Shutters at the thought:eek:*
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

So you put window frames up at thoughts? Odd. XD
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

No I didn't. I just find the old PBS logs a bit creepy and scary.:eek:
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I know, but shutters are window frames, you know. There's a difference between them and shuddering, which is being freaked by something, usually.