MIA: Hubert

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not really; without Hubert's permission, they can't really do that.
Exactly. That's why I chose not to go hunting for Hubert, since it's truly an invasion of privacy. I just wanted to make sure he's doing OK, and if anyone does have contact with Hubert, they should tell him his friends at MC are missing him.

Hope he's doing OK.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Confirmation that Hubert IS still alive and everything... apparently, he may slip out of his hermitage, if only to ban a troll that's crashed in over at the Elwood City Central forum that we can't get rid of (he's already been banned from the Arthur Wiki, frm what I understand).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Then we'll have to just be waiting there, ready to catch him and bring him back here. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Elwood City Central is pretty much falling apart now; Hubert NEEDS to come back soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well now, much of the Elwood City Central community is putting a request to the server to have the entire forum shut down altogether since Hubert isn't there to take care of things: there's a troll over there who won't go away (though admittedly, a lot of the others are feeding him, thus giving him a reason to stick around), but aside from that, nobody's really doing much of anything over there anymore, and since we can't appoint anyone to the moderating or even administrating staff to take care of things, people have decided at this point, the best thing to do is just shut down operations altogether.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Has anyone decided to make a new forum?

Truthfully, I stopped posting because I didn't really feel like I belonged there. Odd there's a troll on such a small forum though

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think you probably would fit in better now... since there's really nothing going on there anymore, everybody's kind of lapses into a sense of deranged pleasure... heck, we recently had an RP going on where Bailey the butler turned out to be a child molester, and ended up being hunted down (literally).

But other than that, I there's certainly been talks of perhaps starting all over again from scratch... someone did start a new forum, but this one's pretty much solely dedicated to the kind of dark and twisted RP stuff that was going on there for a while. Some think to start over again might be the best thing to do, while others are concerned about losing all of the content we've already posted over the past couple of years, because apparently, the server can't transfer all of those threads and such to another forum without Hubert's permission... in short, because without Hubert's permission for anything, all that can be done is the server to shut down the forum - and believe me, at least a couple of people have begged the server to make them an admin just so someone can maintain the forum in his absence, but again, the server can't do it without permission.

And as for the troll, apparently, he migrated from the Arthur Wiki, where the staff had already banned him permanently... he has this unnatural, unhealthy, ungodly, and downright compulsive obsession over Bud Compson taking off his hat. Seriously. That's all he ever posts about, is Bud taking off his hat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Facepalm*

The alternate forum to ECC that was overrun by one troll obsess with Bud Compson taking off his hat has actually been invited to the alternate forum, and is even being welcomed with open arms and is being encouraged to keep his trolling ways up.

You know what this reminds me of? Years and years and years ago when that group of trolls came to that Whose Line forum I was a part of, starting hassling me, they got banned initially, but they shortly returned, and when they did, they were actually welcomed back with open arms by everybody, they started hassling me again, then I got banned, and when I tried to comeback, I got banned again.