Miss Piggy and Kermit homemade puppets

Keeermit

Reaction score
hi everyone,
thanks for all your kind words about my work.... im glad you like my muppet characters and my original designs - and although i've noticed on here that some people think copying henson puppets is not using your brain or not being creative i completely disagree!!! i think the more i copy and work out how they design and construct helps me learn how to craft such fantastic designs - like the little corners of kermits mouth to make him smile, its the easiest thing to do but looks great! and it took me a while to work out how they actually did this but now that i know i can incorporate that into my designs when needed. just like cartoonists learn to draw cartoons by copying their favourites before creating their own.... we are the same...... enjoy the art of puppet making.
cheers

jarrod

Keeermit

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Holy crap that's amazing work! It seriously looks like Piggy, Kermit, PePe and Animal are originals. Does Animal have working eyebrows?
hi vic,
yes animals eyes blink, all my recreations have all the same movements as the real puppets e.g. my Gonzo also has excitable eyes (they open further just like the real gonzo) and berts eyebrow moves up and down just like the original.
cheers
jarrod

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Keeermit said:
i've noticed on here that some people think copying henson puppets is not using your brain or not being creative
Ah, that's just jealousy. That's like saying: "I'll never eat toast because it's just exploiting bread." Okay, it's nothing like that, but I agree with you on the subject. You obviously have fantasic talent, and if learning techniques by copying them will further your own abilities; then go nuts 'cause you have got it.

christyb

Reaction score
Wow those are fantastic! I don't see anything wrong with copying Henson's characters if you're keeping them for personal use. Selling them....well that maybe a different story.

Keeermit

Reaction score
hi everyone once again,
thank you once again for all those kind words that are coming my way, i have swamped by emails the last few days with people praising my work and asking for puppet orders, but I must make it clear that I'm not making any "muppet" character puppets on original designs which when they are built (still working on designs that im happy with) they will be on my website for sale and also i will be putting a few on ebay. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Those are fantastic puppets Keeermit,they look almost like the real thing.Great job.

King Jim

Reaction score
WOW! That Kermit puppet better is better than the one hat The Jim Henson Company made. Thats AWSOME! :wink: