1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MSTies unite!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsmanfan, Apr 28, 2011.

1. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

At the (I think) second Expo-Fest-a-Rama, my ex went as the Monster A-Go-Go. Did a fairly good zombie spaceguy walk, too!

---------------------
  2. bazooka_beak Active Member

^ That's awesome :D
  3. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

That and The Starfighters are the only times I ever considered NOT watching an episode through to the end. I applaud you for making it, Sir or Madam. :electric:

In other news:

This is the song, 'bout something or other,
    This is the line, that's mostly filler,
    He TRIIIIIIIED to kill me with a forklift!
    Huzzah!

Can you tell which episode I just watched? :coy:
  4. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    This is the song, that goes to the fight scene!
    This is the fiiiiight, Rocky and Ken!
    He TRIED TO KILL ME WITH A FORKLIIIIIFT...

Now the version a bunch of Msties spontaneously broke into (myself among them) when we were all bunched up waiting for a bus to take us from the lovely historic theatre in downtown Minneapolis (for the Live Show) to the hotel where the convention was going on:

This is the line, the line for the tour bus
    To take us back, to the hoteeeeeeeelllll...
    Don't TRY TO KILL US WITH A FORKLIIIIIIIFT...

Also notable on the bus ride (a bus full of msties is a dangerously wonderful thing, and yes, most of us were total strangers): we circled a block once when the driver got lost. So someone yelled out, "Hey, didn't we pass that billboard a couple of streets back?" To which I and my friend and several others yelled back, "It's clearly following us!"
    --------------------------
  5. The Count Moderator

Sounds like fun Newsie. As for me, the one movie I will never watch again is The Lost Continent. One word... Rockcliiiiiiimbing!
    newsmanfan likes this.
  6. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Don't diss Lost Continent or I'll short-sheet your rock! ;)

In other news that happened a while ago that nobody commented on:

Shout! Factory released a special 2-disc edition of "Manos" The Hands of Fate all the way back on September 13th.

Disc 1 includes:
    • "Manos" The Hands of Fate MST3K Version
    • Group Therapy featurette with Joel, Frank and Mary Jo
    Disc 2 includes:
    • The Original Feature
    • Hotel Torgo documentary
    • Jam Handy To The Rescue! featurette
    • Hired! the complete short film
    • And other unspecified bonus features

Did anybody else know about this and/or have already picked up a copy?
  7. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------
    Sweet! Yes, as usual, my buddy Marty was ordering a copy. Have you watched the special features yet, Zeppo? "Hotel Torgo"...NICE title..."bad movies check in, but then they just wind up being leered at and dancing the Satanic hula with a bunch of undead hotties...and don't check out"?
    ------------------
  8. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I haven't actually gotten a copy yet, but it's on my 'Look for the next time I'm at Best Buy' list (they're the ONLY store around here that carries MST3K). :search:

By the by, have you found out what the unspecified bonus features are?
  9. Son of Enik Member

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here in a long while but I did indeed purchase the MST3K vs. Gamera set, and have watched the entire set twice already!! Love it!! I had forgotten how funny those episodes were and now I am in the process of collecting more sets...I am an MST3K junkie all over again!!
  10. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    Have asked my buddy Marty about the Manos set's special features; no word back yet. I'll let you know!

-----------------
  11. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I already found out first hand. I had to go out on Thursday anyway, so I dropped by Best Buy and picked up a copy. The 'And More' was a blooper reel and fake ad for the Jam Handy featurette, a Joel interview about Jam Handy and the MST Hour wraps.

In other news, I hate 'And More'. :grouchy:

Now, I have another question: Where did Best Brains find their print of Manos?

The episode "Manos" The Hands of Fate print starts with the slowest car chase Joel has ever seen, while all the prints I've found available for download online (and even the unMST-ed version on the second disc of the set) start with our 'heroes' already parked on the ledge, delivering badly dubbed exposition. Who hacked out the driving scene? :confused:
  12. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Volume 22 hasn't even been out a week and Shout! Factory has already issued a press release about the contents of Volume 23.

Episodes:
    • 210- KING DINOSAUR (with short: X MARKS THE SPOT)
    • 323- THE CASTLE OF FU-MANCHU
    • 608- CODE NAME: DIAMOND HEAD (with short: A DAY AT THE FAIR)
    • 611- LAST OF THE WILD HORSES
    Extras:
    • New Introduction By Frank Conniff
    • The Incredible Mr. Lippert documentary
    • Vintage MST3K Promos
    • Life After MST3K: Kevin Murphy
    • Code Name: Quinn Martin
    • DARKSTAR: Robots Don’t Need SAG Cards
    • Original Trailers
    • 4 Mini-Posters

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited. :electric:
  13. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Kewwwlll... will have to look into. Thanks for info!

--------------
  14. We Got Us Active Member

"Samson VS. The Vampire Women", "The Screaming Skull" Maybe the only favorites I haven't seen listed yet. Besides "The Mole People" and "Delta Knights." (Because surely somebody mentioned them...classics.)

You want quotes?
    #1. "I feel a little silly now, do you think I'm over dressed?!" "Be sure to stop by tomorrow...and then LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!" "Oh, that's nice Samson. Just be sure and torch everyone then."
    #2. "Face it, your second choice." "Because when you think 'Shocking horror' you think German oohmpa-band music." and "Remember, if you die of boredom you do not get a free coffin."
    #3. "Oh you never would believe, where those Keebler-cookies come from!" "Well I'd like to, but I'm a gay married priest with a terminal illness, and I'm a holograph on the run from the law..." "Their a colony of mild-mannered great-aunts!"
    #4. "His underwear and his hat are interchangeable." "Ew....wizard wiz..." "Your no longer a slave, do you understand?" "Your the captive of a madman..."

I think over did it. Anyway, yet another mistie here!
  15. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    "Oh, great. Like we needed another geek ta crowd inta this teeny little satellite --"

Shut up, Crow! Welcome in We Got Us!
    -----------------
    We Got Us likes this.
  16. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    So, a couple days ago I received a few more eps from my friend. I had recently watched the Rifftrax of "Over the Top" -- SEE IT. It is arguably the worst movie Stallone EVER made (yes, I know, that IS saying something!) and Mike goes solo on it but does a bang-up job.

As I'm on a Sam Neill kick right now, I watched the Rifftrax of "Jurassic Park", with Mike and guest disser Weird Al. Fantastic throughout, but the bit that had me howling went something like this:

Ian Malcolm: "I'll ride with Dr Stadler."
    Weird Al: "Yeah, he'd like to Statler her Waldorf!"
    Mike: "No. No filthy Muppet innuendo."

Anyone else getting into Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic?
    -------------------
  17. Amanda Taylor Active Member

I wish MST3K was back on the air. It was so funny and right now there alot of corny monster movies on SyFy that need to be MSTed XD
  18. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. They've always had those. It's like they're TRYING to parody themselves on that channel, which has really gone downhill...
    ---------------
  19. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Shout! has released the episode list for Volume 24:
    • 310- FUGITIVE ALIEN
    • 318- STAR FORCE – FUGITIVE ALIEN II
    • 617- THE SWORD AND THE DRAGON
    • 624- SAMSON VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMEN
    He TRIIIIIED to kill me with a forklift! :electric:
  20. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    I know! How great is that! Better than I expected from a --STAR WOLF!

---------------